Protests, looting erupt in Minneapolis over racially charged killing by police

webfact

35 minutes ago, stevenl said:

The only one making assumptions here is Heppinger, painting the dead guy as black as he can, ignoring the officer's record.

Seems a few are assuming the police are guilty of murder. It works both ways.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

So video showing us proof he killed the guy is in your opinion the same as accusing someone of all Heppinger is accusing the guy of. 

We have proof he killed the guy, that is not an assumption.

Are you serving on the jury? I don't see proof he was killed right there. Again you are watching a video and making assumptions. You read the coroners report? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So video showing us proof he killed the guy is in your opinion the same as accusing someone of all Heppinger is accusing the guy of. 

We have proof he killed the guy, that is not an assumption.

I think that is a little premature.  We have evidence that a crime has possibly - even probably, or even almost certainly - been committed.  For me, we have more than enough to fully justify arresting those involved while the investigation continues. 

PH

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phulublub said:

I think that is a little premature.  We have evidence that a crime has possibly - even probably, or even almost certainly - been committed.  For me, we have more than enough to fully justify arresting those involved while the investigation continues. 

PH

What on earth are you wittering on about..?

12 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Are you serving on the jury? I don't see proof he was killed right there. Again you are watching a video and making assumptions. You read the coroners report? 

Ok, I'll give you it could be manslaughter in stead of murder.

But your claim others are making assumptions on the guilt of the officer is nonsense with the video there for all to see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, faraday said:

What on earth are you wittering on about..?

SteveL said we have proof that the cop killed Floyd.  I disagree -we have evidence that should be submitted to trial along with all other relevent material.

(For the avoidance of doubt, from what I have seen and read, I think the cop should be found guilty of at least manslaughter, if not murder.  But that is an opinion - we are not in a courtroom).

PH

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

SteveL said we have proof that the cop killed Floyd.  I disagree -we have evidence that should be submitted to trial along with all other relevent material.

(For the avoidance of doubt, from what I have seen and read, I think the cop should be found guilty of at least manslaughter, if not murder.  But that is an opinion - we are not in a courtroom).

PH

What charges do you think the other cops should be on? More difficult to decide on them but they must have a level of responsibility. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If you are suggesting the cop will face trial before a jury, that’s a positive step forward.

Those wearing uniforms , often consider themselves above the Law.

Perk of the job ..

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

PH

Not being in a courtroom doesn't mean there is no proof, it just means he has not been convicted (hopefully yet). 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Not being in a courtroom doesn't mean there is no proof, it just means he has not been convicted (hopefully yet). 

It is open and shut when the coroner is finished. Either they broke his neck or strangled him or they didn't If any injury from being pinned down caused the death it will be very obvious. Right now that would also be proof of manslaughter not murder. It isn't that clear cut. 

Right now we have proof he was involved in some type of altercation and was subdued as many others have had happen to them in the past. I have seen people being arrested in the USA many times and this isn't as unusual as people think. Any problem you make with the cops you end up pinned down to the ground.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

What charges do you think the other cops should be on? More difficult to decide on them but they must have a level of responsibility. 

Accessory to whatever Cop 1 charged with would be a good start.

PH

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, elliss said:

The first non white President of America, Obama .

Silence is golden , what a coward ..

Obama is possibly a little more rational and circumspect than the average TV poster. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Nothing speaks racial equality and justice more than burning a police station, destroying 170 businesses and looting. Pure scum.

What is your opinion of the four policemen involved in the initial incident?

PH

The Wimp Cop now cowering at home. With a few of his armed buddies outside, trying to saving his life.

https://www.twincities.com/2020/05/28/george-floyd-protesters-arrested-at-oakdale-home-belonging-to-minneapolis-police-officer/

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just watched the video in the Mail Online, shocking stuff, glad the British police are not like that. This reminds me of Rodney King in 1991 and America burned then too, but at least they didn't kill him on camera. A lot of places are tinderboxes at present, one spark and boom up it goes!

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Even if he died from a heart attack the officer caused that, therefore killed him.

It's not that clean cut. That is also not something you can prove in a video. You are reaching now. I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. In past threads I have always given the benefit of the doubt on things like this.

Something is unusual if a group of police decided just on a whim to take a man down and strangle him to death for no reason, in full daylight, for God and all to see. So you take your proof because what we need is evidence. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1