Protests worldwide embrace Black Lives Matter movement

rooster59

3 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

But only one culture ended the practice and forced the end of it worldwide. Amazingly, that is the only culture people blame for slavery.

Probably because the others disposed of their slaves. In hindsight, US should've recompd the slaves and shipped them right back.

6 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Probably because the others disposed of their slaves. In hindsight, US should've recompd the slaves and shipped them right back.

Yes, how dare they make white people feel uncomfortable for slavery.

6 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

US should've recompd the slaves and shipped them right back.

I don't know what "recompd " means so perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are saying. But returning slaves that have lived in the US for generations, probably did not even speak the language of the country they were kidnapped from, had no connection to the culture there, owned no property or had any way of earning a living,  probably did not even know what area their ancestors came from, would have being a greater evil than the one when they were kidnapped. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

I don't know what "recompd " means so perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are saying. But returning slaves that have lived in the US for generations, probably did not even speak the language of the country they were kidnapped from, had no connection to the culture there, owned no property or had any way of earning a living,  probably did not even know what area their ancestors came from, would have being a greater evil than the one when they were kidnapped. 

Recompensated was what I meant. Might have been evil, but the current problems would not exist. The other option would have been for the white man to leave and leave the slaves behind. That might happen now if the riots turn into something heavier.

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

Recompensated was what I meant. Might have been evil, but the current problems would not exist. The other option would have been for the white man to leave and leave the slaves behind. That might happen now if the riots turn into something heavier.

Sorry for my misunderstanding. but how does one re-compensate  someone for something like that. You cant return them back to their old lives, their old lives were destroyed. And as I said what do you do with the one's that were born in the US? 

What happened then. happened. We need to move forward. IMO what is happening in the US is Clientelism 

"a social order that depends upon relations of patronage; in particular, a political approach that emphasizes or exploits such relations. "

Those in power do not have any interest of resolving the situation, in fact they actively encourage it , because if they did they would lose the relationship (their clients) ,they have as their base.

On one side are the Democrats as protectors of the supposedly through no fault of their own   disenfranchised back population. On the other side the Republicans who will "wink wink" Make america Great Again. 

And your guys in Europe have no idea what they are talking about when they protest about conditions in the US. I invite any of them to spend one week as a cop in any of these neighborhoods and then come back and we can talk. 

This thing will settle down, Black community leaders will complain why unemployment is higher among their constituents, after they burned down the stores where they worked. And complain why businesses will not locate in their communities. 

This thing is happening with frequent regularity. It started with Rodney King, and  has happened almost every year as long as I can remember.  

And in the mean time as the song goes

"Clowns to the left of me,
Jokers to the right, here I am,
Stuck in the middle with you, "

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

Yeah, but only after taking about 12 million slaves from Africa and transporting them to the Americas under the most horrific circumstances, causing many of them to die on the way, and keeping the system of slavery intact for hundreds of years and making sh*tloads of money off of these slaves and all of their millions of descendants. There was even a civil war fought in the US because many in the south refused to abolish slavery. So if I were you I wouldn't toot my own horn too much.

Willingly  supplied by the locals in those African countries who ended up fighting each other  to  supply  them, yeah dont toot too  much about it though

• Thanks 1

On 6/8/2020 at 7:27 PM, sqwakvfr said:

Grant Napear,  announcer for the NBA’s Sacramento Kings, was asked about the protests by DeMarcus Cousins.  He replied “All Lives Matter”.  He had to resign because he has been accused of being a Closet Racist.  Jacob Fromm, rookie Quarterback for the Buffalo Bills, tweeted in 2019 the following about guns”. Make them so expensive so only Elite White People can buy them”(of course this is stupid). .  This comment has now been classified as Racist and he has been forced to apologize over and over again.  Welcome to the “New Normal”.  

Dreee Brees, Quarterback fo the New Orleans, was asked about the American Flag.  In essence he said he could not stand with anyone who would not stand and respect the flag. Brees and now his wife have been apologizing for the last few days.  

In America’s Pro Sports the option of expressing an opinion is now gone.  Just fall in line and play.

Just who is accusing those guys of being racist, and are they being threatened with sacking if they don't kowtow to the great insanity?

Is the media playing "gotcha" with prominent people and why don't people call those that do it out on it?

