Does phuket suffer from jellyfish?

noiceonemate

On 6/17/2020 at 6:29 PM, Old Croc said:

Read your opening post again and point out where you said you were planning a holiday and not just wondering about what terrible things could have happened 2 years ago.

Phuket Province has an economy based almost entirely on tourism, which is currently defunct. The wife's DIL, along with all other staff, have just been asked to hand back their uniforms by the large Resort she works for. An indication the place will not be opening again. Apparently they have no bookings even into next year. The son's future with another large complex is also in doubt. We will probably be supporting them and their 2yo until they again find regular work. This downturn is affecting thousands in Phuket.

The last thing needed on social media is a Frightened Freddy inventing stories about killer jellyfish lurking behind every wave on the tourist beaches.  It stinks of someone with an agenda to scare others of his ilk away from returning. 

Why don't you move on,  plan your holiday, if that is a factual statement, and don't start scare campaigns aimed at a place you are too frightened to visit.

If someone wanted to besmirch phuket as a holiday destination there are far more effective ways of doing it than factfinding about a universal problem that affects all nations (apart from the landlocked ones). Such as the taxi mafia, the jetski scams, the ping pong show scams, the police check point scams etc. etc. etc.

Or other cultural aspects of thailand where you, as a farang, get into any alteraction with a thai. Can expect to open up your wallet if the police are ever called.

Guess what - I knew about all this before I travelled to Thailand, everywhere in the world you go that isn't a super expensive, modern, democractic nation will have their quirks and thailand has it's flaws but the plussed far outweigh the negatives. it didn't stop me from going, and knowing the dangers allowed me to enjoy Thailand without falling on the wrong side. My difference would have been very different if I didn't know about the taxi mafia and used a taxi at the airport or decided to get on a jetski at the beach.

So what do you expect people to do? Censor and cover up information about Thailand so you can misinform tourists and expats who plan to go there? Who are you Kim Jong-un?

People are entitled to know and research a destination before travelling there. Maybe you don't have kids, or your kids are grown adults but the sounds of it. But people are in different cirumstances. I have a child whose approaching 2 years old come december. I want to go into the sea with her - and not be confined to the swiming pool. You might have your opinions about my risk averseness - if you don't have anything constructive to say then move on and don't get wound up about it.

Edited by noiceonemate

5 hours ago, noiceonemate said:

If someone wanted to besmirch phuket as a holiday destination there are far more effective ways of doing it than factfinding about a universal problem that affects all nations (apart from the landlocked ones). Such as the taxi mafia, the jetski scams, the ping pong show scams, the police check point scams etc. etc. etc.

Or other cultural aspects of thailand where you, as a farang, get into any alteraction with a thai. Can expect to open up your wallet if the police are ever called.

Guess what - I knew about all this before I travelled to Thailand, everywhere in the world you go that isn't a super expensive, modern, democractic nation will have their quirks and thailand has it's flaws but the plussed far outweigh the negatives. it didn't stop me from going, and knowing the dangers allowed me to enjoy Thailand without falling on the wrong side. My difference would have been very different if I didn't know about the taxi mafia and used a taxi at the airport or decided to get on a jetski at the beach.

So what do you expect people to do? Censor and cover up information about Thailand so you can misinform tourists and expats who plan to go there? Who are you Kim Jong-un?

People are entitled to know and research a destination before travelling there. Maybe you don't have kids, or your kids are grown adults but the sounds of it. But people are in different cirumstances. I have a child whose approaching 2 years old come december. I want to go into the sea with her - and not be confined to the swiming pool. You might have your opinions about my risk averseness - if you don't have anything constructive to say then move on and don't get wound up about it.

Glad to see your writing style has improved a lot over the course of this thread. Yes, you have convinced me old croc is correct.

7 hours ago, noiceonemate said:

Thanks for proving my assessment about your character.

It's time for you to move on to anywhere you can find that suits your special needs.