Protests worldwide embrace Black Lives Matter movement

rooster59

22 hours ago, transam said:

Don't think you have watched the right video......????

Please read the injured blokes history too...

Here we go again!

What does the fact, that he was a peace- activist (or whatever else) has to do with the fact, that he was almost killed by the police?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

This old man thing looked so staged. I wonder why someone was taping this old man as he was walking. Am I the only one who thinks this? Watch as he approaches the cops grabbing at their belts and one at his gun. He was asking for a response, as stated before he hit his head harder than anticipated. Good job old man.

No, you are not the only one, thinking that!

A bunch of other loony right wingers and conspiracy- theorists believe it too!

I refer you to many-aposts above yours!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

Here we go again!

What does the fact, that he was a peace- activist (or whatever else) has to do with the fact, that he was almost killed by the police?

So you never watched the video.........????

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Barmbeker said:

Here we go again!

Could be that the guy was deliberately trying to confront the Police with the intention of becoming a victim of police brutality , *taking one for the team* as Brits say .

He had been earlier seen trying to provoke the Police  and to cause unrest .

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Could be that the guy was deliberately trying to confront the Police with the intention of becoming a victim of police brutality , *taking one for the team* as Brits say .

He had been earlier seen trying to provoke the Police  and to cause unrest .

OK...first...

"He had been earlier seen trying to provoke the Police  and to cause unrest ."

I bet there are hours of video about that, right?!

Otherwise: how would you know?

By someone in your echo chamber telling you about it?

So please show me somethning...ANYTHING to support this claim!

Secondf: "...could be..."? 

Really? That is all you got?

I guess, his plan went really well then?!

A bit too well, since he is now in the ICU , in critical condition!

And third: <deleted> he is a 5 year old dude!

If any police- officer is not able to cope with the "threat" of a senior- citizen, then maybe, he should try to get a job as a security guard in a parking lot!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, The Barmbeker said:

OK...first...

"He had been earlier seen trying to provoke the Police  and to cause unrest ."

I bet there are hours of video about that, right?!

Otherwise: how would you know?

By someone in your echo chamber telling you about it?

So please show me somethning...ANYTHING to support this claim!

Yes, he is a well known ant theether activist and anti police , there is a video  of him hanging about the area in the daytime troublemaking. 

There is a video doing the rounds of him in action , but I dont have a link to it 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Media were doing their job filming police response, no need for the conspiracy allegation. The 75 year old did not reach for the police officer's gun. "Hit his head harder than anticipated" where do you source this nonsense?

They were filming the old man, he invaded the police officers space. The push was intended to move old man on his way. It looked staged like old man was anticipating some sort of reaction.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A d when he was clearly seriously injured with blood pouring out of his ear, was the Police indifference to his need for urgent medical attention staged?

Away with you and your conspiracy nonsense.

I only know what I heard on the news, and it was explained Police protocol is for front line to not stop, there were people assigned in the rear for such events as old man.

On 6/11/2020 at 11:12 AM, The Barmbeker said:

If any police- officer is not able to cope with the "threat" of a senior- citizen, then maybe, he should try to get a job as a security guard in a parking lot!

I agree with the general sentiments of your post (and most other comments), but I  strongly disagree with this. I learned a long time ago, never to underestimate anyone, not "kids" and certainly not elderly men.

They might not be as fast as they once were, they might not have the endurance for prolonged fighting, but strenght is usually the last thing to go. Plenty of old men still strong enough to knock people out, or wrestle a weapon from someone. I can show you videos of a 60+ year old ex boxer (not a champ, just amateur) knocking out 4 or 5 young men starting <deleted> with him, and stuff like that. Of course not every old man is an ex boxer, but you never know. Some people have ridiculous punching power, even though they never trained. Same with some kids (especially those, who are already big in their early teens), ie Mike Tyson as a 12 year old (with 0 training at that point) was knocking out grown men with single punches, when robbing them (he also knocked over old ladies and stole their handbags...), because he weighed 200 lbs already (something just over 14 stone, if I remember the conversion correctly).

Not everybody can box like him, but there are plenty of guys out there (even skinny/lanky ones), who can hit hard.

That's why I also say, people shouldn't judge police shootings based on the "victim's" age. Ie Tamir Rice, who was really young (12 or younger, can't remember right now). However he did point a gun (toy gun, but looked real from a distance) at the police, and was shot when he didn't drop it after ordered to do so.

You might think "oh but where would such a young kid get a gun from". Which is why I keep telling people, their own country and their own country's police are nothing like policing in the US. He could have stolen it from his parents (which is on them, as they're responsible for stowing it safely), or - and in an area such as Tamir Rice's far more likely - he was given it by a gang member. Gang members in high crime areas often use kids as young as Tamir (some even younger) to hold drugs and guns for them, as they will receive far lower sentencing.

On 6/10/2020 at 11:53 PM, EVENKEEL said:

This old man thing looked so staged. I wonder why someone was taping this old man as he was walking. Am I the only one who thinks this? Watch as he approaches the cops grabbing at their belts and one at his gun. He was asking for a response, as stated before he hit his head harder than anticipated. Good job old man.

I think he "helped" himself fall, the whole thing looks hoakie. The cop was carrying the baton at waist level and this position and the very slight motion he exerted and very close proximity seems unlikely to cause this gezzer to "two-step" backwards in that fashion.

However, bleeding out of the ear may indicate a cracked head I believe. Notice how he was waving his mobile device near the cops radios, up to no good!

• Sad 1

I'm not black. Difficult enough getting along as a working class, half-Irish, white guy. Not my fight, good luck to them though. Why people, usually white middle class snowflakes, feel obliged to adopt this fight that has nothing to do with them is beyond me.

it's down to who brings down whos statues first! 

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting, shoes and outdoor

When will this racism stop???
 - here is a pic of a unarmed black man being beaten by a white cop,
 - while another white cop looks on,
 - making no attempt to intervene.