Thailand eyes tourists from China, New Zealand to fill its ‘travel bubble’

snoop1130

3 hours ago, ian007 said:

The news today should change this: 

An area of the Chinese capital Beijing has been put under strict lockdown measures after the city's first coronavirus cases in more than 50 days.

The outbreak has been linked to the city's largest wholesale market.

A total of 45 people out of 517 tested at the Xinfadi market tested positive for Covid-19, a district official said. None were displaying symptoms.

That is 9% of the tested people!!!!! They now want to test 10.000 people who were in the area.

What this means should even convince Ayutin who thinks the sun shines out of the Chinese bums.

Should. But, it won't.

11 minutes ago, TechnikaIII said:

The Thai people deserve better.

The Thai government needs a punch in the face.

While I generally love the people here, they got the government they deserve. So many people don't take voting seriously or just vote for the same guy/gal they always have no matter what party they represent. How many times have we seen a politician switch from one party to another solely based on what's good for that person, not for the people who voted for them. How many Pheu Thai politicians switched over to support the military government? Heck they are even quasi-celebrated as Cobra Politicians. 

Yes the Thai people deserve better, but until they start voting for a better class of politicians they won't get it. If enough politicians stood up for principle, the current military government would not have been formed - the Democrats are the worst offenders in this mess, but they had plenty of company on the road to hell. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MobileContent said:

I can assure everyone that Thailand is not on the list with a Travel Bubble between South Korea, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand but possible Vietnam will be added and so could be Taiwan and Hong Kong.

Thailand is just the little fat kid on the sidelines screaming pick me, pick me. They are desperate to get in the game but nobody wants them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, phkauf said:

While I generally love the people here, they got the government they deserve. So many people don't take voting seriously or just vote for the same guy/gal they always have no matter what party they represent. How many times have we seen a politician switch from one party to another solely based on what's good for that person, not for the people who voted for them. How many Pheu Thai politicians switched over to support the military government? Heck they are even quasi-celebrated as Cobra Politicians. 

Yes the Thai people deserve better, but until they start voting for a better class of politicians they won't get it. If enough politicians stood up for principle, the current military government would not have been formed - the Democrats are the worst offenders in this mess, but they had plenty of company on the road to hell. 

Lack of education is a deadly thing.

In my wife's small village, every one still sells their vote for 500 baht.

That shows you right there the voting mentality in Thailand.

Politicians want to get into politics for corruption into their own pockets.

They will never waste time trying to solve the countries problems, because it doesn't pay.

Wait and see the pollution 5 years from now!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

In china they are keeping their eye on a new outbrake because there have just been reported new infections probably connecting to a meat market so in my mind it's the most stupid thing to do to let them be the first to come back in to thailand by the thousands or 100thousands .

On 6/12/2020 at 6:45 PM, snoop1130 said:

The two countries currently being considered are China and New Zealand.

https://www.businessinsider.com/china-beijing-orders-wartime-mode-after-coronavirus-found-in-market-2020-6

Beijing goes into 'wartime mode' and locks down after a spike in coronavirus cases emerge at a wholesale market

On 6/12/2020 at 7:17 PM, DrJack54 said:

To add to my previous post re NZ and China etc. Recently AU put forward investigation looking into origin of covid-19 to UN.

Straight away China described AU as chewing gum on their boot needing scraping off. Couple of days later banned lot of beef imports along with huge tariffs on barley (of all things).

Japan week or so back listed counties that they are looking at for "bubble" NZ,AU , Vietnam and several others in their thinking.

China was not on that list. Why

we should be careful with Japan as well

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-52466834

Why is Japan not in lockdown? It's a question I've been asked numerous times by friends all over the world.

For those trying to understand what's going on in Japan, the much more puzzling question is why there is so little testing for Covid-19.

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

In china they are keeping their eye on a new outbrake because there have just been reported new infections probably connecting to a meat market so in my mind it's the most stupid thing to do to let them be the first to come back in to thailand by the thousands or 100thousands .

I just saw China logged 56 new cases today. Wasn't it a max of 20/day to be on the preferred list here?

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

I just saw China logged 56 new cases today. Wasn't it a max of 20/day to be on the preferred list here?

57 is nothing compared to the thousands in Europe, North and South America daily cases.

China is a huge country and is the combination of all of European countries.

