No confirmation on when international tourists can return to Thailand: PM

webfact

39 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Like i said, they had 1600 cases yesterday. That is a stark difference to your claim they had 10,000 - which is false. They have never had anywhere 10,000 infections a day, which is a gross exaggerated lie. 

As i said the UK has carried out nearly 5 million tests on the population, with them now ramping up to 200,000 a day. Antibody tests rolling out next week. Thailand meanwhile has only carried out 400,000 tests in total, and zero antibody tests. Both similar populations sizes.

The UK rate is also high because of the problems they have had in care homes for the elderly. 

That's why no one can really be sure how many people in Thailand actually had the disease. But it's fair to say it's has not succumbed to the pandemic like many European countries. Be it luck, climate, health of the population (namely weight issues), density of the cities they have done well. 

yep we dont know why, but its more likely good luck than anything top dod with Government policy. Vietnam didn't fully lockdown ...no deaths, similar result in Cambodia. Seems like SE Asia got out of this almost unscathed. But Thailand is determined to make up for that by ruining the economy and many thousands of lives.

53 minutes ago, ThailandGuy said:

But they are planning for Songkran to be held in july? What would happen if massive amounts of (drunk) people would flock together ? Do they expect it will not breakout again?

Per the news reports of the last two weeks, seems that there isn't any Covid 19 in Thailand other than in the recently returned from other countries (and those people are still in quarantine). So, we're safe. Also, per the reports, it didn't really break out her the first time. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ezzra said:

Meaning that the Thai tourism industry will continue to be in the crapper and millions who depends on it for their survival will continue to suffer and lose their life's works and investments witch will take years to recover from, way to go PM...

Or they could open the borders. allow in any tourists, and have the same sort of figures the UK enjoy.

Way to go ezzra!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Or they could open the borders. allow in any tourists, and have the same sort of figures the UK enjoy.

Way to go ezzra!

UK economy is in a lot better shape than Thailand even with 39,000 deaths with/from/suspected covid-19.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very, very bad for a people who have houses and wife's or truthfull girlfriends here. Some people like me need to work in Europe for 3 month period per year in order to maintain qualification and own some pension point.

I lease  a land for 30'years build nice house  got a dogs exclusive parrots fish and much more. Look like my efforts were not 100 procent safe. Stay in Thailand 8 months on multi tourist visa stay in Europe 3-4 months.

What will happen now if they put restrictions that tourists must stay in certain places like phuket Arabi and samui.

The yellow book become useless.  The land on lease and house in issan useless.

Even people who but elite visa will be not much of use tourist must stay in certain places untill vaccine is found????????????

2 minutes ago, Trolleen said:

Very, very bad for a people who have houses and wife's or truthfull girlfriends here. Some people like me need to work in Europe for 3 month period per year in order to maintain qualification and own some pension point.

I lease  a land for 30'years build nice house  got a dogs exclusive parrots fish and much more. Look like my efforts were not 100 procent safe. Stay in Thailand 8 months on multi tourist visa stay in Europe 3-4 months.

What will happen now if they put restrictions that tourists must stay in certain places like phuket Arabi and samui.

The yellow book become useless.  The land on lease and house in issan useless.

Even people who but elite visa will be not much of use tourist must stay in certain places untill vaccine is found????????????

Your wife will enjoy the house without someone to care for.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, YetAnother said:

the departing country isn't arriving, individual people are; do individual testing over there and do testing here; make it painless,free,fast,accurate; problem solved

Why would they do that? That would make Sense ,Not likely to happen. :wai:

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

UK economy is in a lot better shape than Thailand even with 39,000 deaths with/from/suspected covid-19.

It started off better, that's an apples and oranges comparison.

I just spoke to a people I know. He says that government will consider a tourist visa case to case to European people. Take your yellow book with you take your pink card, take a land lease for 30 years, take your prove that you pay for a house. Then you have a chance to come in October, November this year and stay in your house. But nothing sure

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Enzian said:

So I can not leave LOS and go to Europe and/or the US and then return to LOS after 2 to 5 weeks (my frequent pattern) sooner than October at best, which is what I've been expecting.

Yes , I’m in the same boat .. that’s my pattern .. I can’t see Irish being allowed in any earlier that the UK .. we are always lumped into their circumstances and they are quite different . I’m hoping for November but......

Open the borders is not reality. He can say its open but the restrictions in place to get in essentially still has them closed.

No one will fly in for a holiday when they are not sure they will get in and then when they return home they will be quarantined.

2 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

Like i said, they had 1600 cases yesterday. That is a stark difference to your claim they had 10,000 - which is false. They have never had anywhere 10,000 infections a day, which is a gross exaggerated lie. 

As i said the UK has carried out nearly 5 million tests on the population, with them now ramping up to 200,000 a day. Antibody tests rolling out next week. Thailand meanwhile has only carried out 400,000 tests in total, and zero antibody tests. Both similar populations sizes.

The UK rate is also high because of the problems they have had in care homes for the elderly. 

That's why no one can really be sure how many people in Thailand actually had the disease. But it's fair to say it's has not succumbed to the pandemic like many European countries. Be it luck, climate, health of the population (namely weight issues), density of the cities they have done well. 

@AndrewMciverBoris and co admitted in their broadcasted press conference last Thursday that they believe the number of new daily infections to be around 8,000. This is the estimated number if the whole population was tested.

7 hours ago, sukhumvitneon said:

Wanna trade places?  I'm so over living in the US

What, with all the entertainment going on there at present? If you're bored, do a bit of looting, burn a few cars, get arrested, do a teary CNN interview. Hey, that'll keep you busy for a week at least.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, terryofcrete said:

Yes , I’m in the same boat .. that’s my pattern .. I can’t see Irish being allowed in any earlier that the UK .. we are always lumped into their circumstances and they are quite different . I’m hoping for November but......

You're in a boat? Are the ports open? Landing on a deserted beach? Don't forget to do your quarantine under an isolated coconut palm tree.

Edited by umlungu2012

Two things out of reading this column so far.

1. If Songkran does go ahead as stated from 4th to 9th of July, do you think they will open up the Bars before that period? A good guess says no.

2. The biggest industry travel wise when this has finished will be working for Frommers, Lonely Planet and online travel sites. The amount of permanent closures in the first six months of this year, and travel changes will require a fair update to those publications and sites. Google maps already has so many outdated restaurants and bars for CM you can’t trust it for hunting down a new place to eat.

The only way to get the good gos will be from people on the ground. Sites like this will help a lot of people in the near future. Thanks to those that post helpful guides and information in a country that forever changes its policies.

There is no way to test accurately, even departure or arrival here.

I thought you would all know that,

The virus can incubate in the throat or high in the nasal canal for up to 18 hours before being able to

give a positive test.

Before even considering allowing International tourists back in

the country needs to open everything up (yes, including bars & suck it & see !!!

5 hours ago, AndrewMciver said:

25-30% loss of your economy is going to hurt badly. 

Dayam, would be like London or New York closing it financial centres. 

Tests at airports is the simple solution. 

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"