In London skirmishes, suspected far-right protester is rescued

rooster59

3 minutes ago, TheDark said:

Your thought process is clearly not tuned into finding solutions. Perhaps it's the way you have been programmed. I can't help you with that anymore. 

Right. You should concentrate on getting help for yourself.

1 minute ago, johnnybangkok said:

Yes it does....

'He was among several hundred demonstrators who travelled to central London with the aim, they said, of protecting statues, including Winston Churchill’s, from anti-racist protesters.'

And he was one of those people, who clashed with the police, whose task was to protect these statues. 

55 year old kid, who wanted to protest against the police and the government. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheDark said:

And he was one of those people, who clashed with the police, whose task was to protect these statues. 

55 year old kid, who wanted to protest against the police and the government. 

That was the problem wasnt it, the police were not protecting the statues and so the public had to step in to protect them 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, evadgib said:

This whole scenario has too many holes for it yet to be taken seriously. Piers Morgan is the latest MSM-er to have taken the story at face value and has this morning been fawning all over the rescuers who appeared (in the short bit that i have just looked up) seemed a little embarrassed at the continued attention. Al Sharp-tongue has also weighed in from America.

I (still) don't quite know what to make of it.

For someone with so much to say about all this you really should at least know what it's all about.

The old, white guy was getting his head kicked in by black youths when Patrick Hutchinson, who was providing security for the event stepped in and prevented more damage being done. He and his fellow security guys formed a ring around him and Patrick eventually carried him out to safety. The full story is here https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11860439/hero-blm-protester-black-versus-white/

It does require reading so not sure if that's your thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, johnnybangkok said:

It must be exhausting all this mental gymnastics you and your fellow TVF posters must have to do just to try and defend the indefensable.

We've had 'there was war vets there' as some way of mitigating that the VAST majority were a bunch of football hooligans/far right groups hell bent on a fight. We've had the police were going too easy on the BLM protestors, despite 135 arrests made the week before and now we have the 'well someone had to defend the statue as the police wouldn't' despite it being boarded up and guarded. 

Your true motivations and thinking cannot be hidden by any of these straw man fallacies. The actions of these individuals hell bent on trouble (both BLM and far -right) cannot be mitigated by any of your spurious nonsense and should be condemned. It's even more surprising coming from people who like to think of themselves as straight talking and being able to 'call a spade a spade' (pun very much intended).   

They had taken statues down in Bristol the previous week and the authorities didnt stop them .

Ant Theethers spent the week deciding which statues would stay and which ones would go .They decided that the Churchill statue in London would have to be taken down .

Ant Teethers announced they would be protesting in London (and saying goodbye to Churchill) , it was then the statue defenders announced they would be there to protect the statues , and it was after that the statues got boarded up 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

For someone with so much to say about all this you really should at least know what it's all about.

The old, white guy was getting his head kicked in by black youths when Patrick Hutchinson, who was providing security for the event stepped in and prevented more damage being done. He and his fellow security guys formed a ring around him and Patrick eventually carried him out to safety. The full story is here https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11860439/hero-blm-protester-black-versus-white/

If you really want know what it's all about you should listen to Patrick himself rather than rely on The Sun. Protesters from both sides were there on the day, despite BLM apparently calling it off.

His "security" group was not formal but it was probably just as well they were there for the Millwall fan. Nice job Patrick and his mates.

Edited by nauseus
4got to + linki

2 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

The report doesnt say which side he was on , whether he was Ant Teether or statue defender .

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

I know that although the tat might be a giveaway? The question should not be what "side" he was on but did he actually do anything wrong?

You don't think this "He was among several hundred demonstrators who travelled to central London with the aim, they said, of protecting statues, including Winston Churchill’s, from anti-racist protesters." is a give away?

Just noticed johnnybangkok poster similar already, thanks.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, nauseus said:

If you really want know what it's all about you should listen to Patrick himself rather than rely on The Sun. Protesters from both sides were there on the day, despite BLM apparently calling it off.

His "security" group was not formal but it was probably just as well they were there for the Millwall fan. Nice job Patrick and his mates.

I only posted the quote from The Sun as the previous poster had used that publication already. It wouldn't be my first choice of media ('when in Rome') but I think it got the general gist of the story.

And no one's denying there was some BLM protestors (i think I mentioned that before in my posts). The MAIN demonstration though had been rightly called off by BLM organisers for fear of violence when they found out all the right wing elements and football hooligans were going to 'defend the statues'. If they hadn't, that whole day would have been a lot, lot worse. 

And yes, nice job Patrick.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

I only posted the quote from The Sun as the previous poster had used that publication already. It wouldn't be my first choice of media ('when in Rome') but I think it got the general gist of the story.

And no one's denying there was some BLM protestors (i think I mentioned that before in my posts). The MAIN demonstration though had been rightly called off by BLM organisers for fear of violence when they found out all the right wing elements and football hooligans were going to 'defend the statues'. If they hadn't, that whole day would have been a lot, lot worse. 

And yes, nice job Patrick.

Oh, it was just the MAIN demonstration what was called off. I didn't know that. Mind you, I don't think anyone else knew that either as this is the first time that any MAIN demonstration has been mentioned.

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2020 at 9:42 AM, stevenl said:

In layman's terms, a far right protester. Hence the description in the article.

He looks like our Tommy , new hairstyle ..

12 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

He was providing security? Security for who? Who hired him? I thought the police were there to patrol the event, not random people turning up and claiming they're security.

Anyway, BLM said they had called off the march on the day, so it couldn't have been them who hired him. And the police didn't hire him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, katana said:

He was providing security? Security for who? Who hired him? I thought the police were there to patrol the event, not random people turning up and claiming they're security.

Anyway, BLM said they had called off the march on the day, so it couldn't have been them who hired him. And the police didn't hire him.

How do you know he was hired?perhaps he just went there as a peacekeeper,what were the police doing while the victim was being attacked?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I'm curious as to how his former employer managed to confirm past employment without breaching Data Protection Legislation; assuming the Guardian haven't simply made that up?

Edited by evadgib

7 minutes ago, evadgib said:

I'm curious as to how his former employer managed to confirm past employment without breaching Data Protection Legislation; assuming the Guardian haven't simply made that up?

Yeah sure, that’s what the guardian did. 

As for your concern over the data protection act...

Edited by Bluespunk

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Yeah sure, that’s what the guardian did. 

As for your concern over the data protection act...

We'll find out if or when matey fills in the gaps.

I'm particularly interested in learning what happened either side of his much publicized firemens carry & whether there's any truth in the 'far right' baloney that freely flows from the keyboards of MSM etc without any due dilligence or comebacks.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, evadgib said:

We'll find out if or when matey fills in the gaps.

I'm particularly interested in learning what happened either side of his much publicized firemens carry & whether there's any truth in the 'far right' baloney that freely flows from the keyboards of MSM etc without any due dilligence or comebacks.

It’s all true, deal with it. 

• Like 2