After military opens door, Trump rejects removing names of Confederate leaders from U.S. bases

webfact

On 6/12/2020 at 12:17 AM, TheDark said:

I suppose God can be considered as reliable source on TV rules. 

This is trending on twitter, for a good reason. 

Nascar wants to ban the CONFEDERATE FLAG??? I DONT THANK SO

NASCAR "wants to ban" the confederate flag?  Minor oversight I'm sure, but NASCAR has banned the confederate flag from all events and properties.  Good for them to be on the right side of history.

6 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Good idea. Who is commander-in-chief of the military?

An individual who initially often acts contrary to the advise of his senior officers. How many U turns has trump made?

EDIT: I note one of your comments 'whining left'. I assume you not referring to senior officers in the military who disagree with trump.

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, simple1 said:

An individual who initially often acts contrary to the advise of his senior officers. How many U turns has trump made?

EDIT: I note one of your comments 'whining left'. I assume you not referring to senior officers in the military who disagree with trump.

Yes, that's the good thing about being commander-in-chief. You get to decide things. You get to change your mind.

And no, I'm not necessarily talking about senior officers- though that general apologizing for going with Trump to a church might fall into that category. IMHO, too many people, left, right, whatever, apologize for things they say because some Twitter mob explodes them. People should grow a pair and stand up for themselves.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Yes, that's the good thing about being commander-in-chief. You get to decide things. You get to change your mind.

And no, I'm not necessarily talking about senior officers- though that general apologizing for going with Trump to a church might fall into that category. IMHO, too many people, left, right, whatever, apologize for things they say because some Twitter mob explodes them. People should grow a pair and stand up for themselves.

The officer was standing up to trump based on his Oath, a person talking truth to power is without question standing up for himself. Unfortunately it is the insidious corruption of ethics by trump that influence people to accuse a person of inner strength of weakness. 

While the president is the CiC, any president would be a fool to reject his military command (secdef, cjc, branch secretaries) were they to recommend changing the names.

The country is ready for a Sea change on racism, with only the non-college-educated, older, white males holding out, so am hopeful these names will be changed double-time.

3 hours ago, Berkshire said:

NASCAR "wants to ban" the confederate flag?  Minor oversight I'm sure, but NASCAR has banned the confederate flag from all events and properties.  Good for them to be on the right side of history.

The post you quoted does not really work without the accompanied video, which was a good one.

Posts with multiple violations of fair use policy have been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Fort Benning was named for Henry Lewis Benning in 1918.

based on this quote from a speech of his, it is safe to catgeorize him as a racist:

"What was the reason that induced Georgia to take the step of secession? This reason may be summed up in one single proposition. It was a conviction, a deep conviction on the part of Georgia, that a separation from the North was the only thing that could prevent the abolition of her slavery. "

https://georgiainfo.galileo.usg.edu/thisday/cwhistory/11/19/henry-lewis-benning-speech-supporting-secession

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_L._Benning

Statement of Major General (Ret.) Paul D. Eaton on Renaming Army Bases Named After Confederate Officers

As a former commanding general at Fort Benning, it didn’t escape me that I was going to work every day at a base named for a Confederate General and traitor to the United States, a racist and an incompetent warfighter. Worse, the base was not named after him as a goodwill gesture after the Civil War. It was named more than fifty years after the South surrendered, as a way of reasserting the racism that the south stood for. "

https://m.votevets.org/press/statement-of-major-general-ret-paul-d-eaton-on-renaming-army-bases-named-after-confederate-officers

The current commander at Fort Benning is Major General Gary M. Brito  https://www.benning.army.mil/Leaders/MG-Brito.html

Edited by mtls2005

"On Capitol Hill, House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi urged Congress to immediately take steps to remove from the U.S. Capitol 11 statues representing Confederate leaders and soldiers. Among the statues is one of Confederate military commander Robert E. Lee. "Their statues pay homage to hate, not heritage. They must be removed," Pelosi, a Democrat, said in a letter to leaders of a congressional committee in charge of managing the statues on display at the Capitol."

This mumbling bumbling buffoon has been in Congress since 1987 but only now does she want the statues removed ? I am sure this has nothing to do with an upcoming election where it is in her best personal interests to stir up racial division in order to manipulate black people into voting Democrat.... ????

On 6/12/2020 at 11:27 AM, Captain Monday said:

On August 11, 2017 actual torch carrying nazis marched in Charlottesville  chanting blood and soil and other vile <deleted>. Trump refused to condemn them until the political pressure became unbearable.

He even suggested some of them were "very fine people".

Why do you and others of your party affiliation insist on continuing to repeat this lie ?? This has been debunked time and time and again. He condemned them at the time, but the anti Trump media cut that part out of the video. And for the upteenth time, Trump did not say that "actual torch carrying nazis" were "very fine people", that is another lie propagated by the pro Democrat media. What he said was actually in reference to the peaceful protesters there who were for/against the renaming of the park and removal of the statue. Despite what you believe, a lie told often does not make it more true.

• Haha 2

On 6/11/2020 at 10:18 AM, JensenZ said:

Good point! As the older generation dies out, we might be seeing the beginning of the end for the Constitution.

Bingo. And this is what ALL of this has always been about. The country has been hijacked by Marxists who have allied themselves with the Democrat Party in order to destroy the country by division from within. Their ultimate goal is to convince everyone that the country was founded by racists for racists and on the back of black slaves. Then they can declare the constitution invalid and take away everyone's rights. It is amazing how many people don't get this and are helping them do it.

• Confused 2

On 6/11/2020 at 6:33 PM, sqwakvfr said:

“Slippery Slope”.  If a government goes down this path then there is no end.  I recently saw a photo of the Abraham Lincoln monument in England that was vandalized. Lincoln, the president that ended slavery?

Also, I recently found out that McCarron Airport in Las Vegas is named after Senator Pat McCarron.  In the past he was accused of being a Racist, Xenaphobe and of course Anti-Semite(the Awoke Tri-Fecta).  

The Awoke/PC revolution is moving at Warp Speed(LEGO has stopped making Police officer toys, Gone With the Wind has been removed from HBO Max, The TV Shows Cops (after 33 years) and Live PD have been cancelled and NASCAR has banned the Confederate Flag(this presents a problem because the fan base of NASCAR is from places where this flag is proudly flown?).  

Just about anything that is said can and will be deemed offensive and possibly racist.  Welcome to the “New Normal” in America.  Can’t wait to go back later this year.  

I await with anticipation the next NASCAR event as I expect the stands to be covered with fans waving Confederate flags.

I recently saw a photo of the Abraham Lincoln monument in England that was vandalized. Lincoln, the president that ended slavery?

Not unexpected in England. Some of the rabble are so stupid they attacked a pediatrician's house because they thought it meant pedophile. I guess most of the intelligent people got killed in WW1, but it's not surprising to me that Britain is anything but "great" now. Can't even build their own cars or planes now. End of Empire indeed.