Protests, looting erupt in Minneapolis over racially charged killing by police

webfact

"Before protests began in New York City, organizers of anarchist groups began raising money for bail, recruited medical teams to deploy for violent interactions with police and planned how to target high-end stores, said John Miller, the NYPD’s deputy commissioner of intelligence and counterterrorism.

Scouts on bicycles would also move ahead of the groups to report where the police would be and then direct small breakaway groups to areas where they could torch police cars or throw Molotov cocktails, Miller said."

https://apnews.com/32bc90566697388645f01675359dcad1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Sad you're missing reality here.

Clearly you're missing reality here. The evidence is all over the place. Far left antifa and anarchist groups directed and caused some of the violence.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

Whether you think Trump is irresponsible or not, obviously he is, is hardly the point.

There are people breaking into businesses stealing TVs, left wing extremists escalating the violence and burning cars.

How is this not more irresponsible, more pressing and more causative to this chaos?

Never said it wasn't. The rioting and looting has to stop but having an imbecile in the WH makes it so much harder.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 8:03 AM, DoctorG said:

Even if what you say is true, is it an excuse for burning and looting?

The (lawfully) heavily armed white folk in Michigan were protesting peaceably. 

555. Nothing says peace like an automatic weapon. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Why did you ignore the multiple references to far right groups in the article?

Because they don't fit his narrative. Hence my post "Sure they did, and so did the right extremist groups. End of this discussion for me, I have proved my point clearly and with links, links you're selectively quoting and ignoring what you don't like.",

• Like 2

Protests in 75 cities now - Trump sort this mess out pdq. The buck stops with you. You are the leader. This is what his poorly attended inaugural Presidential address 'American Carnage' looks like. 

Edited by jimmyswale
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Left wing, left wing, left wing you chant and chant and chant - and even back it up with numerous selective quotes, with even more selective highlighting.  From your OWN quote above, with different highlighting:

Those domestic extremist groups include anarchists, anti-government groups often associated with far-right extremists and white supremacy causes, and far-left extremists who identify with anti-fascist ideology."

Thank you for making my point for me.

PH

So you're a quoting a quote of mine which includes reference to the right wing violence to show that I did not refer to right wing violence. That's funny.

The reason why I emphasize left wing violence is because there is considerably more and clearer evidence that it was antifa and anarchist groups that were directing and exacerbating the violence. 

This is a well known Antifa tactic, to jump on legitimate protests and hijack them to cause chaos by creating wide spread destruction and violence.

• Sad 1

On an aside our twelve year old daughter has said “let me breath” three times in a sing song voice over the last two days. I asked her where she’d heard that and she said, “it’s all over TikTok”, with a wave of her arm. 
TikTok. Just so you know the Chinese are absolutely loving this. Flush the turd November third. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Depends who you consider the savages?

1) Police with guns killing black folk for no reason, or

2) Black people trying to escape the police oppression.

(I'd probably run and hide from both sides)

The likelihood of one of the rioters being a savage versus the police officers is exponentially higher. I of course believe at least one and probably four cops murdered Floyd. That is not justification to burn down entire cities.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, RobFord said:

On an aside our twelve year old daughter has said “let me breath” three times in a sing song voice over the last two days. I asked her where she’d heard that and she said, “it’s all over TikTok”, with a wave of her arm. 
TikTok. Just so you know the Chinese are absolutely loving this. Flush the turd November third. 

Local issue, Trump has nothing to do with it.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

Left wing, left wing, left wing you chant and chant and chant - and even back it up with numerous selective quotes, with even more selective highlighting.  From your OWN quote above, with different highlighting:

Those domestic extremist groups include anarchists, anti-government groups often associated with far-right extremists and white supremacy causes, and far-left extremists who identify with anti-fascist ideology."

Thank you for making my point for me.

PH

As with virtually all riots, the left owns this 100%.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, sqwakvfr said:

1) Protest “No Justice, No Peace”

2) The Police are the root of all Evil in Society

3). The police and the justice system need reform.

4) Block Traffic

5). Okay time to go shopping and it’s Free.

Saw this in 1992.  The major difference was back in 1992 30 Million were not unemployed and the people had not been locked down for 60 days.  The reason for the protest(as in the past) has been misplaced.  

I hope at least the California National Guard brings ammunition this time(they failed to do so in 1992 and did not do much).  Also, the Department of Defense had a contingent present in case local enforcement could not regain control.  The same type of contingency is present today. These types of “Protests” will occur again because America is the most diverse nation in the world.  Therefore, it has been and always be the most Divisive and Divided Nation in the world.  

I remember 1992 vividly, as I lived in an LA suburb at the time. They actually announced to the public the National Guard would have weapons but no ammo!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Logosone said:

"Before protests began in New York City, organizers of anarchist groups began raising money for bail, recruited medical teams to deploy for violent interactions with police and planned how to target high-end stores, said John Miller, the NYPD’s deputy commissioner of intelligence and counterterrorism.

Scouts on bicycles would also move ahead of the groups to report where the police would be and then direct small breakaway groups to areas where they could torch police cars or throw Molotov cocktails, Miller said."

https://apnews.com/32bc90566697388645f01675359dcad1

Stacks of bricks have been found placed around Dallas, at least one with molotov cocktails. It's entirely orchestrated.

• Thanks 1