Hospital appointment is not a loophole for foreign entrants

rooster59

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The Thai Ministry of Foreign Affairs points out that the visa costs 80 USD, a single entry of 90 days, which can be extended in Thailand by the immigration bureau.

Wow!!!  There's an insurmountable obstacle that Thailand has just tossed in the path of punters trying to game the system!  :wink:

• Haha 1

Honestly, I'd have expected that someone in the Ministry of Obfuscation would have printed up a list of "qualifying medical procedures."

"Shhhhh!"

Sorry.  Didn't mean to give them ideas...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, connda said:

Honestly, I'd have expected that someone in the Ministry of Obfuscation would have printed up a list of "qualifying medical procedures."

"Shhhhh!"

Sorry.  Didn't mean to give them ideas...

Would be helpful. I'm not a punter gaming the system. I live here. I want to go to my home country and come back. It's also true that I get medical care here. If I don't leave and visit my home country, I will stay here and have medical appointments. So, now wondering if the type of care I normally get will be included in such. Why should it be only for people with a medical reason to travel here and no other reason (trivial or important)?

• Like 2

While the OP mentions a non-IMM 'O' visa for medical treatment, what is most likely being referenced for this type of medical entry is the 'MT' Tourist visa. The Tourist 'MT' is for medical procedures not anticipated to exceed 60 days and the non-IMM 'O' is required for procedures expected to last longer than 60 days. (per London Thai Embassy website)

The required documentation from the hospital is presented to the Thai Embassy/Consulate where the Non-IMM or Tourist 'MT' application is lodged

Edited by SkyFax
  • Thanks 1

I've lived in Thailand for most of the last 20 years and I have a retirement "visa". I recently spent 500,000 THB to have a total hip replacement in BKK. I need to get back in for a followup with my surgeon. Don't need a new visa, just need CoE. I'll give it a shot!  ????

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Letseng said:

Boob job isn't really medical. It is cosmetic.

Along with for example ...teeth implants.

Your missing the point. Thailand has an industry dedicated to medical procedures that cost far less than in their own country.

18 minutes ago, Peabody said:

I've lived in Thailand for most of the last 20 years and I have a retirement "visa". I recently spent 500,000 THB to have a total hip replacement in BKK. I need to get back in for a followup with my surgeon. Don't need a new visa, just need CoE. I'll give it a shot!  ????

OK so if you get a letter from your surgeon/hospital detailing necessary medical procedure, to whom would you give it?

• Like 1