I'd like someone to accuse me of being racist so I can tell them to **** off.

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

And your guys in Europe have no idea what they are talking about when they protest about conditions in the US. I invite any of them to spend one week as a cop in any of these neighborhoods and then come back and we can talk. 

Well said. However it's pointless to ask the sort that are out protesting in other countries what they are protesting about as most, IMO, are just out because it's the chance to imagine they are important and the opportunity for a bit of aggro. I very much doubt they actually care about a man they never met and know little about. In their own countries there will be many examples of terrible things going on that they completely ignore.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sirineou said:

Was not Liberia 'set up' as a 'place to go back to' for blacks from US ?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, rvaviator said:
7 hours ago, sirineou said:

Was not Liberia 'set up' as a 'place to go back to' for blacks from US ?

Yes that was one scheme. but that was not repatriation since most  were not from there, it was exile IMO. I don't have an opinion on the Liberia thing since I don't know enough, but obviously it did not work. 

I am of the opinion "you brake it, you buy it" but before we can do that we need to decide on what is broken.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

No surprise to me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

He was a 75 year old man, who shuffled at them at snail- pace!

In your reality, he was a 24 year old ANTIFA- operative in an old mans- costume?

How much more vile can you get?

Uneblievable!

Who actually claimed that he was a 24 year old ?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Saint Nick said:

Seriously?

Do you believe everything, that is thrown at you, to help you defend the indefensable?

The Conservative Treehouse?

Why not quote Alex Jones or Der Stuermer?

In your reality, he was a 24 year old ANTIFA- operative in an old mans- costume?

Uneblievable!

I think your stance on stuff is unbelievable.......????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Saint Nick said:

He was pushed to the ground, in the video you can hear his skull hitting the road, he started bleeding from his ear immediately and is still in the ICU, days after he was pushed!

Yup...seems like a very cunning plan to me!

But Trump said, he was falling harder, than he was pushed!

What the hell does that even mean?

How do you "fall harder"?

And the batcrapcrazy report was on OANN...'nuf said, really!

Don't think you have watched the right video......????

Please read the injured blokes history too...

2 hours ago, Saint Nick said:

Seriously?

Do you believe everything, that is thrown at you, to help you defend the indefensable?

The Conservative Treehouse?

Why not quote Alex Jones or Der Stuermer?

Uneblievable!

How about attacking the content rather than the platform, and taking time to consider why nothing that goes against the grain @ MSM ever seems to get published there?

(It took me a while to get used to it too but i'm pleased to have got the hang of it these days. HTH)

Edited by evadgib

1 hour ago, Saint Nick said:

He was pushed to the ground, in the video you can hear his skull hitting the road, he started bleeding from his ear immediately and is still in the ICU, days after he was pushed!

Yup...seems like a very cunning plan to me!

But Trump said, he was falling harder, than he was pushed!

What the hell does that even mean?

How do you "fall harder"?

And the batcrapcrazy report was on OANN...'nuf said, really!

I'll bet you if blm had given the old man a little push we wouldn't be having this discussion. Maybe there should be an age limit for protestors so they don't get hurt.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Just a wee prompt back into the reality based universe for you.

It was a cop who pushed the guy over and it was cops who left him bleeding on the floor, BLM had no part in the assault.

This time read s l o w l y. 

I'll bet you if blm had given the old man a little push we wouldn't be having this discussion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Being the professional provocateur, the old antifa agent,

There is no evidence whatsoever the protester was a member of Antifa. However, yet again trump indulged in one of his favourite occupations, promoting far right misinformation conspiracy theories by retweeting their content. trump is a disgrace for the majority of the American people. trump has proven multiple times he is unfit to represent the Office of the President of the USA.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, simple1 said:

There is no evidence whatsoever the protester was a member of Antifa. However, yet again trump indulged in one of his favourite occupations, promoting far right misinformation conspiracy theories by retweeting their content. trump is a disgrace for the majority of the American people. trump has proven multiple times he is unfit to represent the Office of the President of the USA.

This old man thing looked so staged. I wonder why someone was taping this old man as he was walking. Am I the only one who thinks this? Watch as he approaches the cops grabbing at their belts and one at his gun. He was asking for a response, as stated before he hit his head harder than anticipated. Good job old man.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1