Pattaya gym pattaya fitness 2020, where do you go ? fatburn fitness jomtien ? aircon gym ?

scoupeo

hi,

i found this gym that seems nice, pattaya fatburn fitness gym, is anybody training there ?

i cannot find if they have full time aircon ?

i saw also fun gym but the location is not good.

any other gym is open now ?

please tell me all ????

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, shdmn said:

The biggest problem is finding a gym that has cool enough aircon.  The 2 I go to, Fun gym in Naklua, and Universe Gym near Big C Extra, don't turn the aircon up nearly enough.  So you still sweat like a pig.  I find that it's usually only the hotel gyms that turn up the aircon enough, but they are usually quite a bit more expensive too.

A-One Hotel gym (Soi 3 N. Pattaya) is nice and cool and fairly reasonably priced as far as hotel gyms go.  They don't do reasonable drop in rates unfortunately.  Only monthly. I think it was around 2000/month last time I checked several months ago.  Small but really clean facility/change rooms and newer well maintained equipment.  Not a lot of free weights as I recall but probably good enough for most people.

it's cool at jomtien gym

• Like 1

On 6/6/2020 at 8:43 AM, scoupeo said:

help please ????

Fun Gym in Naklua is aircon although still a little warm, like most other aircon gyms in Pattaya. It's ok for the price imo.  Equipment is decent.  Try a drop in and see for yourself.  I think it's only 100-150p for a drop in.  It's on the baht bus route.  If you get on a baht bus going to Naklua from Pattaya (ask the driver) then it's only one baht bus otherwise it's two from Pattaya.  Still cheaper than any other aircon gym in Pattaya even after you include an extra 40baht for baht buses.

If it's not too hot of a day I would usually walk one way and that would be my cardio part of the work out. I think it took me about 20 minutes to/from T21 Mall.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ReLo said:

Was the promo only for 5 days really ?

I believe that what they meant was there was only 5 days in the promotion to get a 1 year membership at the reduced rate. After that, the price for a 1 year membership would go back to it's normal rate.

50 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

I can't believe how expensive the gyms are here (and no AC too).   They cost more than my gyms at home in the US which are world class.

My shirts looke like I jumped into a pool by end of 45 minutes here.

That's because the vast majority of Thais don't go to the gym.  Many are too busy just trying to survive.  So gyms gotta make up for that lack of customer base by charging more and they can get away with it because they are catering to a small group of relatively well off foreigners and Thais.

At least that's my theory.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

I believe that what they meant was there was only 5 days in the promotion to get a 1 year membership at the reduced rate. After that, the price for a 1 year membership would go back to it's normal rate.

I remember Tony having sales of lifetime memberships for a short period of time. I also bought one of those after Cal Wow! closed. I did get good use of my Cal Wow! lifetime membership before the head honcho absconded with the money. Nicely done up gyms too.

• Haha 1

I've used 24-7 fitness and universal fitness.  Universal had more equipment and was bigger, but the equipment was ancient.

24-7 first because it was closest at the time.  Universal when covid shut everything down because they opened weeks earlier than 247.

There is Coco fitness here too,  which was smaller, but with the newest equipment.  Also, it was air-conditioned.  I have yet to try it.  

Bears gym seems nice from the pictures in Jomtien.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Who cannot understand this cannot be totally normal ? right ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dart12 said:

I've used 24-7 fitness and universal fitness.  Universal had more equipment and was bigger, but the equipment was ancient.

24-7 first because it was closest at the time.  Universal when covid shut everything down because they opened weeks earlier than 247.

There is Coco fitness here too,  which was smaller, but with the newest equipment.  Also, it was air-conditioned.  I have yet to try it.  

all overpriced !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dart12 said:

I can't believe how expensive the gyms are here (and no AC too).   They cost more than my gyms at home in the US which are world class.

My shirts looke like I jumped into a pool by end of 45 minutes here.

My benz also costs more than back home ! and so ?

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 11:28 PM, ReLo said:

all overpriced !

Assuming we are talking about the place in Avenue Mall it's not called 24-7 fitness.  It's called Fitness7 which is opened 24 hours.  I think CoCo has better AirCon and a great view.

Their drop in rates are a rip off so not great for short term visitors.  If you get monthly and go at least 10x a month it's fairly reasonable.  They way I see it, that gives you incentive to go more often which is a good thing.

Universe Gym has ok drop in rates but it can get pretty warm in there during the day when the sun is out.  Especially out front were all the windows and machines are.  I sweat like a pig in there.  Most of the equipment is quite old but adequate.  

Edited by shdmn
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 11:13 PM, shdmn said:

Assuming we are talking about the place in Avenue Mall it's not called 24-7 fitness.  It's called Fitness7 which is opened 24 hours.  I think CoCo has better AirCon and a great view.

Their drop in rates are a rip off so not great for short term visitors.  If you get monthly and go at least 10x a month it's fairly reasonable.  They way I see it, that gives you incentive to go more often which is a good thing.

Universe Gym has ok drop in rates but it can get pretty warm in there during the day when the sun is out.  Especially out front were all the windows and machines are.  I sweat like a pig in there.  Most of the equipment is quite old but adequate.  

Wrong ! np gym is opened 24 hours in Pattaya now.

Why talking if you know nothing ?

On 10/2/2020 at 8:56 AM, Dart12 said:

how much for coco and 24/7 fitness ?

2 hours ago, samtab said:

how much for coco and 24/7 fitness ?

Fitness 7 lists it on their website.  Once again it is NOT called 24/7 fitness.  It's called Fitness 7

https://fitness7thailand.com/our-branches/pattaya/

Coco isn't listing much of any promotions or pricing on their site right now.  Googling around for recent info it looks like it's around 1600b a month or around 250-300 for drop in.

https://www.fittripper.com/gym/coco-fitness-229

The coco website is acting goofy right now constantly trying to reload the front page.  This is the promotions link

https://cocofitnesspattaya.com/promotions/

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I use Muscle Factory in Pratunmak when i'm in Pattaya.

Best gym i've been to in Thailand in 20 years.

200 baht a day, not sure what the monthly  / annual fees are?

Their website says 220/day, 2600/month and no aircon.  Seems expensive to me for no aircon.  Probably not a convenient location for lots of people.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

Their website says 220/day, 2600/month and no aircon.  Seems expensive to me for no aircon.  Probably not a convenient location for lots of people.

I agree, totally BS gym ! I don't even know how can anybody train there in April and why some people with money are so ridiculous to invest in this ?

5 hours ago, shdmn said:

The location would be inconvienient for many for sure.

With regards to the price, it's a bit more than many places but the amount of eqpt and condition of it all ( not long open ) is excellent. There is 2 monster fans that do an ok job keeping the temp down but i train early so can't comment on how hot it would get as the day warms up.

• Haha 1