Protests, looting erupt in Minneapolis over racially charged killing by police

webfact

49 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Well done angry mobs, the Twin Cities are now under curfew. I finally saw a version of the video where it shows it clearly. It does appear to me his full weight was on the guy. Earlier videos looked like he might be leaning on the car to support the weight or using his other leg that doesn't seem to be the case. If so this will be a very easy conviction. 

<snip>

So now you agree. Next time maybe watch the right video in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, Heppinger said:

Virtue signalling- giving the "asian" cop a free pass because he is well... not white.

Nope, I'm not giving him a free pass, I'm saying that as he was facing the onlookers he probably wasn't fully aware of what was happening behind him. Time will tell when charges are brought and it goes to court.

"Virtue signalling" - the go-to phrase for those that can't discuss things rationally.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Just occurs to me after watching the riots on tv, out of all the people there behaving violently, I have not seen one singe MAGA hat? I wonder who these people are?

They are very fine people, on both sides. Obviously.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Heppinger said:

let me guess the aggressive guy must be white cos whites are aggressive right?  Cultural marxism

I didn't mention any colour, I'm making the point that the person who has now been charged with murder was aggressive right from the start.

You need to get over seeing everything in this case as being about the colour of a persons skin.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Heppinger said:

Again, what did he die of? Did he choke to death or was it heart failure or something else?

Probably something else. It’s reported he had walked under a ladder that morning, so was clearly in for some bad luck later.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Just occurs to me after watching the riots on tv, out of all the people there behaving violently, I have not seen one singe MAGA hat? I wonder who these people are?

How many guys in MAGA hats do you see getting their necks leaned on until they die by a black police officer? Four black cops leaning on one guy's neck while his MAGA hat is on and the next night it is Trump banners, MAGA Hats and carrying their rifles storming the capital

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

14 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Are you serving on the jury? I don't see proof he was killed right there. Again you are watching a video and making assumptions. You read the coroners report? 

The black man was pleading, saying he could not breathe which is what is always likely to be the case when a well built man kneels on your neck for 8 minutes. Surely you realise that. It's not an 'assumption'!

And if you do realise that then you must also realise that being deprived of air is a sure fire way of killing someone. Neither is that an assumption.

Try holding your breath for just one minute. Do it for eight minutes and you'll will probably die or be brain dead. You know that. So did the cop.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

The now ex-cop whose actions are responsible for all this has just been arrested. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/may/29/george-floyd-killing-protests-minneapolis-minnesota-us-twitter-donald-trump-latest-news-live?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

“Former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, who has been identified as the man who put his knee on George Floyd’s neck, has been arrested in connection to Floyd’s death.

John Mark Harrington, the Minnesota department of public safety commissioner, announced the news shortly after a press conference about the Minneapolis protests ended. 

Harrington did not offer any information about the specific charges filed against Chauvin, and it’s unclear whether the three other officers who were also fired after Floyd’s death will be arrested.“

They are all responsible. The Chinese looking cop could easily have pulled Chauvin off but was too cowardly or stupid  to do so.

What a disgraceful excuse for a police force.

And people can't understand why the blacks start rioting and looting! We don't even know what crime Floyd had committed!

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, stevenl said:

Thanks for that, no resistance at all in the video.

Notice also at the end of the vid how that Police officer maneuvers his vehicle onto and blocking the the pedestrian crossing and view of the security camera.

Wonder if that was also deliberate.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, stevenl said:

So now you agree. Next time maybe watch the right video in the first place.

he didn't seem to be supporting his weight.  from the angle i saw, he had one knee on the back of the neck, the other knee mid-spine.

also looked like he had his hands in his pockets to ensure his full weight was on the neck and spine.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Minneapolis sure is weird when it comes to reacting to cops killing people. When a black Muslim cop killed an unarmed, barefoot white lady, there was no rioting. And the unarmed, barefoot white lady had just called 911 to report a possible crime and wasn't suspected of any criminal activity nor an attempt to arrest her made. She was just SHOT.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Justine_Damond

Why is there rioting this time? The different standard seems very strange to me.

Maybe because of the long list of black men being murdered by cops as opposed to the length of the list of white women being murdered by muslim cops? I am thinking the outrage is due to the chronic nature of the former as opposed to the acute nature of the later....what do you think Alex?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

“when the looting starts, the shooting starts" and "these thugs"  says the incumbent.

