In London skirmishes, suspected far-right protester is rescued

rooster59

4 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Well thats plain wrong. The police determine who they shall arrest with guidance from above. 

It is not for the public to decide what should be done.

No, they must follow the law , if a person breaks  the law, they should be arrested , nothing to do with anyone "above" .

The public don't decide, nor should anyone above , the written law should decide 

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Denying of extreme right terrorism is telling.

That is what was stated in the Guardian link you (or someone else) posted 

One of the right wing terror incidents was a 14 your old boy posting on-line about foreigners , another reported incident was when a person wouldnt give his password to the police .

Those are facts , and I was nt denying right wing terrorism, I was explaining how they got their figures

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

"“The problem is small but it is my fastest-growing problem,” he said.

Yeah, like one instance last year , two instances this year gives a 100 % growth

"Most of the plotting took place online, police said, with links overseas to extreme-right followers elsewhere in Europe, in the US and South America, swapping information and messages of encouragement."

"The remainder were jihadist, which remains by far the biggest terrorist threat to the UK and has stabilised at a very high level after years of growth."

Completely ignored  "fastest-growing terrorist threat in the UK". Again deny / deflect and so on. Some more info...

The number of far-right prisoners convicted for terror offences in Great Britain climbed by a third last year to their highest recorded level, and accounts for more than one in six of all terrorists held in prison, according to official figures.

Conor McGinn MP, the shadow security minister, said: “This significant rise shows the very serious and dangerous nature of far-right extremism”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/17/number-of-far-right-terrorist-prisoners-in-britain-hits-record-high

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I didnt ignore that , I addressed that . I replied to it , I answered it and I didnt dent it .

Yes to a degree you did so, but constantly posting examples of minor offences i.e. minimising of a matter HMG security agencies have identified as an ongoing and increasing national security threat.

Do the relatively minor offences you raise include those serving jail terms for far right terror offences?

The number of far-right prisoners convicted for terror offences in Great Britain climbed by a third last year to their highest recorded level, and accounts for more than one in six of all terrorists held in prison, according to official figures.

4 hours ago, simple1 said:

Yes, it went from 9 prisoners to 29 , many of these seem to be youngsters posting "encouraging" messages online .

1 minute ago, simple1 said:

First line is enough reason to ignore you. bye...

Here is a more balanced view from the BBC .

Right wing terror related arrests went from 6 % to 10 % of all terror related arrests

Teenagers posting on-line about kidnapping Prince Harry were part of that group who have been arrested .

The reason for the increase from 6 % to 10 % is that the Police now monitor more websites and have introduced measures where people can report posts (to them).

Has there been a increase in right-wing activity or are the police now just paying in more attention and therefore a higher arrest rate ?

Are the Left  Ant Theether mob trying to portray all the statue defenders as being far right extremists and part of the biggest (growing )terror threat in the UK ? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-49753325

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, simple1 said:

You're just posting more support for right of centre terrorism. I had previously read it is against forum rules to express support for any form terrorism, don't know why you and others are permitted to post your propaganda  - bye.

I am posting facts , nothing to with support of the people or terrorism  .

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Here is a more balanced view from the BBC .

Right wing terror related arrests went from 6 % to 10 % of all terror related arrests

Teenagers posting on-line about kidnapping Prince Harry were part of that group who have been arrested .

The reason for the increase from 6 % to 10 % is that the Police now monitor more websites and have introduced measures where people can report posts (to them).

Has there been a increase in right-wing activity or are the police now just paying in more attention and therefore a higher arrest rate ?

Are the Left  Ant Theether mob trying to portray all the statue defenders as being far right extremists and part of the biggest (growing )terror threat in the UK ? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-49753325

Well of the arrests in US antifa account for 0.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/06/10/51-protesters-facing-federal-charges-yet-no-sign-of-antifa-involvement/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sujo said:

wrong. Its discretionary. Always has been.

No, Policeman cannot decide who they want to arrest

Its their duty to arrest law breakers , 

That is why we have a book of laws, 

Part of the UK policemans oath 

"and that I will, to the best of my power, cause the peace to be kept and preserved and prevent all offences against people and property;"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

I am posting facts , nothing to with support of the people or terrorism  .

