i need your help.... my notebook has gone crazy.

Jessi

My lenovo notebook has gone crazy AND NOW ITS SENDING ME CRAZY.

its a lenovo 330S bought new 9 months ago on windows 10.

if i go to a search box or sign in anywhere the q key just keep running like this 

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

when i push the q key it wont work.

i have re installed windows 10 and now have another problem with the sound.

at first i thought it might be caused by a virus or other little nasty. i have run several anti virus

through the machine, eg; avast, bitdefender, kaspersky, malawarebytes, spybot, nothing seems to fix the problem.

can any member please give me some advice on what to do for these 2 problems??

many thanks in advance from a desperate computer novice.

• Haha 1

Probably just a physically stuck or shorted key. I spilled a tiny bit of coffee on my laptop once and it went nuts before drying out on its own.

I would suggest go to a shop in Pantip or Fortune Town and tell them your problem. I wouldn't fool around with a laptop unless you know what you're doing.

Btw, if it were a serious problem the machine wouldn't misbehave, it would simple not boot or show a dead screen. So just chill and take it to a shop.

• Like 2

About 6 months ago, I had exactly the same problem albeit a different key.

Bought a new keyboard from ebay, replaced and now no further problems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

TRY TO do a restore computer to an earlier setting providing you have saved restore points...failing that a full reformat of the computer will get rid of all your demons...

doing a full reformat might be a bit much as i am computer stupid, thank you for your help.

1 hour ago, Why Me said:

Probably just a physically stuck or shorted key. I spilled a tiny bit of coffee on my laptop once and it went nuts before drying out on its own.

I would suggest go to a shop in Pantip or Fortune Town and tell them your problem. I wouldn't fool around with a laptop unless you know what you're doing.

Btw, if it were a serious problem the machine wouldn't misbehave, it would simple not boot or show a dead screen. So just chill and take it to a shop.

thank you for your advice. i have a small computer shop near where i live, i might try them.

nothing has been spilled on the computer.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You should have warranty on a 9 months old computer. Let the manufacturer fix it.

In the meantime connect an external keyboard and maybe disable the built in keyboard in the device manager.

If you connect a second keyboard you should see the both in the device manager in the keyboard section. Disable the internal one. This shows a keyboard but you won't have the same one.

DeviceManager.png.2b74dc0ee6a925e8118ac03e76005f82.png

thank you for your advice. it should still be under warranty but i bought it on lazada and that seller is no longer around. lazada service is a long way from where i live. 

1 hour ago, rvaviator said:

If everything is fine .. until you start to type .. then sounds like a stuck key ... If you carefully press one key at the time ... then you should be able to see which key that 'stick' .. could be dirt under the key ....

no it just starts up on its own without touching any key.

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You should have warranty on a 9 months old computer. Let the manufacturer fix it.

In the meantime connect an external keyboard and maybe disable the built in keyboard in the device manager.

If you connect a second keyboard you should see the both in the device manager in the keyboard section. Disable the internal one. This shows a keyboard but you won't have the same one.

DeviceManager.png.2b74dc0ee6a925e8118ac03e76005f82.png

Seems the way to go.....................

• Thanks 1

How does the "Q" key "feel" compared to the rest?  Is is level with them? Does it feel natural when you try to press it?

Since you have already reinstalled Windows, it's almost certainly hardware related - maybe something as simple as a piece of debris stuck under the key.  This could be pressing the actual "switch" or pad on the membrane,  Best to take it to a shop if you're not confident.  You can prove this by following OneMoreFarang's advice.

As for your sound issue, since you've reinstalled, that's probably a driver issue.  Get the driver from the laptop website.

33 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Install LINUX---you will NEVER look back--many varieties.....can make it look just like Windows

Only better. And free..open source  Plenty on youtube to see also Ubuntu OS

Its an obvious hardware fault, how can a new operating system help ?????

47 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

As an old people watcher these days, i note they bring great sadness to the users.. "You know anything about these things" echoes round Starbucks most days. They remind me of BMW, once they go wrong dump em.

Rather than dumping old people you should just dump the creepy watching thing!

When is starts with the  qqq thump or very sharp tap on the q key and see if it stops.....

works on mine appears keys get a bit stuck sometimes and a sharp tap releases it. 

• Like 1

Several Lenovo service centers around.  In Bangkok I know of at least 2 and have used one to repair my cracked ThinkPad screen from it accidently getting smacked by a kids tow that was thrown into my office.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Just a suggestion as sooner or later will be more than that if its windows os

Been running windows for ages never a problem. I guess when you actually pay for software instead of using a pirated version it stays good. Windows 10 is a huge improvements over all previous systems. 

Can only say as a windows user from 3.1 to now windows 10 it only got better and better.

I tried linux not that good if you run a business and worry about comparability. (also for VR and games not that good)