Protests, looting erupt in Minneapolis over racially charged killing by police

webfact

3 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Yes, the scorn he got is also known as Freedom of Speech. The fact is, Michael Brown was a thug. "Hands up don't shoot" was proven nonsense. Brown was killed while attempting to assault a cop. Barack Obama sent a legion of investigators to trump up something on the officer that shot Brown and came up with nothing. Now you know why Kaepernick was ridiculed. He's a clown.

it's time to wake up and smell the coffee

• Haha 2

this:

In the CBS interview, lawyer Benjamin Crump also said "we now have the audio from the police bodycam and we hear where one officer says 'he doesn't have a pulse, maybe we should turn him on his side', but yet officer Chauvin says 'no, we're going to keep him in this position'. That's intent.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52869504

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

this:

In the CBS interview, lawyer Benjamin Crump also said "we now have the audio from the police bodycam and we hear where one officer says 'he doesn't have a pulse, maybe we should turn him on his side', but yet officer Chauvin says 'no, we're going to keep him in this position'. That's intent.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52869504

That is FANTASTIC news. I had this one little concern I am now going to share. One could make the case that the cop keeping his knee on Floyd's neck even while being filmed was proof there was no intent. After all, who would keep choking a victim even while being filmed? I knew in my heart there was intent, but that video still makes me nervous. If they have him on tape, intent established. Let's get to trial and put this thug behind bars where he belongs. Now that said, we have to figure out who was in charge there and what their obligations would be. In my mind, the three cops there should go down for not stopping this outrage. Policy and seniority may dictate this takes some time to figure out. But to be clear, all four should go to prison for multiple decades.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

i think at that point, chauvin with 19 years (i believe i read) on the force was senior officer at the scene.  the other three had about three years.

all four were wearing bodycams.  and now we get some selected bits of audio quoted by the defense lawyer.    i wonder if he's been given access to all of it?  what are the odds chauvin recognized floyd from working the same club?  amazing he could do this knowing he was being recorded, and didn't appear concerned in the slightest.

knowing the man had no pulse, refusing to move him.  he wanted to make sure he was dead.  wonder why?

Yes, I read about them working at the same club. I wonder if we'll find out Chauvin had some axe to grind? I just hope we don't get bogged down in BS. He put his knee on the dude's neck and killed him. Nothing else matters IMHO.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes exactly. We might be in a different place if Kaepernick had been treated with respect and gotten a QB job he well deserved. He wasn't disrespecting the anthem or the flag at all. The right wingers saying that were clearly not even bothering to hear and understand his message (deep seated institutional/structural racism) instead opting for a knee jerk reactionary response.

This mass protest isn't about one man in Minnesota. That was just a trigger. 

The virus has exposed American racism and extreme inequality much more than usual. It was always there. Now it's much much more visible.

Pure nonsense. Think about it. So you're saying black people wouldn't be rioting if only the NFL had given Kaepernick a job? Oh please. Kaepernick made his bed. He was a marginal player and elected to create baggage that made him less desirable. His message was heard and rejected in the market place of free ideas. He had his little show trying to convince teams to hire him. The NFL will generally hire people with skills. Kaepernick just wasn't good enough Blaming right wingers for Kaepernick's stupidity and lack of talent is laughable and without any merit whatsoever.

But yes, violent thugs are easily triggered. We've seen this before. Nothing new here.

Now tell us again how COVID-19 has exposed American racism. I'd love to hear how that works.

• Haha 1

Expanding on my previous. It's important for both Americans and non-Americans to understand the context of the protests and riots all over the USA now. They aren't happening in a vacuum.

The USA is in extremely deep now.  Enemies of the USA are rejoicing and they have good reasons. Friends would be right to pity this once great country rapidly heading towards breakdown and international irrelevance. 

The United States are anything but united now. Divided like this, we will fall. 

America is at low ebb, shaken by multiple blows, and Trump adds to the distress

America is at a low ebb. Pain and destruction strangle hopes and dreams of people across the country. People are dying — alone from a terrible virus or from a knee on the neck in full public view.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/america-is-at-low-ebb-shaken-by-multiple-blows-and-trump-adds-to-the-distress/2020/05/31/2becbd02-a35c-11ea-b619-3f9133bbb482_story.html

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Expanding on my previous. It's important for both Americans and non-Americans to understand the context of the protests and riots all over the USA now. They aren't happening in a vacuum.

