Protests, looting erupt in Minneapolis over racially charged killing by police

webfact

3 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

'No Blame?' ABC News finds 54 cases invoking 'Trump' in connection with violence, threats, alleged assaults

'ABC News could not find a single criminal case filed in federal or state court where an act of violence or threat was made in the name of President Barack Obama or President George W. Bush.'

Why yes, it is well-known fact that many people have been assaulted simply because they wore a MAGA hat. Thanks for bringing that anti-Trump savages can become triggered and violent so easily. Excellent point to bring into the debate.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Forget about leadership from him.

There is no there there.

All he ever does is make things worse, inflame, divide, and deflect.

Again this is not happening in a vacuum.

There is the important context. Fareed is more optimistic than me but he covers the context well. 

Context: savages who perpetrate violence in their own neighborhood on their own people exponentially more than cops do. The others don't protest against this ongoing violence that kills and maims their own people. But when the statistically rare event of a cop killing one of their own happens, they are suddenly up in arms, protesting, rioting, looting and pillaging.

Many of us who live in the real world find their outrage insincere and misprioritized. Fareed Zakaria is a clown, BTW.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

And you got that conclusion from the article?

The 54 cases identified by ABC News are remarkable in that a link to the president is captured in court documents and police statements, under the penalty of perjury or contempt. These links are not speculative – they are documented in official records. And in the majority of cases identified by ABC News, it was perpetrators themselves who invoked the president in connection with their case, not anyone else.

You are either deluded or trolling.  Either way, not worth engaging any further with you.

PH

No, I didn't get that conclusion from the article. I think for myself and am familiar with the issues as well. That, you think ABC News is going to hand out information like this. Why do you think I am limited to any specific article in any way? That seems like quite a random benchmark or standard to me. I refuse to adhere to it. This is especially true given ABC would leave out such information, as assaulting someone for wearing a MAGA hat should absolutely count as an assault where a president is invoked.

And if I were you, I would absolutely stop engaging with me any further. I wear it as a victory and badge of honor. Good bye and best wishes.

Edited by Crazy Alex

11 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

No it isn't. 

But rather than fan the flames, he ought to try and calm the situation. 

PH

Disagree, to a certain extent he is to blame. If he would have taken protests from amongst others Kapernick for what they were, a protest against police brutality in stead of putting them down as dishonouring the flag, we could be on the right track now.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Context: savages who perpetrate violence in their own neighborhood on their own people exponentially more than cops do. The others don't protest against this ongoing violence that kills and maims their own people. But when the statistically rare event of a cop killing one of their own happens, they are suddenly up in arms, protesting, rioting, looting and pillaging.

Many of us who live in the real world find their outrage insincere and misprioritized. Fareed Zakaria is a clown, BTW.

I saw a video of an elderly black woman on ABC news, crying, asking "Why did they do this? Will this bring George back?". She saw her neighbourhood turned into a warzone and was not having one bit of this being justifiable pretense. She knew. She was black.

And yes, Fareed Zakaria is not taken seriously anymore. He was caught plagiarising.

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Disagree, to a certain extent he is to blame. If he would have taken protests from amongst others Kapernick for what they were, a protest against police brutality in stead of putting them down as dishonouring the flag, we could be on the right track now.

The long history of leftist rioting in the US completely debunks your assertion. To think a president leftists hate so intensely would suddenly stop rioting if only Trump had ____________ when they have rioted through all sorts of presidents is preposterous.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RadicalVestor said:

Whatever......I now have Willies Little s*** Harris as America's 1st Black Female VP. = Fox News is gonna Sh#t them selves silly!

Doubtful... leftists won't like her record as AG in California. She kept people in jail just to use them as a labor force.

2 hours ago, jimmyswale said:

Protests in 75 cities now - Trump sort this mess out pdq. The buck stops with you. You are the leader. This is what his poorly attended inaugural Presidential address 'American Carnage' looks like. 

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure you want him to get involved- he's already talked of shooting looters and releasing dogs on people. 

I'll ask you again, are You ABSOLUTELY sure you want him to get involved. 

Now having formed your answer I'll ask you again. ????

On reflection the novelty value of what he may come out with next has me waiting with bated breath. He's living proof that throwing gasoline on a fire does not put the flames out.????

• Like 1

Just now, Psimbo said:

Are you ABSOLUTELY sure you want him to get involved- he's already talked of shooting looters and releasing dogs on people. 

I'll ask you again, are You ABSOLUTELY sure you want him to get involved. 

Now having formed your answer I'll ask you again. ????

On reflection the novelty value of what he may come out with next has me waiting with bated breath. He's living proof that throwing gasoline on a fire does not put the flames out.????

