Only after another 14 days without domestic Covid-19 cases can Thailand 'consider itself safe

webfact

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Panrapa added that even though the country has not found any domestic cases for 13 days, people still have to act responsibly and follow disease prevention and control measures, wear a face mask, keep a distance, wash hands, and avoid going to crowded places.

Come to my local area and teach them to do it, as at the moment you'd think Corvid never happened if you went outside.

• Like 1

That, of course, can be pushed out indefinitely.

In the meantime at the Anutin Seaside Lunch Entourage:

"Can you pass the naam plaa?"
"Just reach over on dip it in the bowl we're all eating out of.  Easy!"

AnutinSpecial.jpg.b4430f7ef6cda89cf364fc120b95b3db.jpg

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Come to my local area and teach them to do it, as at the moment you'd think Corvid never happened if you went outside.

That's because they don't learn basic physics at school, if you reduce the speed of your breath coming out - spread of droplets must reduce.

• Like 1

I don,t know if true no more cases,did they lie.who will ever know. but if they have a clear agenda they have done better than other countries.Europe the amercian side sth amercia are in still in lockdown and have cases.so i would give a tick to thailand if what they say is true

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

As it is up and down the 40 km long valley I live in.  And yet - villagers are not keeling over left and right and dying of the "Highly Contagious And Fatal Covid-19". 

Perhaps we'll see if manifest at the top first?  Like with all the ministers and officials at the top - world-wide - who publicly ignore "The Rules?" No mask or social distancing.  No lock downs or restrictions on movement.  Or they already know that it's all malarkey and they can't be bothered following "The Rules" they are demanding the plebs to follow?  There definitely is no fear of Covid-19 at the top.

"But you wait.  Just you wait.  Second Wave!  The Second Wave will get you all.  Muuuhhhhaaaa!  Game Over, Man!"

Yeah - whatever.  I'm much more worried about traffic fatalities and dengue. 
Coronavirus?  SARS-Cov-2? Covid-19?  BOO!

"Aghhhhh!!"

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

I don,t know if true no more cases,did they lie.who will ever know. but if they have a clear agenda they have done better than other countries.Europe the amercian side sth amercia are in still in lockdown and have cases.so i would give a tick to thailand if what they say is true

Europe is not in lockdown at all, actually there are less restrictions than in Thailand.

Edited by Anton9
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JCP108 said:

What does "low risk virus period" mean?

0-14 days initial incubation period=high risk... because symptoms usually manifest within this time frame.

15-28 days period is lower risk if no symptoms are apparent during the high risk days.. and continue to not develop.

After 28 days one would assume no virus exists.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

Said it before and will repeat

The general public will adhere to social rules and restrictions if they make sense, none of this is making sense now, out and about in pattaya and it is obvious people are fed up with this especially at night  

Ridiculous really. 

Being 'fed up" means your're immune! Sure right, if you say so.

But what happens when they let tourists in without quarantine. I haven't seen data, but I doubt that most tourists come for so long that 2 weeks in quarantine is not a problem to them. When and how are they going to take that risk?

Given the negative attitude to foreigners espoused by folk like Anutin who basically blamed coronavirus on farangs, it is difficult for me to see how a person with the usual two or three week vacation can come here.

I saw the data today in a newspaper I cannot name which showed that under 5% of total Thai infections were in foreigners or caused by contact with foreigners. Given the large number of Chinese and Indians who now visit, I would imagine (it is not broken out by ethnicity), that under half ie 2.5% were in farangs who came here infected, spread it, or picked it up here.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mattd said:

Noooooooooooo, surely the government is wrong here, they must impose at least 5 years more of the 'new normal' no bars, no alcohol in restaurants, no sitting on the same table as your family, social distancing, no gatherings over 1, in fact, to show the government is in control, it is essential that the normal population must have no enjoyment whatsoever............ 

You talking about Saudi Arabia here?

3 hours ago, phkauf said:

Instead of hiring infectious disease experts or epidemiologists, Thailand hires a former Beauty Queen and owner of a beauty clinic to as the Deputy Head of this crisis. Pretty much says all you need to know about this government.

Are u serious?  At least a bit of eye candy at the press conferences.....

This will be remembered as the biggest overreaction and madness in modern history.

Today 7 new cases in quarantine ALL asymptomatic, what a deadly virus lol

3100 cases, 58 deaths what a joke

Edited by Anton9
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Iforbach said:

For one I think they done a good job and can hang in there for bars too open although still get a bevvi   

That's an embarrassing 'post'!  I haven't a clue what it means!  

NB: he's not English (thank God -- as that would be even more embarrassing!  A good guess is that he is a drunk Welsh idiot from his name.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand has had 13 days without any Covid-19 case and can consider itself safe if the trend continues for another 14 days, Dr Panprapa Yongtrakul, deputy spokeswoman of the government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said on Sunday (June 7)

Although the number of new cases (reported) is very low, according to the figures on Worldometers.info there have not been 13 days without any new cases. On the very day that this woman was talking Thailand reported 7 new cases.

• Confused 1

Morons.

What happens when they get a few imported cases. Because that is going to happen.

Are they going to go into lockdown and curfew for a month every time that happens?

Morons.

• Confused 1