Protests, looting erupt in Minneapolis over racially charged killing by police

webfact

10 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Yes, I read about them working at the same club. I wonder if we'll find out Chauvin had some axe to grind? I just hope we don't get bogged down in BS. He put his knee on the dude's neck and killed him. Nothing else matters IMHO.

It would be interesting to seek if he has a record of putting his knee of a white dude's neck long enough to cause harm, or if it was just George Floyd's bad luck.. 

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

<snip>

How do you know the polotical agenda of all the agitators who are inflaming the situation (Trump aside) are "far left activists"? 

How do you know that all the rioters are "far left activists"? 

<snip>

At the earlier press conference, Department of Public Safety Commissioner John Harrington confirmed evidence of white supremacist groups trying to incite violence; Many posted messages online that encouraged people to go loot in Minneapolis and cause mayhem.

From Forbes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

At the earlier press conference, Department of Public Safety Commissioner John Harrington confirmed evidence of white supremacist groups trying to incite violence; Many posted messages online that encouraged people to go loot in Minneapolis and cause mayhem.

From Forbes.

<sarcasm>Maybe these white supremicist groups are full of far left activists....?</sarcasm>

PH

8 minutes ago, Opl said:

It would be interesting to seek if he has a record of putting his knee oh a white dude's neck long enough to cause harm, or if it was just George Floyd's bad luck.. 

if you seek, you can find an interview with the former club owner who recounts some....... difficulties ........ with chauvin's behavior towards certain clubgoers during the so-called 'afrikan-american' nights.  doesn't prove anything, of course, but anything he's done in his past is going to come out.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

if you seek, you can find an interview with the former club owner who recounts some....... difficulties ........ with chauvin's behavior towards certain clubgoers during the so-called 'afrikan-american' nights.  doesn't prove anything, of course, but anything he's done in his past is going to come out.

The LEO job attracts a certain personality type

has anyone heard/read about the two other guys in the car with floyd ?  i saw an interview on CNN with a guy that was parked across the street and turned in a video he had going for part of the time he was there.  he mentioned there were two other guys in the car.  i don't know if the cops scared them off or what, but they seem to be key witnesses to the whole thing.  if i was in a car with my two friends and the cops killed one of us, the two of us left alive would be in front of the cameras telling the story that same day.  i realize the video(s) are sufficient as evidence but having a witness (or two) that saw what happened from start to finish would be ideal.  yet i haven't seen anything on these witnesses at all.  surely they'll be called to testify.

8 hours ago, impulse said:

For all the gloating Brits...  And Gemans.  And Canucks.  I hope they don't go as chaotic as the American protests, but it doesn't seem to strike only American nerves.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2020/05/31/george-floyd-international-protests/5300108002/

What 'gloating Brits'? Do you mind!

No British people I know are gloating I can assure you of that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Because it so clearly shows that the US is without any responsible leadership at all so it has to be addressed.

Whether you think Trump is irresponsible or not, obviously he is, is hardly the point.

There are people breaking into businesses stealing TVs, left wing extremists escalating the violence and burning cars.

How is this not more irresponsible, more pressing and more causative to this chaos?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

I did not introduce US Presidents to this discussion.  I suggested that the current incumbent did not help the situation with a message that has been sued twice (to my knowledge) in the past by white supremicists.

The fact that you would, in this situation, focus on the few words in a tweet, rather than on the obvious left wing extremists that are burning cars, the looting of businesses just goes to show what kind of agenda you have.

Thankfully the federal authorities in the US are investigating the left wing extremist violence and hopefully the looters will be apprehended in large numbers. They are obviously using the death of this unfortunate man for their own benefit. It's disgusting. As is suggesting a few words in a tweet caused this. That's ludicrous.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I hope the President is safe in the bunker hiding from his own citizens. The last WH VP Dick Cheney who seek safety in the bunker on Sept 11 2001 was from possible terrorist attacks. 

I don't know if it's true or not, but the lights are out at the White House tonight. It is claimed that this is the first time since 1889.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Opl said:

and what is your explanation that far-right extremists / white supremacists / Alt right activists see no benefit - openly or by proxy to take advantage of this chaos, one way or the other?

We have seen in the past that when the left wing appear to be a clear a present danger that there is a strong right wing reaction. That's how fascism started, as a response to communism. Now we are seeing the far right in the US responding to the chaos the left wing extremists are causing. This is hardly surprising. 

Both are being investigated by the federal authorities and will be neutralised.

"Federal law enforcement officials tell CNN they are aware of organized groups who are seeking to carry out the property destruction and violence, using the cover of the legitimate protests in Minneapolis and elsewhere. Those domestic extremist groups include anarchists, anti-government groups often associated with far-right extremists and white supremacy causes, and far-left extremists who identify with anti-fascist ideology."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/31/politics/outside-influence-extremists-riots-us/index.html

Edited by Logosone
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

"...obvious leftwing extremmists..." I guess you have clear evidence for this BS?!

What is disgusting, is that you and your ilk, are using the death of George Floyd, to spout propaganda from the back of your very high horse!

