Statue of scout founder Baden-Powell to be taken down in Britain

snoop1130

12 hours ago, elliss said:

Oh , and lets not forget his children , of German Nationality .

What a <deleted> , supporting Brexit , while enjoying his EU handouts .

So sad ,  that so many swallowed his BS ..

5 upticks...;)

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2020 at 6:28 AM, vogie said:

You have had two votes now, one on Scots Indy and the other on the EU, you cannot change your mind because you don't agree with the result, (well you can but it won't do you any good), not a accepting a result because it didn't go your way is neither fair nor democratic, it is not all about you.

you seem to have conveniently forgotten about all that US & UK elite money and resources of lies and misrepresentations (see Cambridge Analytical) that swayed the sheeple. Its strongly possible that all the Brexiteers who abandoned the UK to live here will see payback, if income is in Sterling, which will be worthless in a few years time.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, BigStar said:

If they're going to pull down these old statues, as they surely are, politicians too weak to stop it, then they should replace them with tributes to art & beauty, like this petition in Louisiana calls for to replace some Confederate statue with one of Britney Spears:

https://www.newser.com/story/292221/petition-asks-louisiana-for-britney-spears-statues-instead.html

And that would I hope be, at the least, one of her in a skimpy bikini. She'd like that.

So it's time to start deciding on who'd be appropriate for these old Brits. Opener: Spice Girls?

Her only claim to fame was making a VDO with her in a jail bait school girl outfit, so if she was put up as a statue that should be what she is wearing.

If the spice girls were put up I think I'd be up for a bit of statue destruction myself.

Let's not have any statues at all as they ALL upset someone. Lets replace them with something useful like public toilets, of which there are not enough.

6 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

Can't they find some merit badges and Scouting books to burn instead of pulling down the statue?

From the news I have read and see over the last few days, many of the protesters have no merit at all anda large number probably can't read that well either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Let's not have any statues at all as they ALL upset someone. Lets replace them with something useful like public toilets, of which there are not enough.

I,m sure the protester who got jailed for having a <deleted> Saturday would agree with you.

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

Macron has the right idea.Any nonsense and he will send in the riot police, the CRS.Not much bending at the knee can expected from that quarter.

i3rGRwNr.jpg

Our "bold "? Gendarmes should listen to him.

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Get over it mate we had referendum and we left,least when we are finally out we,'ll be able to make decisions and spend our money as we want to ,not propping up the eu and all its bankrupt banana republics.

It's highly likely the UK will agree a trade deal with the EU. When that happens GBP will strengthen substantially. Also, the UK is on track to develop a vaccine for Covid 19. When it comes to the market and Covid is no longer a problem the GBP will soar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

Our "bold "? Gendarmes should listen to him.

Unfortunately our "bold "? Gendarmes are ruled by the Police Complaints Commission, the chief constables, local and national politicians.

They are in a very awkward position watching the laws of the land being broken and being forbidden to do much about it.

Much as I dislike Macron, here I agree with him 100%.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Unfortunately our "bold "? Gendarmes are ruled by the Police Complaints Commission, the chief constables, local and national politicians.

They are in a very awkward position watching the laws of the land being broken and being forbidden to do much about it.

This lady is the liberal leader of an independence police advisory group in London. She was asked about removing Churchills statue and her response was "well personally I've never met him"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, vogie said:

This lady is the liberal leader of an independence police advisory group in London. She was asked about removing Churchills statue and her response was "well personally I've never met him"

I guess everyone is capable of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. Maybe take a look in the mirror before judging others. 

Below is what you posted when asked by two posters whether you condemned the actions of the “right wing thugs” described so by both Boris Johnson and Pritti Patel, after the thugs assaulted and threw bottles at the Police at last weekends demonstrations. 

“The police, well I'm doing them a dis-service calling them police, I mean the lefts social workers and minders were a total disgrace and are fully responsible for this weekends disturbances.”

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, billd766 said:

The police should be non political and there to protect innocent people and uphold law and order not Brown nosing and wasting public money indulging in politically correct publicity stunts.

• Like 1

Just now, kingdong said:

The police should be non political and there to protect innocent people and uphold law and order not Brown nosing and wasting public money indulging in politically correct publicity stunts.

The problem is less with the police but more with the local and national politicians who really don't have that much of a clue about the police. The lady in my post above #347 explains a lot.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I guess everyone is capable of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. Maybe take a look in the mirror before judging others. 

Below is what you posted when asked by two posters whether you condemned the actions of the “right wing thugs” described so by both Boris Johnson and Pritti Patel, after the thugs assaulted and threw bottles at the Police at last weekends demonstrations. 

“The police, well I'm doing them a dis-service calling them police, I mean the lefts social workers and minders were a total disgrace and are fully responsible for this weekends disturbances.”

Oh well just because Johnson and Patel ( both who have a few skeletons in the closet) describe the protesters as "right wing thugs" it must be gospel,what did they describe antifa as the previous week,and why isn,t antifaa banned organisation?

19 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Oh well just because Johnson and Patel ( both who have a few skeletons in the closet) describe the protesters as "right wing thugs" it must be gospel,what did they describe antifa as the previous week,and why isn,t antifaa banned organisation

I believe they condemned all violence which most people without extreme views seem to be able to do without blaming the victims.