Thailand eyes tourists from China, New Zealand to fill its ‘travel bubble’

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Traubert said:

Does 56 people constitute a 'second wave?'

Let's compare with other neighbouring countries.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Singapore 400+

Indonesia 850+

Philippines 500+

Malaysia 8+

South Korea 34+

Australia 18+

Bangladesh 3140+

Nepal 425+

So 56 is hardly significant.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

*Important Notice

medRxiv publishes preliminary scientific reports that are not peer-reviewed and, therefore, should not be regarded as conclusive, guide clinical practice/health-related behavior, or treated as established information.

who wrote this non-pier reviewed, umm, "study"? 

well, i'm convinced!  heck, the "researcher" even cited the epock times.  hahah.

Written by

Dr. Liji Thomas

Dr. Liji Thomas is an OB-GYN, who graduated from the Government Medical College, University of Calicut, Kerala, in 2001. Liji practiced as a full-time consultant in obstetrics/gynecology in a private hospital for a few years following her graduation. She has counseled hundreds of patients facing issues from pregnancy-related problems and infertility, and has been in charge of over 2,000 deliveries, striving always to achieve a normal delivery rather than operative.

On 6/12/2020 at 7:17 PM, DrJack54 said:

To add to my previous post re NZ and China etc. Recently AU put forward investigation looking into origin of covid-19 to UN.

Straight away China described AU as chewing gum on their boot needing scraping off. Couple of days later banned lot of beef imports along with huge tariffs on barley (of all things).

Japan week or so back listed counties that they are looking at for "bubble" NZ,AU , Vietnam and several others in their thinking.

China was not on that list. Why

Because Japanese verrry smart, they already read where Beijing has been Locked down due to another outbreak , see lot smarter than Anutin and company

It's all very well waffling on about tourist bubbles however ever thought on the return journey home, in NZ or OZ you'd still have to do 14 day isolation. SIA has a great offer without restrictions in Singapore for AU and NZ tourists, same thing, 14 Isolation when you get home. 

Edited by chainarong

10 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

*Important Notice

medRxiv publishes preliminary scientific reports that are not peer-reviewed and, therefore, should not be regarded as conclusive, guide clinical practice/health-related behavior, or treated as established information.

well, i'm convinced!  heck, the "researcher" even cited the epock times.  hahah.

Written by

Dr. Liji Thomas

Dr. Liji Thomas is an OB-GYN, who graduated from the Government Medical College, University of Calicut, Kerala, in 2001. Liji practiced as a full-time consultant in obstetrics/gynecology in a private hospital for a few years following her graduation. She has counseled hundreds of patients facing issues from pregnancy-related problems and infertility, and has been in charge of over 2,000 deliveries, striving always to achieve a normal delivery rather than operative.

No. Dr.. Liji Thomas did not write the article. She is commenting on the article. The authors of the study are: Li Mai He and Louis Dehner of the Washington University School of Medicine and Lucia Dunn of Ohio State University. The article is made available during the peer-review process for comments by the wider scientific community. 

• Like 2

On 6/13/2020 at 9:49 AM, Taxi said:

I believe the only non stop flights from NZ are with Thai, a quick look for early August has Thai at 8,000 baht more than the cheapest flight and 5,000 more than Qantas via Sydney. Thai 32,000, Qantas 27,000.

Extra costs on Thai - remember 'smoth as silk' ? all the girls have to wear silk panties.

10 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

*Important Notice

Written by

Dr. Liji Thomas

''trolling, trolling, trolling down the river''. big hit in PRC. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phkauf said:

It's becoming more of a competitive thing now for tourists. Seems like each of the ASEAN countries is looking to include all the Big Boys and exclude everyone else - VN did the same thing. 

But this is a two-way street, I can't imagine AU/NZ would want to join a bubble with China included. Also Japan and S Korea will be selective in their choices as well. At this point, I can only see Vietnam as sufficiently free from the virus and honest about their reporting.

This whole thing is so complex, all it takes is one weak party for the whole mess to come crashing down. For example, imagine the queue for immigration at BKK and how people are all mixed from different flights - one infected Chinese person intermingling with a bunch of Aussies and Kiwis could reignite the whole mess when they returned home. A 14-day quarantine upon return would help to mitigate this, but that's what the Travel Bubbles are supposed to do away with. 

Bubbles are of the nature to burst.

• Like 2

On 6/12/2020 at 7:05 PM, DrJack54 said:

I would be amazed if NZ did that deal.

Also think NZ population is ~5mil.

Bit bigger than say city of Melbourne. Au.

In my travels throughout Thai, I very rarely run into NZ tourists. This is just a smoke screen to cover the zillion Chinese about to be allowed back. Make it look like Thai gov are not just allowing only Chinese.

Yes, NZ will hardly FILL any bubble. Thailand is coming across as a rather arrogant, thinking that any country they deem fit will jump at the chance to join their bubble.

Any infection rate data coming out of China is suspect at best, and total nonsense at worst. I don't believe NZ will be rushing to bubble up with Thailand if the bubble includes China. Bubbling up with China will slow down the possibility of other bubbles.

NZ has to be very careful how they handle this as they rely on Chinese trade even more than Australia. They must not invoke the wrath of China by following Australia's lead.

Edited by JensenZ
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Lets just agree to disagree; the west is flooded with ''if it bleeds it leads'' media. China's approach is simply not trustworthy, based on the facts. I would not worry about the latest cases 56 (now slightly higher). What I would be concerned is if this fellow is correct (before he is 'disappeared'):

The chief epidemiologist of China's Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said the virus strain found in Beijing did not resemble the type circulating across the rest of the country, suggesting it might have been brought in from elsewhere.

2 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Yes, NZ will hardly FILL any bubble. Thailand is coming across as a rather arrogant, thinking that any country they deem fit will jump at the chance to join their bubble.

Any infection rate data coming out of China is suspect at best, and total nonsense at worst. I don't believe NZ will be rushing to bubble up with Thailand if the bubble includes China. Bubbling up with China will slow down the possibility of other bubbles.

NZ has to be very careful how they handle this as they rely on Chinese trade even more than Australia. They must not invoke the wrath of China by following Australia's lead.

A bubble is a two-way agreement and not 'arrogantly decided' by one party like you claim.

That means both countries must agree. If Australia don't want to join, Thailand isn't going to force them. 

The countries in Thailand's upcoming travel bubble is most probably China, South Korea and Japan. 

Australia probably won't join even though they are invited.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, EricTh said:

A bubble is a two-way agreement and not 'arrogantly decided' by one party like you claim.

That means both countries must agree. If Australia don't want to join, Thailand isn't going to force them. 

The countries in Thailand's upcoming travel bubble is most probably China, South Korea and Japan. 

Australia probably won't join even though they are invited.

Why did you even have to waste your time typing this out? There's no argument -  It obvious that both countries have to agree.

The way the article was worded suggested that if Thailand allows a bubble, the other country would automatically agree, hence the arrogance. It was written in a way that suggested other countries will be jumping at the opportunity to bubble-up with Thailand.

• Like 1