3,000 baht travel scheme.

OzMan

43 minutes ago, Guderian said:

You are just as entitled to it as you were to the 20 GB of free data for your phone. ????

But if thats true, then we should all register.  I got the Data for my phone as well as my GF. Of course we used our pink Non Immigrant identification cards to register.  Then every month True is giving us 3gb more free when we pay the bill on time.  Good for a 5 day period.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chassa said:

I did not get any extra money from the Aus government, why should Thailand give me some?

Me Neither, all pensioners  " RESIDING in "  In Aus are eligible for the Two time Au$750.   ????

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

But if thats true, then we should all register.  I got the Data for my phone as well as my GF. Of course we used our pink Non Immigrant identification cards to register.  Then every month True is giving us 3gb more free when we pay the bill on time.  Good for a 5 day period.

Yes, I know I got from True as well by showing the pink card. However, this seems to be something that only True have been doing. I´ve heard people with AIS say as well as post in another thread that they did not even give to foreigners with that pink card and a 13-digit number.

8 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Me Neither, all pensioners  " RESIDING in "  In Aus are eligible for the Two time Au$750.   ????

Yep, that´s easy to understand. Why would they give support to people that are not working or living in the country that already have enough money to live in a foreign country?

It´s not like your pension got smaller just because of the pandemic, was it?

Yes, I know that US give support to people living abroad. That baffles me!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yep, that´s easy to understand. Why would they give support to people that are not working or living in the country that already have enough money to live in a foreign country?

They have more money then Aus .  ????  ???? 

Nah Pension same . $Au going  down, should've send some $ over a week ago , <deleted> . ☹️

• Like 1

18 hours ago, colinneil said:

OP the only thing retirement extension holders are entitled to, is a lot of grief from this government, nothing else.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

A retiree with 65k/month has more money than ~88% of the Thai workforce. So why would we ask for the ฿3000 baht benefit? 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, I know I got from True as well by showing the pink card. However, this seems to be something that only True have been doing. I´ve heard people with AIS say as well as post in another thread that they did not even give to foreigners with that pink card and a 13-digit number.

I believe it is hit and miss just as it was with the 5,000 baht per person, with many being classified as farmers or students and not obtaining any money at all.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I believe it is hit and miss just as it was with the 5,000 baht per person, with many being classified as farmers or students and not obtaining any money at all.

Probably! Would that mean they are classifying most of the people as HiSo´s now, and they are not seen as needy? ????

20 hours ago, colinneil said:

OP the only thing retirement extension holders are entitled to, is a lot of grief from this government, nothing else.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

It starts to get annoying to never be able to contradict you ????

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Since when did  much logic apply?  Like how Aussies cant get their old age full pension as they moved out of AUS... <deleted>??????????  they worked, paid tax its THEIR cash..

again.. no logic..

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, digger70 said:

I found out recently if I returned to Australia with 4 kids, the Oz government would provide me with $31,806.30 per annum till the kids turn 19, (providing they are still studying at that age), albeit the two Thai kids will have to wait for a year to get the payment after they arrive receiving permanent residency.

Its called family A & B payments, on top of that there is an additional payment called family B supplement, and all you have to do to get it is lodge your tax return on time if your working, then they also provide you with rental assistance.

Why didn't I know of all of this before I left 5 years ago, well was making a coin and I was well over the threshold of $148,000, that said, as I am not working, the above amount will cover the rent of $600 per week, and all we have to do then is survive as we do here, and I think we can do that on the $675 per week budget we have been living on here, which excludes an extra $120 per week for private cover here as Medicare is free in Oz, so we'll be up $120 there.

All of a sudden Thailand isn't looking so good for us.

Moral of the post, have some kids ????

11 minutes ago, Seeall said:

Since when did  much logic apply?  Like how Aussies cant get their old age full pension as they moved out of AUS... <deleted>??????????  they worked, paid tax its THEIR cash..

again.. no logic..

I guess you didn´t understand my post. Never said that they should not pay full pension, so don´t come here and push that over on me.

What I posted about was that i am totally baffled that any country can go along with economical support to people that have left the country and all people that retire in a foreign country. If people already have the economic possibility to relocate to another country, they should be considered having enough money to take care of themself.