Looters should be shot on sight. These savages have destroyed too many innocent lives already.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

No it isn't. 

But rather than fan the flames, he ought to try and calm the situation. 

PH

At times like this a great leader needs to step forwad and unite the people.

Oh, hang on- I've just spotted the flaw in that statement

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, stevenl said:

They did of course dishonour the flag, because they morphed into looting, burning and destruction. 

They dishonoured their own cities. 

They dishonoured their own neighbourhoods.

And they dishonoured the nation.

Nothing honourable about looting, burning and letting Antifa activists cause mayhem and destruction.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Psimbo said:

I agree - this is the sort of role model people need at the moment.  https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/31/us/flint-michigan-protest-police-trnd/index.html

That's funny. I'm glad it's working out in Flint. But to think cops should be marching with protestors in cities where people's businesses and lives are being destroyed is absolutely sill and unicornish.

7 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

That's funny. I'm glad it's working out in Flint. But to think cops should be marching with protestors in cities where people's businesses and lives are being destroyed is absolutely sill and unicornish.

I certainy do feel sorry for the innocent business owners, who work hard to provide for the families, who now see looters ruthlessly exploiting the destruction and mayhem shored up by the Antifa and anarchist activists. 

It's always the innocent that suffer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Logosone said:

I certainy do feel sorry for the innocent business owners, who work hard to provide for the families, who now see looters ruthlessly exploiting the destruction and mayhem shored up by the Antifa and anarchist activists. 

That's the only problem I have with any of this. There are many cities in the US with high crime rates. If only the thugs could just hurt and kill each other. I just read about a firefighter in Minneapolis who put his life savings into a sports bar that never got to open due to these savages. I don't think we hear their voices often enough in these messes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Logosone said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/31/my-familys-restaurant-caught-fire-protests-let-it-burn-oppressive-systems-with-it/

4 minutes ago, jimmyswale said:

Very misguided young woman, burning her restaurant down is not going to have one iota of influence over whether justice will happen. Maybe the father wanted to attach some meaning after everything was lost. Tragic what is happening.

51 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

And you got that conclusion from the article?

The 54 cases identified by ABC News are remarkable in that a link to the president is captured in court documents and police statements, under the penalty of perjury or contempt. These links are not speculative – they are documented in official records. And in the majority of cases identified by ABC News, it was perpetrators themselves who invoked the president in connection with their case, not anyone else.

You are either deluded or trolling.  Either way, not worth engaging any further with you.

PH

The ignore list is your friend. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

'Savages'? Pretty clear from this and other statements of yours above where you stand on the issue. I suggest Bubbas-R-Us.com may be a more suitable place for you and a couple of others on here to hang out.

How do you feel about cops beating people who have not actually been involved in looting and rioting, or saying 'light em up' before engaging them with high powered paintballs in a quiet residential neighbourhood.  I do not condone the violence but neither do I condone the storm trooper tactics of some heavily militarised police forces.. Its a sad day for the US and a sad time for the people of the US.  I served in a military that was actively involved in riot control for a number of years and if I had behaved in this manner I would have been prosecuted,

I have made my position on the murder of Floyd very clear but will be happy to state it again. From the start, I called it murder. I am happy he's been arrested and charged. I also suspect at least three more cops need to be charge with murder, but will await the process to sort it out. From what I have seen and read, I expect them to be charged with murder as well.

Some facts are needed in this debate. FACT: civilian thugs assault, maim and kill exponentially more of their own neighbors than cops do. There are never any protests about that. Rioting over a cop murdering a man shows an incredible lack of priorities. That said, I certainly agree murder under color or authority is huge.

We agree on the militarization of the police. I've watched this happen in the US, especially over the last decade. It is alarming.

"New York Police Department investigators said Sunday they believe outside anarchist groups coordinated efforts to incite violence at the city’s weekend protests, citing communications between members on social media and encrypted platforms.

“We’re seeing a lot of outside and independent agitators connected with anarchist groups who are deliberately trying to provoke acts of violence,” said NYPD Deputy Commissioner of Intelligence and Counterterrorism John Miller.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/george-floyd-protests-minneapolis-11590844180

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

I call BS on that article.

It is indeed hard to believe. A family glad their restaurants is burned down.

Imagine you just come out of Covid19 restrictions and are allowed to open. And then they burn down your restaurant. Your life's work. 

A bit hard to believe he'd welcome it.

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The ignore list is your friend. 

I considered the ignore list. But I've never come across anyone I didn't think I could compete with or defeat in a debate based on facts. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If destroying innocent lives were an argument for being shot on site the offices of Wall Street would be running with blood. 

That was funny. Looters are not innocent people. They are violent thugs. Your attempt to drag Wall Street into this is beyond laughable and wholly irrelevant to the topic.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1