Thailand prepares for discreet reopening of tourism industry

rooster59

9 minutes ago, Greg O said:

Be nice to get the people that are still stranded abroad including the expats that have families here back home first. That should be job one ! Instead it's more and more red tape and lip service. Thousands are still stranded in the middle east with low Covid deaths and should be allowed to return poste haste...Instead it's become " how much can you pay"?  being the priority...

Don't know about you but I'd pay just about any price and jump through more hoops than shamu at sea world to get back

Edited by sukhumvitneon
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, gamini said:

I don't like a military government but they've done a good job. I'm glad I don't live in the UK which has the highest number of deaths per capita in the world with a government that's completely bungled everything regarding the pandemic.

North Korea has done a good job as well.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, wombat said:

in the next 14 days we will see if demonstrating gives immunity from covidvirus or not.

It does! 

And not only that, but demonstrating also creates millions of jobs and helps sending the stock market indexes to the Moon. 

Much better than a vaccine, demonstrating is the solution to everything! 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, ChrisBKK2020 said:

The Governor of Tourism Authority of thailand, Yuthasak expected that the first groups of travellers to Thailand would be from the Meetings, Incentive Travel, Conventions, Exhibitions segment and health conscious travellers.

can someone tell where the Governor has this brilliant knowledge from ? Usually the Incentive Travel, Conventions etc are the very last to return in such a crisis. 

i doubt he knows what he is talking about here 

Just listeningto a recorded conference call with management leadership today

Demand is slowly increasing People want to visit relatives and Disneyworld but 

large scale meetings and conventions will be the last thing to recover.

Maybe never without a vaccine. Telework and virtual meetings are the new normal.

Edited by Captain Monday
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

What's pathetic about it?Are you still hiding in your bunker?

Perhaps something for you to listen too, think there are some pictures, so you will be OK.

This Doctor has made quite a few vids on the subject, and would recommend you watch till the end of each. 

Also those who talk about their freedom and masks may learn something....????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

I can show you plenty of doctors saying this is nothing more than a flu and not a concern for majority of population. So?

Typical reply as you haven't watched the videos in that short time, just because it doesn't fit your agenda............ :coffee1:

1 hour ago, connda said:

That is true.  She's solidly a middle class Thai retiree now.  So, her version is probably more in-line with the sentiments of other middle class Thais who don't depend on tourism-centric sources of income. 
If you're to believe the statistics issued by Thai ministries that the unemployment rate is only 10%, then no doubt a lot of those 10% depend on tourism for a living.  However - 90% of Thais do not.

Pre-Covid, about 15% of Thai GDP came from tourism. 

• Thanks 1