The USA is in extremely deep now.  Enemies of the USA are rejoicing and they have good reasons. Friends would be right to pity this once great country rapidly heading towards breakdown and international irrelevance. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/america-is-at-low-ebb-shaken-by-multiple-blows-and-trump-adds-to-the-distress/2020/05/31/2becbd02-a35c-11ea-b619-3f9133bbb482_story.html

The bill for electing Trump who is sowing distrust and hatred is there now for all to see and it is going to be a hell of a bill in the end. This is just the start and it could easily descend into anarchy and chaos with awful violence and destruction on all sides. China must be laughing and quietly confident they will emerge the eventual so called 'victor' in the end. That was one hell of a bio-weapon they unleashed on the world figuratively speaking.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jimmyswale said:

The bill for electing Trump who is sowing distrust and hatred is there now for all to see and it is going to be a hell of a bill in the end. This is just the start and it could easily descend into anarchy and chaos with awful violence and destruction on all sides. China must be laughing and quietly confident they will emerge the eventual so called 'victor' in the end. That was one hell of a bio-weapon they unleashed on the world figuratively speaking.  

That's a hell of a story.  

• Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Mostly pure liberal gobbledygook. Riots have been happening in the US for years. There is nothing unique about them. Well, mostly riots are perpetrated by leftist thugs. So there is that. They've rioted during Republican and Democrat presidents. So there's that. Leftists are just generally unhappy people. It's a prerequisite, really.

Just take this shooting, for example. Apparently, night after night of violence in Minneapolis by ordinary citizens is acceptable. A black Muslim shooting an unarmed white, barefoot, Australian woman who had just called 911 to report a disturbance? Not a problem. No one one rioted. When black person after black person is assaulted, beaten, raped or murdered in Minneapolis, no one cares. But a white cop kills a black man, with virtually the entire country calling for him to be arrested- and leftists riot. And they riot even after the cop is arrested and charged!

And yes, leftists hate America. You can tell by the posts right here on TVF from your fellow leftists. You can tell by what leftists protest and support, in addition to what they riot over. They chanted for dead cops now in New York City. Five Dallas cops were murdered after a Black Lives Matter rally in Dallas. They rioted against capitalism at a G20 summit (meh... maybe that was Canada, leftists all look the same to me). They hate capitalism. They hate cops. They hate America.

Indeed America is divided. It's a battle between evil leftist thugs who hate America and love Chinese communists versus normal Americans who just want to work and live in peace.

Whose side are you on? I think we all know the answer to that.

Oh, but I did find that Drama Queen stuff from the Washington Post mildly amusing thanks for that at least. I must say, it's comical watching people trying to blame thuggery in a liberal city and state on Trump quite amusing.

I would have just one suggestion for you. Figure out who America's enemies are. Hint: whining about capitalism is a solid indicator.

Edited by Crazy Alex
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Riots brought an end to child labor, a 40 hour work week, the 2nd Amendment and a revolution that culminated in the creation of your country.

Cool... do you think they can bring an end to the violence, drugs, horrible government schools, and blight that has plagued black neighborhoods for about as long as they've been supporting Democrats? While I do not in any way diminish the evil of the murderous thug, it seems to me they are rioting for the wrong reasons.

23 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

You obviously don't know Barack Obama. But let's get back to the looting in Minneapolis. Whose side are you on? The looters or the victims of the looting?

But since you brought up a previous President, does tweeting "When the looting starts, the shooting start", a phrase used publicly twice before, both by white supremicists, help or hinder the situation? 

PH

Edited by Phulublub
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

But since you brought up a previous President, does tweeting "When the looting starts, the shooting start", a phrase used publicly twice before, both by white supremicists, help or hinder the situation? 

PH

This just shows the partisan, left wing extremism at the heart of all the posting, previous pretense of impartiality notwithstanding. You are going to focus on a few words in a tweet, really? So how about the far left activists breaking windows, burning cars, how is that helping the situation?

Of course it's Trumps faults now that far left extremists burn down the cities. Unbelievable hypocrisy.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

This just shows the partisan, left wing extremism at the heart of all the posting, previous pretense of impartiality notwithstanding. You are going to focus on a few words in a tweet, really?

Because it so clearly shows that the US is without any responsible leadership at all so it has to be addressed. The US is in a time of crisis and a calm, collected and rational president is what the country needs. Instead we have a completely self-absorbed, evil and dimwitted child.

Earlier during this administration there were a couple of grownups around that could yank his orange ears. Sadly, the grownups have all left the building and what remains is real life "Lord of the Flies" - complete disaster.

