Sports Bar

Wongkitlo

I took both of your advice and looked up Robin Hood on Google. Someone in their comments said look on Facebook. Checked Retox Game on Facebook  and they are still open with social distancing. Thanks for suggestions.

2 hours ago, champers said:

Robin Hood at Avenue is open for meals as is The Swan accross the road in Soi 13/1 though their TVs were unplugged when I ate there last week.

Is that the same ownership as Robin Hood in BKK? I used to enjoy their English breakfasts for 99 baht... 2 of them really hit the spot. Plus a read through the English papers. 

• Like 1

Those who are open usually may not switch on TV's as it may attract customers to come in and create groups. The owner of my favorite place told me so, and he keeps doors closed.

• Like 2

On 6/9/2020 at 7:48 PM, northsouthdevide said:

I think they're all still closed. 

If you've got one in mind, just put it in Google maps search engine, and should say if open or closed. 

I just did it with Retox game on bar, and it's still closed, so I imagine they all are. 

Retox soi honey is open and has been for sometime now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Oztruckie said:

Retox soi honey is open and has been for sometime now.

yes has been open since they were allowed to start serving food to eat in.

Obviously few customers so the back part is effectively closed up but have seen guys in watching some sport.

On 6/9/2020 at 9:19 PM, Wongkitlo said:

I took both of your advice and looked up Robin Hood on Google. Someone in their comments said look on Facebook. Checked Retox Game on Facebook  and they are still open with social distancing. Thanks for suggestions.

No sportbars are allowed to show anything on TV because of the social gatherings ban under the Emergency decree. They can only serve food. 

• Haha 1

On 6/9/2020 at 11:15 PM, RickG16 said:

Is that the same ownership as Robin Hood in BKK? I used to enjoy their English breakfasts for 99 baht... 2 of them really hit the spot. Plus a read through the English papers. 

I believe it was sold by the Retox group to an Indian gent. He has installed a new chef and the food has good reviews. I am sure others on here may know more than me; they seem to have a loyal clientele.

On 6/11/2020 at 2:00 PM, Max69xl said:

No sportbars are allowed to show anything on TV because of the social gatherings ban under the Emergency decree. They can only serve food. 

Have you actually been into any "sports bars" to verify that?

My guess is the OP did not find that to be true in the Irish Rovers.......

• Like 1

The curfew ending and the permission to serve alcohol with meals have been timed to coincide with the restart of the EPL next Wednesday. Sports bar management will have a few days to bring in extra supplies of pies, chips and gravy, obviously. Oh ... and beer.

On 6/13/2020 at 4:51 PM, champers said:

The curfew ending and the permission to serve alcohol with meals have been timed to coincide with the restart of the EPL next Wednesday. Sports bar management will have a few days to bring in extra supplies of pies, chips and gravy, obviously. Oh ... and beer.

I was told earlier by the manager at a sports bar that serves food that they have been told that they are only allowed to serve alcohol from 11-2 and 5-11pm........