There is video- footage available from a bunch of white guys, with no obvious connection to anybody else on the scene, smashing in windows and inciting violence!

One is deemed an agent provocatuer, undercover- cop!

Obviously the protests about George Floyd were fanned by left wingers as the Black Lives matter agenda is a left wing one, not a right wing one.

Indeed the federal authorities are already investigating left wing extremist groups:

"Federal law enforcement officials tell CNN they are aware of organized groups who are seeking to carry out the property destruction and violence, using the cover of the legitimate protests in Minneapolis and elsewhere. Those domestic extremist groups include anarchists, anti-government groups often associated with far-right extremists and white supremacy causes, and far-left extremists who identify with anti-fascist ideology."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/31/politics/outside-influence-extremists-riots-us/index.html

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Logosone said:

We have seen in the past that when the left wing appear to be a clear a present danger that there is a strong right wing reaction. That's how fascism started, as a response to communism. Now we are seeing the far right in the US responding to the chaos the left wing extremists are causing. This is hardly surprising. 

Both are being investigated by the federal authorities and will be neutralised.

We know how In the past, the conjunction of extreme left and extreme right  brought populist leaders to power for the worst. 

We know how today, whenever there is an opportunity to undermine center-moderate governments in place, both left and right extreme wings join their efforts on the same battleground, so that even their followers directly switch from the left to the right. So I still don't understand how you exonerate far-right activists of grabbing such an opportunity to reinforce their political platform in middle-of-the road people minds? 

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1

Denver Mayor Michael Hancock told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Sunday he "wouldn't be surprised if Antifa" was behind some of the actions in his city. "We don't have the specific information they're directly engaged, but we have intel, we have watched and intercepted, frankly, groups coming into Denver. We have confiscated weapons, including assault weapons, that were heading to the demonstrations."

Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney on Sunday denounced what he called "anarchists" for the looting and vandalism that occurred Saturday night in his city and claimed rhetoric from the White House was "perpetuating" the violence.

1 minute ago, Logosone said:

Obviously the protests about George Floyd were fanned by left wingers as the Black Lives matter agenda is a left wing one, not a right wing one.

Indeed the federal authorities are already investigating left wing extremist groups:

So time for you to retract your statements "the obvious left wing extremists that are burning cars, the looting of businesses" and "the left wing extremist violence", blaming all on left wing extremists when the right wingers are fanning the protests.

• Like 1

In New York, investigators are also searching social media to identify leaders who are trying to get protestors to gather to incite violence, a law enforcement official told CNN. Investigators there have seen antagonizers more affiliated with Antifa and far-left causes, and not necessarily white supremacist groups. "They do not represent the peaceful New Yorkers that want to protest," the official said.

17 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Confirmed by several sources that Trump fled into the bunker, don't know if he or the Secret Service instigated that.

Also confirmed that last night he could not go on air for an nation wide address, since there was and is no policy.

Bad optic for a tough guy wannabe. 
https://www.news18.com/news/buzz/tough-guy-donald-trump-taking-shelter-in-white-house-bunker-during-protests-has-twitter-in-disbelief-2646941.html

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

So time for you to retract your statements "the obvious left wing extremists that are burning cars, the looting of businesses" and "the left wing extremist violence", blaming all on left wing extremists when the right wingers are fanning the protests.

No, I think we need to differentiate between who were the main originators of extreme violence and those who were merely minor influences. Looking at the course of events, and indeed the statements by mayors from various cities, and indeed investigators in those cities it seems clear that it was the extreme left wing activists primarily who sought to use the chaos of the riots for their political ends.

• Sad 1

"An antifa activist group disseminated a message in a Telegram channel on Saturday that encouraged people to consider Minnesota National Guard troops “easy targets,” two Defense Department officials said. The message encouraged activists to steal “kit,” meaning the weapons and body armor used by the soldiers. The officials were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity."

https://apnews.com/32bc90566697388645f01675359dcad1

1) Protest “No Justice, No Peace”

2) The Police are the root of all Evil in Society

3). The police and the justice system need reform.

4) Block Traffic

5). Okay time to go shopping and it’s Free.

Saw this in 1992.  The major difference was back in 1992 30 Million were not unemployed and the people had not been locked down for 60 days.  The reason for the protest(as in the past) has been misplaced.  

I hope at least the California National Guard brings ammunition this time(they failed to do so in 1992 and did not do much).  Also, the Department of Defense had a contingent present in case local enforcement could not regain control.  The same type of contingency is present today. These types of “Protests” will occur again because America is the most diverse nation in the world.  Therefore, it has been and always be the most Divisive and Divided Nation in the world.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Logosone said:

No, I think we need to differentiate between who were the main originators of extreme violence and those who were merely minor influences. Looking at the course of events, and indeed the statements by mayors from various cities, and indeed investigators in those cities it seems clear that it was the extreme left wing activists primarily who sought to use the chaos of the riots for their political ends.

Sad you're missing reality here.

• Like 2