Mark Wahlberg's hate crimes history resurfaces after Black Lives Matter post

snoop1130

Mark Wahlberg's hate crimes history resurfaces after Black Lives Matter post

By Roisin O'Connor

rexfeatures_9786782m.jpg

Image: Google

Mark Wahlberg has been accused of hypocrisy after a post about George Floyd caused the resurfacing of his history of hate crimes.

The Hollywood actor was responsible for a number of racially motivated attacks as a teenager in Boston during the Eighties.

In 1986, he was among a group of white teenagers who began hurling rocks and shouting “kill the n****s” at a group of mostly black students, until an ambulance driver intervened. The incident resulted in Wahlberg and two of his friend being issued a civil rights injunction.

Full Story: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/mark-wahlberg-racist-hate-crimes-wikipedia-george-floyd-protests-a9553911.html

3 minutes ago, Enoon said:

15 years old during his '86 attacks.

17 years old and "out of it" on PCP in '88 when:

"Wahlberg believed he had left the second victim (named Johnny Trinh) permanently blind in one eye, though Trinh stated that he had lost his eye in the Vietnam War, while serving in the South Vietnamese Army, alongside American troops."

'92:

How things change, Wahlberg gets into trouble when he and a black man beat up a white man who "racially slurred" the black man!

Mark Wahlberg - Wikipedia

4.1 Racial incidents

How dare you spoil his outrage. ????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

You sure are doing a good job of defending the racists with your posts here.

I don't see  his comment as defending a wrongful act. What Wahlberg did was  wrong. However, he came from a very white trash  upbringing in a  heavily segregated city. He said what he was taught to do. When Mark grew up and started performing he came into contact with afro americans. His attitude started changing at that time. If a kid is taught hate, and sees only hate from a young age, how do you think he would turn out?  He's a devout Roman catholic going to mass almost daily.. Consider the impact of such a religious position on a  young kid. He confessed to a priest and all was forgiven in his world.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Logosone said:

Wrong!

Wahlberg fractured the skull of innocent people, he attacked a Vietnamese man. 

He was a violent thug, a racist and he hated both blacks and Asians.

Wahlberg has a clear pattern of racial violence, not just abuse. It's remarkable a thug like this is on TV screens, particularly as he's an allround dislikeable hypocrite.

OK, maybe he did but that was a long time ago, he was 16 for christ sake and if I remember correctly he did time for his crime. We've all done things in our life that we're not proud of but one would hope that we've learnt from our misdemeanors and become better people for it. Isn't that what life is about?

Edited by Chelseafan
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

OK, maybe he did but that was a long time ago, he was 16 for christ sake and if I remember correctly he did time for his crime. We've all done things in our life that we're not proud of but one would hope that we've learnt from our misdemeanors and become better people for it. Isn't that what life is about?

Mark Walhberg's former bodyguard has revealed that he does not believe the star deserves a pardon for the violent assaults he committed in 1988. 

Leonard Taylor, who worked as an unpaid bodyguard for Wahlberg for three and a half years, said that he does not believe the actor has changed his ways, but 'he just has money now where he can cover it up'.

Documents included in his pardon request show he called the Vietnamese immigrant a 'Vietnam f***ing s***' before striking him so hard that the stick broke in two and knocked Lam unconscious, according to the documents shared by The Smoking Gun.

Authorities wrote that he also made 'numerous unsolicited racial statements about 'gooks' and "slant-eyed gooks".'

Other documents show that, in an earlier attack in Dorchester, he and two friends saw a group of black siblings and chased them. 

'We don't like black n****** in the area so get the f*** away from the area,' the boys shouted at the group, according to the documents.

They then chased the boys, shouting: 'Kill the n*****, kill the n*****'.

The following day, the group encountered one of the boys again and threw rocks at him. One of the rocks thrown by Wahlberg and one of his friends hit a nearby girl.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2877186/Mark-Wahlberg-s-former-bodyguard-says-star-NOT-pardoned-viciously-beating-Vietnamese-man-26-years-ago.html

Wahlberg is a pimple on humanity. Disgusting human being.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

You sure are doing a good job of defending the racists with your posts here.

Grow  up, stop trying to lay krap on me. you have no idea  what Im like, I could be out in the Indian slums  giving  blood for all you  know, go persecute someone else.

7 minutes ago, ToThailand said:

Omb its 34 dang years ago, more then possible that he grew up and changed since then. People today are really insane bring up something that happen over 3 decades ago ????‍♂️

Those who can read have a distinct advantage. Wahlberg's own bodyguard said he has not changed in his attitude to Asians and Blacks.

"Mark Walhberg's former bodyguard has revealed that he does not believe the star deserves a pardon for the violent assaults he committed in 1988. 

Leonard Taylor, who worked as an unpaid bodyguard for Wahlberg for three and a half years, said that he does not believe the actor has changed his ways, but 'he just has money now where he can cover it up'."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2877186/Mark-Wahlberg-s-former-bodyguard-says-star-NOT-pardoned-viciously-beating-Vietnamese-man-26-years-ago.html

7 hours ago, Psimbo said:

When I reflect back on stuff I did as a kid I'm sure someone could take offence (I would point out that I have never battered someone of any other race though!). What seemed right or wrong at the time is not necessarily right or wrong now.

battering a humans head at any time in our history has been considered wrong no ?  

8 minutes ago, bodga said:

You dont know who you are as a teenager, Heck I dont even know who I am now in my 50's

yes but i did know that smashing someone's head in was not right. can we agree on that ?