To quote you "many of these seem to be youngsters posting" The comment is speculation, not fact. Nor have you addressed my question in response to your referencing a 14 year old posting some stuff on social media and the guy arrested at an airport for not providing his password for his phone i.e. how many are serving jail terms for minor terrorism offences. In other words are they included in the total of those jailed for terrorism changes from the far right. In any case enough is enough of your & others evasions - final goodbye in this topic.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, simple1 said:

To quote you "many of these seem to be youngsters posting" The comment is speculation, not fact. Nor have you addressed my question in response to your referencing a 14 year old posting some stuff on social media and the guy arrested at an airport for not providing his password for his phone i.e. how many are serving jail terms for minor terrorism offences. In other words are they included in the total of those jailed for terrorism changes from the far right. In any case enough is enough of your & others evasions - final goodbye in this topic.

I have no idea who all the 29 people in jail for right wing terror offences are or what they have done .

I did a websearch for "Right wing terror offence jail" and many of them seem to be teenagers posting things online or suspected membership of banned groups

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/neo-nazi-trial-terror-prince-harry-michal-szewczuk-oskar-dunn-koczorowski-a8963396.html

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11107767/met-police-arrest-terror-group/

If you have a more comprehension list, then please post it up 

14 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Nor have you addressed my question in response to your referencing a 14 year old posting some stuff on social media and the guy arrested at an airport for not providing his password for his phone i.e. how many are serving jail terms for minor terrorism offences

I have no idea , but we were talking about the Guardian link that you posted and the topic was the "Growing right wing threat " and those two incidents were included in that , I have no idea whether they went to jail of not , actually, I seem to recall that the password guy got a small fine and the 14 year old is too young to go to jail .

But we were talking about "instances" not necessarily involving people getting jailed

1 minute ago, Sujo said:

young man. I was a police officer then a prosecutor. The law is not the law. It is also the intent of the law.

If a military officer attended uk parliament in his uniform it is illegal, it is unlawful. So say general mattis attended uk parliament in uniform he should be arrested. But he wouldnt be.

Police resources are not to be wasted on frivilous matters and judges frequently berate police for charging people with offences that whilst illegal are not in the spirit or intent for which the law was enacted.

Police will often caution an offender instead of arrest because to arrest they will use a lot of resources for little gain.

The oath police take is subject to directions from above. If an officer is doing surveillance but notices a jaywalker he isnt going to jeapordise his case just to arrest a jaywalker. But according to you he must.

Police are not bound to arrest anyone and everyone breaking the law. They have discretion. Move on.

OK, so if you were on patrol in uniform and you saw one man murder another man , would it be up to your discretion to intervene or just walk on by without taking action ?

Would it be completely up to your discretion about whether you make an arrest or not , could you just say , "I didnt like the murdered guy either, so, you can go home unarrested"?

You talk about "frivolous matters " ; 56 Police officers getting injured and property destroyed is hardly a frivolously matter , two different issues .

Yes, "frivolous " matters are often overlooked , but thats not what we are talking about, is it .

• Confused 1

On 6/14/2020 at 9:46 AM, INFIDELandPROUD said:

So let me get this straight, if you protect any statue from damage (most of these people being military veterans) you're automatically classed as ’Far-Right’ absolutely ridiculous journalism trying to dupe people into more hatred.

Precisely, it’s pretty clear to all that the would be peaceful protests have been hijacked by Antifa & BLM. Both far left Marxist groups intent on attempting the collapse of democracy. Because of inaction by the police the far right have got involved. I suspect this was planned by both groups to escalate unrest within the country. I also suspect the weekend will be very messy as a result.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2020 at 9:39 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

In laymans terms, a man that does not want to surrender British culture and history to a revisionist leftist mob. Nice of the police to finally spring into action, although I did not see scenes of mass looting like when the BLM were "protesting". Wonder why the patriotic pro-statue crowd deserved a beat down?

I suppose no photo of the crack to his head that put him down

8 minutes ago, Harry Fingerling said:

Precisely, it’s pretty clear to all that the would be peaceful protests have been hijacked by Antifa & BLM. Both far left Marxist groups intent on attempting the collapse of democracy. Because of inaction by the police the far right have got involved. I suspect this was planned by both groups to escalate unrest within the country. I also suspect the weekend will be very messy as a result.

Antifa violence hijacked it. Yet no one arrested is antifa. 

• Like 2