Thai Vietjet offers tickets starting at Bt99

webfact

Thai Vietjet offers tickets starting at Bt99

By THE NATION

800_349e744eb2d58eb.jpg?v=1591235408

Thai Vietjet Air on Wednesday (June 3) launched a special promotion with more than 50,000 tickets priced from just Bt99 (excluding taxes, fees) to fly on selected domestic routes.

“The promotion 'Unlock Sale' is open for booking from June 3-5, with travel period from June 3 to September 30 [excluding national holidays],” the airline said.

The promotional tickets are for the airline’s routes from Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi) to Phuket, Krabi and Udon Thani.

The tickets are available on all distribution channels including www.vietjetair.com, mobile app “Vietjet Air” and via Facebook “VietJetThailand”.

Payment can be made with international debit and credit cards, including Visa/ MasterCard/ AMEX/ JCB/ KCP/Union.

101476862_1718237498314692_8686404642709

In June, Thai Vietjet started returning to the sky for more domestic services. The carrier flies on the domestic network from Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi) to Phuket two flights/day; Krabi one flight/day; Udon Thani two flights/day; Chiang Mai four flights/day; and Chiang Rai two flights/day.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30389025

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-04

Good offers. I will take a look.

Thinking about a few days relax trip Chiang Mai to Phuket before all the "alien" tourist is comming again.

Could be nice to see Phi Phi Island without 1 million chinese.

• Like 2

Just now, finnsk said:

Thinking about a few days relax trip Chiang Mai to Phuket before all the "alien" tourist is comming again.

Did you forget the 14 day quarantine at both ends.

Chiang Mai also appears to require a Thai national to sign for foreigners before they can leave the airport.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Chiang Mai also appears to require a Thai national to sign for foreigners before they can leave the airport.

Yes I forgot, I was dreaming, how it could be, if the domestic flights could work to help the thai tourism industry and my hunger after a quiet beach.

But yes thats only a dream I am afraid.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Does your Gik count for signature?????  ladyboy?  555

Sidenote there is talk about those who fill out name wrong and get billed for change--take note

I just filled out my name as it appears in my Passport....but there are others that got burned

You have to pay attn when buying a tix on vietjet site--they are sneaky with autofill..otherwise is fine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChakaKhan said:

In my exps with them, wait until you get to the FINAL cost.....nickel and dimed..watch for the baggage fee!

Much simpler.

Tried BKK - UTH (Udon Thani) for some June and September dates.

And surprise, surprise: PROMO Sold Out.

A typical decoy for which this company is a leading one.

Then a non promo booking:

340 Baht, oh cheap.

Next step: 628...

Still sounds cheap but I haven't checked what comes after (pay for payment? baggage? seat selection? bla bla bla).

After a mates first hand report of last year I am not keen to try (lost almost a whole day from Phuket to Bangkok, no food, no nothing, no clear communication).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, steven100 said:

well I just had a check on their website and I can't find any 99 baht fare. 

Welcome to the club :biggrin:

To their rehabilitation: they are not the only ones doing such decoy.

Other LCCs (Europe, Germany) also do super promos with one seat per plane or the like.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

In my exps with them, wait until you get to the FINAL cost.....nickel and dimed..watch for the baggage fee!

Not if you take no baggage and are prepared to take any seat....

I had a look and found some 99bt tickets around late July. There is a mystery 'Charge' of 254Bt and tax of 17.71Bt. Total 370.71Bt

15kg luggage - 355Bt extra, 'normal' seat reservation - 50Bt.

Their price is their fare, without taxes, luggage allowance of 0kg and sit where they put you.

Screenshot_20200604_104420.jpeg.1bda6a969aa252b373fd21e694bbdcca.jpeg

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Would be nice if they paid the Passengers they left without flights to Nam in March also, 

76 Days and still waiting for my compensation

7 hours ago, finnsk said:

will have to quarantine in Phuket, same in Krabi, need to go to BKK and asked if it was ok to fly there, they said ok to BKK bu problem coming back Krabi still requires quarantine, does anybody knows it that still true

8 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Welcome to the club :biggrin:

To their rehabilitation: they are not the only ones doing such decoy.

Other LCCs (Europe, Germany) also do super promos with one seat per plane or the like.

At least in Europe, they have to use the price including taxes and unavoidable charges in their ads.  In the case shown in post 13, the advertised price would be 370.71 baht, not 99 baht.

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Would be nice if they paid the Passengers they left without flights to Nam in March also, 

You should get the cost of the flight back, but don't see that the airline is due you compensation.

21 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Much simpler.

Tried BKK - UTH (Udon Thani) for some June and September dates.

And surprise, surprise: PROMO Sold Out.

A typical decoy for which this company is a leading one.

Then a non promo booking:

340 Baht, oh cheap.

Next step: 628...

Still sounds cheap but I haven't checked what comes after (pay for payment? baggage? seat selection? bla bla bla).

After a mates first hand report of last year I am not keen to try (lost almost a whole day from Phuket to Bangkok, no food, no nothing, no clear communication).

yep...bait n switch

16 hours ago, mrfill said:

Not if you take no baggage and are prepared to take any seat....

I had a look and found some 99bt tickets around late July. There is a mystery 'Charge' of 254Bt and tax of 17.71Bt. Total 370.71Bt

15kg luggage - 355Bt extra, 'normal' seat reservation - 50Bt.

Their price is their fare, without taxes, luggage allowance of 0kg and sit where they put you.

Screenshot_20200604_104420.jpeg.1bda6a969aa252b373fd21e694bbdcca.jpeg

correct...hence NOT 99bt  370.71 and how many of us travel with no luggage, as i always do carry on

15 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Their response? Let them eat cake Mr Monster....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, treetops said:

At least in Europe, they have to use the price including taxes and unavoidable charges in their ads.  In the case shown in post 13, the advertised price would be 370.71 baht, not 99 baht.

You should get the cost of the flight back, but don't see that the airline is due you compensation.

Apologies if I have misled anybody.

When I referred to compensation, it was for the cost of my Ticket both ways

Problems booking, changing flight times at the last minute, and now this

I would rather walk. Will never use them again

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

correct...hence NOT 99bt  370.71 and how many of us travel with no luggage, as i always do carry on

You'd get 7kg carry on for no extra charge on that flight.  A 15kg hold bag would be an extra 355 baht.

17 hours ago, treetops said:

You'd get 7kg carry on for no extra charge on that flight.  A 15kg hold bag would be an extra 355 baht.

correct, I always free with carry on backpack--never check bags

I think the issue I have with the VJ site is that it tries to autofill things--bags--insurance--food--taxes

So they lure you with a low fare and then by the end im not too happy about it..bittersweet

And some have posted online about filling out your name and how it appears backwards and confusing,

and ppl having to pay a fee at airport in able to get on the plane..just seems shady practice is all