You can't compare one country with another country. It's like comparing an elephant (1.4 billion people) with an ant (25 million in Australia). 

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Let's see the figures during the next 1 to 2 weeks.

Edited by EricTh

Just watching the news plus heard it yesterday 2020/06/14 china Beijing experiencing a second wave of the virus and closed down a market of over four thousand vendor's trying to find out origin of latest out break.

As things are getting so bubbly, (I know I'm not the first to ask, but am super curious) how the <deleted> do the bubbles work if not everyone has the same bubbles? I saw today that Indonesia is crafting a bubble that doesn't include Thailand but does include China. If Thailand's bubble includes China, doesn't that have the same outcome of including Indonesia in its bubble (even though one wouldn't be able to fly directly between Thailand and Indonesia in that scenario). 

Confused in Bangkok.

On 6/12/2020 at 7:05 PM, DrJack54 said:

I would be amazed if NZ did that deal.

Also think NZ population is ~5mil.

Bit bigger than say city of Melbourne. Au.

In my travels throughout Thai, I very rarely run into NZ tourists. This is just a smoke screen to cover the zillion Chinese about to be allowed back. Make it look like Thai gov are not just allowing only Chinese.

Yet china is full of covid!  Recently about 1200 villages were in lock down,  now 11 districts in Beijing.  They are keeping a pretty good lid on information getting out but stop 100% of it

19 hours ago, shdmn said:

Hell no.  Maybe you aren't aware but America is pandemic central right now.  Thanks in no small part to incompetent leadership.  I think America is the last country on most peoples lists of places to allow back in.

Yeah that was my reasoning if you follow the exchange back.

27 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

As things are getting so bubbly, (I know I'm not the first to ask, but am super curious) how the <deleted> do the bubbles work if not everyone has the same bubbles? I saw today that Indonesia is crafting a bubble that doesn't include Thailand but does include China. If Thailand's bubble includes China, doesn't that have the same outcome of including Indonesia in its bubble (even though one wouldn't be able to fly directly between Thailand and Indonesia in that scenario). 

Confused in Bangkok.

They know we are all going to be in the deep doodoo over all the job losses, so IMO trying to divert attention with a mythical "bubble". It's a well known political ploy. Given China now has the inevitable second wave any country that includes China even second or third hand is asking for trouble.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, EvetsKram said:

Yet china is full of covid!  Recently about 1200 villages were in lock down,  now 11 districts in Beijing.  They are keeping a pretty good lid on information getting out but stop 100% of it

Some rubbish comes out of China from "government news sites" and others making stuff up. Regardless keep an eye on the topic header. It's reads as a joke.

China population, what is it 1.7 billion

NZ~ 5 mil. I can't even find stats on how many Kiwis visit Thailand. Reason is that it's too low.

This thread is an absolute nonsense apart from pointing out the obvious.

The government is so stupid they cannot even play the sensible card. Something like this...... " The government looks to having bubble with ONE country that we can monitor. We are currently in discussion with several countries. Decision made asap"

And the result is ......

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Nobody outside of China (except China’s outside cheerleaders), should believe CCP propaganda.

Did you miss the news about the new Beijing Wuhan virus lockdown?

No, I said why. The question is clear enough.

If that's your only answer the conclusion is inevitable.

6 hours ago, JCP108 said:

Yes, but they have to fly, y'know be on a airplane that lands in Thailand.

Jeez........

1 hour ago, cbc said:

Just watching the news plus heard it yesterday 2020/06/14 china Beijing experiencing a second wave of the virus and closed down a market of over four thousand vendor's trying to find out origin of latest out break.

Or put more accurately 56 infected people. Not 4000.

They dd find an infected doorstop, anybody owing up?

37 minutes ago, EvetsKram said:

Made up rubbish.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They know we are all going to be in the deep doodoo over all the job losses, so IMO trying to divert attention with a mythical "bubble". It's a well known political ploy. Given China now has the inevitable second wave any country that includes China even second or third hand is asking for trouble.

Does 56 people constitute a 'second wave?'

• Haha 1

I just read the news that Indonesia is allowing 4 countries in their travel bubble.\

I predict that Thailand will also want these 4 countries as tourists.

They are China, South Korea, Japan and Australia. Surprisingly, Thailand is not on their travel bubble.

Edited by EricTh