Make no mistake, the virus epidemic, resulting in massive unemployment and a restless and fearful population coupled with "Floyd" incidents stoking the always simmering racial tensions and having an evil clown as president, is the perfect storm. Let's hope it doesn't hit us dead center.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

WHAT?

Who cares, what he was arrested for?

"Have a look at him"?

Are you out of your mind?

He was arrested for using a counterfied bank- note (at least that is the official version).

In this case, it does not matter if he smoked crack or did LSD or just had a cup of coffee!

But I guess you know that very well and you just enjoy, getting people worked up with your racist attitude!

he was stopped and questioned because a minimart clerk didn't like the look of a $20 bill that was presented for payment and called the police.  the bill has not been proven to be counterfeit.  could have just been through the wash and faded or felt wrong.

the cops, themselves not experts in identification of forged currency, had not even inspected the bill, nor had they interviewed the minimart clerk.  at this point there is no grounds for arrest.

anyone with police experience here?  what would be sop for investigating a report of a non-violent crime when you stop the suspect directly outside the store where an alleged counterfeit bill was allegedly used?

would you:

A)  question the subject and request to see the bills in his wallet, while one of your three partners interviews the clerk and reviews surveillance video, or

B)  put the suspect in handcuffs, and then proceed to murder him?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Mostly pure liberal gobbledygook. Riots have been happening in the US for years. There is nothing unique about them. Well, mostly riots are perpetrated by leftist thugs. So there is that. They've rioted during Republican and Democrat presidents. So there's that. Leftists are just generally unhappy people. It's a prerequisite, really.

Just take this shooting, for example. Apparently, night after night of violence in Minneapolis by ordinary citizens is acceptable. A black Muslim shooting an unarmed white, barefoot, Australian woman who had just called 911 to report a disturbance? Not a problem. No one one rioted. When black person after black person is assaulted, beaten, raped or murdered in Minneapolis, no one cares. But a white cop kills a black man, with virtually the entire country calling for him to be arrested- and leftists riot. And they riot even after the cop is arrested and charged!

And yes, leftists hate America. You can tell by the posts right here on TVF from your fellow leftists. You can tell by what leftists protest and support, in addition to what they riot over. They chanted for dead cops now in New York City. Five Dallas cops were murdered after a Black Lives Matter rally in Dallas. They rioted against capitalism at a G20 summit (meh... maybe that was Canada, leftists all look the same to me). They hate capitalism. They hate cops. They hate America.

Indeed America is divided. It's a battle between evil leftist thugs who hate America and love Chinese communists versus normal Americans who just want to work and live in peace.

Whose side are you on? I think we all know the answer to that.

Oh, but I did find that Drama Queen stuff from the Washington Post mildly amusing thanks for that at least. I must say, it's comical watching people trying to blame thuggery in a liberal city and state on Trump quite amusing.

I would have just one suggestion for you. Figure out who America's enemies are. Hint: whining about capitalism is a solid indicator.

The fly in the ointment in this case is that the helpless victim was killed while pleading for his life on video.

And the person who for 10 minutes appeared to be relishing in the deliberate taking of his life was supposed to be a policeman, an upholder of the law who had promised to protect and serve the public.

Take the ethnic identities out of the equation, a man has been murdered in cold blood in broad daylight for all the world to see.

Any previous form George Floyd may have had is of no consequence nor is the authenticity of the mysterious vanishing fake $20 note.

The resultant rioting was a foregone conclusion that even a mentally deficient tadpole could have foreseen and should not detract from the awful crime we witnessed taking place on our TV screens.

Edited by yogi100
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Logosone said:

This just shows the partisan, left wing extremism at the heart of all the posting, previous pretense of impartiality notwithstanding. You are going to focus on a few words in a tweet, really? So how about the far left activists breaking windows, burning cars, how is that helping the situation?

Of course it's Trumps faults now that far left extremists burn down the cities. Unbelievable hypocrisy.

Take off your blinkers please. 

I did not introduce US Presidents to this discussion.  I suggested that the current incumbent did not help the situation with a message that has been sued twice (to my knowledge) in the past by white supremicists. Do you think such a tweet, at such a time, was a good idea and would calm the situation?

How do you know the polotical agenda of all the agitators who are inflaming the situation (Trump aside) are "far left activists"? 

How do you know that all the rioters are "far left activists"? 

And I am far from being a partisan left wing extremist.  I would have voted for John McCain over pretty much any and all previous presidential candidates for a long time.  What politicalcolour does that make me?

PH