Just give it 2 to 3 weeks

swissie

1 hour ago, bartender100 said:

Totally agree, in London they have been packing onto the tube everyday big time and no spike, if there is not one after the tens of thousands demonstrating in London then by Christmas back to normal,

"Back to normal" would mean a second "Lockdown" by Christmas??? Heaven help us. Correction: Don't help us, help the Economy!

2 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Not sure what normal will be by Christmas, statueless cities and gender neutral santa lol

jokes aside, it'll be renamed winter holidays

santa won't be allowed on any form of product or advertising, but that might take another year

1 minute ago, cyril sneer said:

santa won't be allowed on any form of product or advertising, but that might take another year

How can santa social distance? He has to visit a home for every child in the world and could spread the virus to all of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

It's been called winter holidays for at least 20 years already by councilors and MPs etc

27 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

How can santa social distance? He has to visit a home for every child in the world and could spread the virus to all of them.

and how can he wear a mask with that huge white beard   ?

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:
31 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

and how can he wear a mask with that huge white beard   ?

what about inter provincial travel ? will he need to get insurance ? that's an awful lot of thai chana scans in and out's.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

It is quit possible that the virus has mutated to a less virulent  strain or that many have had it asymptomatic and have developed an immunity.  Let's hope. 

Mutating to non-lethal doesn't happen that quickly.  I think it was the WHO that said recently that mutations are not a factor in either the infection or mortality rate.

We’re seeing a resurgence of it in the US in places like Florida and Texas. Given all the protests across the UK and the easing of the lockdown I wouldn’t be surprised to see a resurgence, but as vulnerable people are washing hands, avoiding crowds, and generally taking it seriously the actual impact may be lower ... with each resurgence lower until it eventually fizzles out in 2021. 

6 hours ago, AlexRich said:

We’re seeing a resurgence of it in the US in places like Florida and Texas. Given all the protests across the UK and the easing of the lockdown I wouldn’t be surprised to see a resurgence, but as vulnerable people are washing hands, avoiding crowds, and generally taking it seriously the actual impact may be lower ... with each resurgence lower until it eventually fizzles out in 2021. 

US looks to be in a steady state lately, neither increasing overall nor decreasing.  Which would mean 800 to 1000 deaths per day is the new normal.

image.png.0da133c5a775f364934e0836c09ca07c.png

1 minute ago, kingdong said:

Britain has a strange way of compiling the corona body count,it would appear any death from heart conditions terminal cancer etc should the deceased happen to have corona,that is put down as cause of death.

I can confirm that personally with the loss of a family member and THEIR 'BS' regarding death cert.

Which was strongly objected too and actual cause of death being written not all other associated!!

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 7:55 AM, cmarshall said:

I think it was the WHO that said recently that mutations are not a factor in either the infection or mortality rate.

WHO so it must be true. :post-4641-1156694572: Same WHO, who have just said masks are good after saying they were no good for months. :whistling:

11 hours ago, kingdong said:

Britain has a strange way of compiling the corona body count,it would appear any death from heart conditions terminal cancer etc should the deceased happen to have corona,that is put down as cause of death.

I have a heart condition, under normal circumstances, I can live a long and productive life. If I get the virus i could die, Didn;t then the virus kill me? Same for someone who has cancer etc, with treatments there is a good chance of survival, If such cancer patient get's the virus and dies, Didnt the virus kill him, if he would otherwise had lived? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, kingdong said:

This is almost certainly a myth.

you can analyse comparative death data, 2020 compared with an average of previous years.  The UK have around 42,000 reported COVID deaths but more than 60,000 more deaths in the last few months than what would be expected.

the death count in the UK (and many other countries too) is being undercounted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, kingdong said:

i have a friend who works in the NHS, it seem the uk hs been a little over enthusiastic about the covid related death numbers, even if the was the slightest chance it could have been covid it goes down as covid, even when it is highly likely that covid wasn't the actual cause of death. every country has their own way of counting numbers, i'd suggest thailand had the opposite approach. this is why it's extremely difficult to compare stata from different countries.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, sirineou said:

I have a heart condition, under normal circumstances, I can live a long and productive life. If I get the virus i could die, Didn;t then the virus kill me? Same for someone who has cancer etc, with treatments there is a good chance of survival, If such cancer patient get's the virus and dies, Didnt the virus kill him, if he would otherwise had lived? 

You could argue that the other way:

No, your heart condition killed you, it was exacerbated by CV19 in the same way as it might have been exacerbated by (extreme case) an electric shock.

The virus or shock may not have killed a healthy person but did kill one with a pre-existing condition - which was the root cause of death.

I've been saying for a long time that the distinction between dying OF CV19 and dying WITH CV19 is far too blurry.

UPDATE This is also relevant to your comment @samsensam

Edited by VBF
Update
  • Like 1

There is ALWAYS a 2nd wave.  I don't know why people are talking about it like it's some dire prediction that nobody is sure about.  It's an absolute certainty and already happening in some places.  Probably never ending waves until it just because part of flu season but they will gradually become less of a news story as herd immunity takes hold.

Edited by shdmn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, VBF said:

You could argue that the other way:

No, your heart condition killed you, it was exacerbated by CV19 in the same way as it might have been exacerbated by (extreme case) an electric shock.

The virus or shock may not have killed a healthy person but did kill one with a pre-existing condition - which was the root cause of death.

I've been saying for a long time that the distinction between dying OF CV19 and dying WITH CV19 is far too blurry.

UPDATE This is also relevant to your comment @samsensam

But if it was not for the virus I would not have died. It was not my heart condition that killed me, it was the virus. It is really a very simple proposition that does not merit argument IMO .

35 minutes ago, samsensam said:

i have a friend who works in the NHS, it seem the uk hs been a little over enthusiastic about the covid related death numbers, even if the was the slightest chance it could have been covid it goes down as covid, even when it is highly likely that covid wasn't the actual cause of death.

Anecdotes from friends is one thing, comparative death data is another. A lot more people are dying in 2020 in the UK than usual. Much more than reported COVID deaths.

if deaths from other causes were being included in COVID stats then all-cause mortality wouldn’t have increased by so much.

The evidence is very clear on this matter, deaths are almost certainly being undercounted.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sirineou said:

But if it was not for the virus I would not have died. It was not my heart condition that killed me, it was the virus. It is really a very simple proposition that does not merit argument IMO .

Disagree..... If you'd caught CV but did NOT have the heart condition you (probably) wouldn't have died from the CV alone.

So one still cannot state definitely which killed you, or was it both together?