Hospitals instructed to test all admitted patients for virus

webfact

Quite simple.  You go to hospital for an ingrowing toe nail, feeling as fit as a fiddle (apart from the toe).  You get checked for Covid-19 and it's positive and asymptomatic.  You didn't know and are fine apart from the toe.  If the hospital didn't check,  you'd be on your way home to unknowingly spread it to all and sundry.  How can a hospital requirement to check for Covid-19 be anything other than common sense?  The biggest problem globally is the delay in symptoms taking their time to emerge and if you are symptomatic positive and you don't know.  I think the latent 2nd surge which appears to be imminent, will take all back to square one.        

1 hour ago, phetchy said:

Quite simple.  You go to hospital for an ingrowing toe nail, feeling as fit as a fiddle (apart from the toe).  You get checked for Covid-19 and it's positive and asymptomatic.  You didn't know and are fine apart from the toe.  If the hospital didn't check,  you'd be on your way home to unknowingly spread it to all and sundry.  How can a hospital requirement to check for Covid-19 be anything other than common sense?  The biggest problem globally is the delay in symptoms taking their time to emerge and if you are symptomatic positive and you don't know.  I think the latent 2nd surge which appears to be imminent, will take all back to square one.        

Will my toe and I be free to go back home after the brief visit during which we test positive? Or, will we be whisked off to a quarantine facility? Asking for a friend. If we are at risk of getting whisked off in a situation like that, then we would have to pack for a two week trip every time we go to a hospital for any reason. 

Edited by JCP108

Is it free? Couldn't be bothered reading. Maybe if they did this 3 mths ago ok. But wait...no they wait until now because they know the numbers will be lower whereas before they would be higher. It's all about face which is all about lying. Thailand no.1 in covid fight. It's just so childish and puts the health of the population at risk. They're (Prayut) doing this now to find some more cases to justify unlimited extentions of the state of emergency. Beware the second wave.

On 6/9/2020 at 1:45 PM, bodga said:

and  today  WHO  said  these carriers often  dont  spread  it.

What WHO , says is not regarded as Scientific facts , any more ..