Just give it 2 to 3 weeks

swissie

45 minutes ago, chessman said:

Anecdotes from friends is one thing, comparative death data is another. A lot more people are dying in 2020 in the UK than usual. Much more than reported COVID deaths.

if deaths from other causes were being included in COVID stats then all-cause mortality wouldn’t have increased by so much.

The evidence is very clear on this matter, deaths are almost certainly being undercounted.

But you could also say that the impact of lockdown has caused more deaths than usual. Suicides, people staying away from GPs and hospitals with serious but treatable conditions etc. So the total death rate may be higher for lots of other reasons.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

But you could also say that the impact of lockdown has caused more deaths than usual. Suicides, people staying away from GPs and hospitals with serious but treatable conditions etc. So the total death rate may be higher for lots of other reasons.  

There are lots of variables here and the things you mention will have an impact but if you think the majority of the excess deaths in the UK aren’t attributable to COVID then you’re kidding yourself.

2 hours ago, chessman said:

There are lots of variables here and the things you mention will have an impact but if you think the majority of the excess deaths in the UK aren’t attributable to COVID then you’re kidding yourself.

I'm not kidding myself. I'm recognising that there are multiple factors and that it would be foolish to make assumptions at this stage. You clearly feel comfortable making assumptions. That's your choice. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shdmn said:

There is ALWAYS a 2nd wave.  I don't know why people are talking about it like it's some dire prediction that nobody is sure about.

There are many reasons to believe we had a first wave of infection late last year.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I'm not kidding myself. I'm recognising that there are multiple factors and that it would be foolish to make assumptions at this stage. You clearly feel comfortable making assumptions. That's your choice. 

This is akin to saying you shouldn’t make assumptions about getting wet if you go for a walk on a rainy day without an umbrella. 

The current numbers (the huge jumps in all-cause mortality) all suggest strongly that deaths are being undercounted.

History (Attributable virus deaths are always increased by analysis of mortality data) strongly suggests deaths are being undercounted. 

13 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Professor Karol Sikora, the Founding Dean and Professor of Medicine at the University of Buckingham Medical School and an ex-director of the WHO Cancer Programme, expects 50000 additional cancer deaths for the UK alone, due to checkups and treatments skipped during the lockdowns. (Source: The Professor Karol Sikora interview from May 18 by Unherd.com on Unherd.com’s youtube channel and website.)

15 hours ago, VBF said:

Disagree..... If you'd caught CV but did NOT have the heart condition you (probably) wouldn't have died from the CV alone.

So one still cannot state definitely which killed you, or was it both together?

If he didnt have covid he would be alive. So it is correct to count it.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 6:29 AM, tribalfusion001 said:

How can santa social distance? He has to visit a home for every child in the world and could spread the virus to all of them.

yep, an old white guy that spends his time secretly entering children's bedrooms in the middle of the night, with the agreement of parents?  Nothing wrong in that symbology at all.  Why to go in teaching your kids to be careful.