27 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I found out recently if I returned to Australia with 4 kids, the Oz government would provide me with $31,806.30 per annum till the kids turn 19, (providing they are still studying at that age), albeit the two Thai kids will have to wait for a year to get the payment after they arrive receiving permanent residency.

Its called family A & B payments, on top of that there is an additional payment called family B supplement, and all you have to do to get it is lodge your tax return on time if your working, then they also provide you with rental assistance.

Why didn't I know of all of this before I left 5 years ago, well was making a coin and I was well over the threshold of $148,000, that said, as I am not working, the above amount will cover the rent of $600 per week, and all we have to do then is survive as we do here, and I think we can do that on the $675 per week budget we have been living on here, which excludes an extra $120 per week for private cover here as Medicare is free in Oz, so we'll be up $120 there.

All of a sudden Thailand isn't looking so good for us.

Moral of the post, have some kids ????

Good for you  if you can go to Aus and get that ,surely that looks good . for me I am to old to start having rug rats, ????     I be 92 before they finish school at 19.    

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Good for you  if you can go to Aus and get that ,surely that looks good . for me I am to old to start having rug rats, ????     I be 92 before they finish school at 19.    

I will be 73 when the youngest rugrat (the big boss), turns 19, one could say I have raised my own grandchildren...????

1 hour ago, Seeall said:

again.. no logic..

The strangest thing is to qualify for the Old Age Pension OAP, you don't have to work and pay taxes, to get the full pension, you just need to have been in the country for 35 years.

Australia treats its citizens with a total lack of regard if they want to leave the country and live overseas.

I get your angro regarding the pension and not being able to get it if you live overseas before applying for it, alternatively you have to go back and serve the 2 year "jail term" as expats refer to it, shouldn't be the case, but it's a way they get to save on costs because they have done the math, but on the other hand if you have entered the county as an immigrant they will throw money at you, especially if its on humanitarian grounds.

If you own a home in Oz after 20 September 1986, and have leased it to a tenant and moved overseas say in 2015, well as of 1 July 2020 your up S-h-i-t Creek, why, because they will now apply Capital Gains Tax on it from the date you purchased it, not when you leased it to the tenant in 2015, e.g. you purchased it when Capital Gains Tax came into effect, i.e. after 20 September 1986.

Let's say you paid a million for it and you now sell it for 1.5 million, well you would be up for about 42% tax, or $210,000 on the $500,000 dollars profit since you purchased it, "very unAustralian".

Prior to 1 July 2020 it was done from the date you first leased it, e.g. a property valuer would value it at as at the time you leased it, again say 2015 and he would establish a value, e.g. let's say he estimated it to be worth 1.250 million at that date you leased it in 2015 and you sold it prior to 1 July 2020, well you would pay 32.5c in the dollar up to $80,000, then 37c in the $ thereafter, that would be around $89,000 in Capital Gains Tax.

But now after 1 July 2020, on the $500,000 from the time you purchased it, not when you moved out of it in 2015 and leased it, the tax on the increase in value would now be $210,000 vs $89,000, that's an extra $121,000 in tax or about 48% more tax for doing nothing, just because they changed the rules on you for wanting to live overseas for a possible "better life". Bigger slice of the cake for them, besides you can't vote so you are no threat to them, your a foreign resident.

Australia has gone to the dogs, the politicians are milking it for what they can, I mean to get the pension these days you have to be a minimum 67 years of age if born in 1959 then it goes on a scale up to 70 years for every 6 months after that, however the politicians can get their pensions at 60 years of age.

I am returning at the end of the year and am going to milk it for what it's worth, legally, have 4 kids, Centrelink will provide me with Family A & B payment including supplements, up to $31,806.30 per year, I call it free rent, and I work or the Mrs can work and make up to $55,000 a year before they start reducing it by 20c per $ up to $99,000, over that and up to $148,000 a year its then 30c in the $.

The above said, I will also be ready for the OAP by the time they stop paying for 3 of the children, so what they give, then take with the other hand they have to give back + some more in the OAP.

Looks like I have finally woken up to the C...s  

Edited by 4MyEgo