Transgender students officially recognized at Thammasat U.

webfact

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah sure the tried and true some of my best friends are defense. 

Not very convincing. 

So are these "relatives" aware that you post anti gay pride posts on forums? 

they would not care or go on one of those silly parades

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

No, we must make sure it doesn't happen again.  And remember homosexuals were in there with them. 

And gypsies, so the next time anyone goes on a rant about pikeys, remember this. They're pretty awful, incredibly awful, but in the concentration camps, well, they remained awful. 

9 minutes ago, nausea said:

And gypsies, so the next time anyone goes on a rant about pikeys, remember this. They're pretty awful, incredibly awful, but in the concentration camps, well, they remained awful. 

I'm sorry, could you rephrase that because I don't have a clue what point your trying to make, nausea

4 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

I'm sorry, could you rephrase that because I don't have a clue what point your trying to make, nausea

I had to look up Pikeys. It's a UK slur word for the travelers ethnic group. Travelers are not the same thing as European Roma people also referred to as gypsies. Yes, Roma people were also victims of genocide in the holocaust but the Nazis were particularly obsessed with exterminating Jews 

12 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

my grandparents were murdered by the German nazis in a concentration camp because they were Jews ,it happened ,its history ,learn from it . but thats it ,

I find is hard to believe your 2 gay cousins , and  gay nephew don't support gay rights and have never attended a gay pride event.  Did you ever consider they decided not to talk about such things with you ..because they know your views on the subject? 

I also don't see what Jewish people being murdered in concentration camps has to do with gay people being beaten up, murdered, refused hospital treatment, services, employment etc now at this moment. 

are you saying because of the Holocaust no people that are facing hardships and inequality today are allowed to mention their problems or try to stop them? It's not history what is happening to these people....it is happening now. 

14 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

That is nice that you are not bothered by those things. However, sadly many people in the world are very bothered by such issues, as trans, gay and other minorities still often encounter discrimination and hate crime in their lives. 

That is why events and gatherings / support groups and media attention is so important...to give these people help, support and confidence to stand up to injustices. 

Fair enough and I'm all for people doing what they want and being what they want, but bert has a point. Some folks like to flaunt it to the enth degree. All he's saying is be who you want to be, but don't take glee in 'shoving it' in one's face every five minutes. :passifier:

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

I find is hard to believe your 2 gay cousins , and  gay nephew don't support gay rights and have never attended a gay pride event.  Did you ever consider they decided not to talk about such things with you ..because they know your views on the subject? 

I also don't see what Jewish people being murdered in concentration camps has to do with gay people being beaten up, murdered, refused hospital treatment, services, employment etc now at this moment. 

are you saying because of the Holocaust no people that are facing hardships and inequality today are allowed to mention their problems or try to stop them? It's not history what is happening to these people....it is happening now. 

My two gay cousins are British and my nephew is Thai ,why would we talk about it ,they are never discriminated against ,and i dont discuss my sex life with them ,as i am sure 99.9% of the population dont discuss their sex lives with their relatives ,its no big deal so i am sure they dont need to dress in silly clothes and parade down the high street waving a rainbow flag ,