"if you have a problem figuring out whether you’re for me or trump, then you ain’t black"  says the challenger.

biden just recovered from at least one gaffe.

6 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

It's unlikely the cops knew all this when they approached him and did the $20 bill actually turn out to be counterfeit as has been reported?

Even if they did know about his priors and if the note was a copy it still did not warrant their murdering him.

From the video they are all to blame not just the one who did a bit of nightclub bouncing on the side.

strange thing, there were three people in the car.  they got the first one out, then let him stand by the wall carrying a backpack.  can't say from watching the video if the cops even searched the backpack - if so, it was only a cursory glance.  if the cops sensed any threat at all, why let the man have anything in his hands?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

You can't expect the MAGA Hat Mob to join in but if Trump was worth his salt he'd have jumped on the bandwagon immediately and ordered the arrest of the four cops or at least that of Chauvin.

That would have won him millions of black votes at the next election in November. A quick murder charge will guarantee him winning it. The chance of a lifetime.

But it seems big Don has been caught napping on this occasion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

The US is lecturing the Chinese and HKG how to handle protest! Who is more heavy handed?

How many killed by police in the US and how many known killed in HKG?

Waiting for the guys that stormed the Michigan Capitol to use their assault weapons in the name of "Freedom"

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The very fact they were out burning and looting illustrates the problem. Racist, or at least brutal, officers on one side and criminals on the other. Normal people don't burn and loot, normal guys don't keep their boot on someone's neck when he's saying I can't breathe. I'm guessing he thought it was a verbal ploy. The police precinct I can understand, but the rest?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

You mean they were at work, or at home caring for their family? At lest we agree conservatives were not involved in this orgy of violence and mayhem. You see, productive members of society just do not grasp any excuse for a mass burn and riot and loot, they have morals and responsibilities. The more I see of this craziness on the streets the more sure I am that Trump will triumph in November. American voters by and large do not want to see this this behavior excused and normalized. A lesson CNN is now learning the hard way.

But Trump missed the boat here.

Even conservatives found the murder or killing of Floyd to be be unacceptable and would have expected the POTUS to act immediately by ordering the arrest of the those seen committing the crime.

Had he done so he'd have won over many blacks as well. It suits no one to have racial disharmony let alone racial hatred. This crime will only promote it and destroy any trust that black voters may have had in Trump.

It seems Big Don is a bit of a fool after all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

You can't expect the MAGA Hat Mob to join in but if Trump was worth his salt he'd have jumped on the bandwagon immediately and ordered the arrest of the four cops or at least that of Chauvin.

That would have won him millions of black votes at the next election in November. A quick murder charge will guarantee him winning it. The chance of a lifetime.

But it seems big Don has been caught napping on this occasion.

His busily tweeting furiously mostly lies about nothing, gorging on his Big Mac suppers to actually govern. Obama would have defused this pdq. But there go America is now burning as a result. Thank God I live in the Muslim hordes Europe that are falling into anarchy than the land of the free. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, yogi100 said:

But Trump missed the boat here.

Even conservatives found the murder or killing of Floyd to be be unacceptable and would have expected the POTUS to act immediately by ordering the arrest of the those seen committing the crime.

Had he done so he'd have won over many blacks as well. It suits no one to have racial disharmony let alone racial hatred. This crime will only promote it and destroy any trust that black voters may have had in Trump.

It seems Big Don is a bit of a fool after all.

you, like trump, don't seem to understand the american system of government.  trump, unlike his claims of seeminly unlimited power, does not have the authority to order arrests.  this is a state or local matter until there is cause for the feds to get involved.

the president's role at this point is to express condolences to the family, to call for peaceful demonstrations, to extend support to the mayor or governor if requested, and of course to call for a full and transparent investigation without assigning blame.  a president declaring a man guilty would be interference in the justice system, would prevent a fair trial, and may even be grounds for acquittal.

compare trump's twoots to biden's comments on the situation.  which man is looking more presidential?

This is no time for incendiary tweets. It’s no time to encourage violence,” he said. “We need to stand up as a nation, with the black community, with all minority communities, and come together as one America.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-george-floyd-death-comment/

Edited by ChouDoufu
because.
  • Haha 1

A post in violation of fair use policy and the replies have been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Some off topic posts and replies have been removed.