Is Shoppee A Reliable Online Purchasing Platform?

paddypower

6 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Shopee has a dreadful website, items come up in dollars and there is no box to click to get their prices in Thai. I am not saying it can't be done, but they sure don't make it easy for you.

While I'm here, some of Lazadas sellers are very undependable, and Lazada will not take responsibility for them.

What website are you using?  Shopee Thailand is in Thai and in Baht and search is much better than Lazada most of the time.  As said Chrome translate does a good job of getting it into English.

https://shopee.co.th/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, curtklay said:

Please. How do you get Shoppee to show in English? 

The website (co th) appears to be mostly English nowadays (many product descriptions are not) but looking at it now, I don't see a way to change the language. Maybe check the language settings in your web browser.

I have ordered many things from Shopee and never had a problem so far. I always check the seller's feedback before ordering.

44 minutes ago, RloLigor said:

The website (co th) appears to be mostly English nowadays (many product descriptions are not) but looking at it now, I don't see a way to change the language. Maybe check the language settings in your web browser.

On Chrome or Edge you just right click on empty area of page and select translate to English in the menu - it seems to hold well but occasionally you may have to do again.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:
2 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

I'd seriously doubt that!

Actually that is exactly how it works - money is held until you confirm payment after receipt and check of item.  

How do you know that?  And, before you jump down my throat, I'm just asking a question! 

How long does Shopee allow to check that the item is ok before they release the seller's funds, same day, a week?  My online deliveries go to the condo office, they're not checked before the driver leaves.

17 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

How do you know that?  And, before you jump down my throat, I'm just asking a question! 

How long does Shopee allow to check that the item is ok before they release the seller's funds, same day, a week?  My online deliveries go to the condo office, they're not checked before the driver leaves.

Been using since 23/02/2019 and they send below message to your email when any order is signed for:

.......Please confirm and accept the product. You will receive the item on the Shopee application within 3 days after you have received the product. We will transfer the money to the shop xxxxxxxxxx

if you do not press. Within the specified period Money will be transferred to the person Sell automatically.......

You are given link to website to authorize payment and once that done you can rate seller/item/delivery when you want.

Frequently Asked Questions

If the product does not meet the requirements What to do?
You can submit a return request through the Shopee app in accordance with the return conditions specified in the return request. Within 3 days after you receive this email

Immediate refunds are not possible when buyers confirm and transfer money. Already sent to the seller Read more concerned about the policy on refund / return policy on apps Shopee yet.

Edited by lopburi3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:
18 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Been using since 23/02/2019 and they send below message to your email when any order is signed for:

.......Please confirm and accept the product. You will receive the item on the Shopee application within 3 days after you have received the product. We will transfer the money to the shop xxxxxxxxxx

if you do not press. Within the specified period Money will be transferred to the person Sell automatically.......

You are given link to website to authorize payment and once that done you can rate seller/item/delivery when you want.

Maybe that happens when purchasing through the phone app, it doesn't when items are bought online using their website, that's how I do it.   I have never received those messages/instructions so, presumably, "money will be transferred to the person Sell automatically...", i.e. immediately, when the website is used.

On 6/14/2020 at 5:09 PM, BritManToo said:

Not true.

The 'stock number' is actually BS.

They just cancel your order, and you can't write a review or rate a cancelled order.

And then you get to play the game of getting money back to your Airpay account, then a Thai only bank account.

Normally the 'naughty boys' don't allow use of COD for a reason.

I had orders cancelled on Lazada , Aliexpress .Money back within 8 days in Overseas bank account.

No Problems.  ???? 

1 minute ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Maybe that happens when purchasing through the phone app, it doesn't when items are bought online using their website, that's how I do it.   I have never received those messages/instructions so, presumably, "money will be transferred to the person Sell automatically...", i.e. immediately, when the website is used.

I only use the website and I get such a message on every purchase, normally immediately after signed for.

16 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

They must do it just for you, then, either that or they specifically exclude me from that arrangement!

Is it by any chance going to spam?  They have your correct email account?  You are paying by bank transfer?  Nothing special about my account, although they do have my bank details for refunds and that was a separate set up process.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, digger70 said:

I had orders cancelled on Lazada , Aliexpress .Money back within 8 days in Overseas bank account.

No Problems.  ???? 

The problems are

1) You've lost the use of your money for 10 days.

2) You have to order again, another 10 days wait.

3) You can't tell anyone else this seller is unreliable.

But if you're happy with that, OK.

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

The problems are

1) You've lost the use of your money for 10 days.

2) You have to order again, another 10 days wait.

3) You can't tell anyone else this seller is unreliable.

But if you're happy with that, OK.

Yea you're right .

It's not a Million $ 

One does't have to be in a hurry all the time.

Of course one can say whatever one want to say. I Do.

6 hours ago, curtklay said:

Please. How do you get Shoppee to show in English? 

yes .... that's the big problem ..... and when you call their call centre to complain, it's all in Thai language also, no english selection available.  lol

5 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

what about SUPPLEMENTS ?

I am SHOCKED to see prices just a bit more (max 100 baht) more than IHERB

like for products as brand name collagen ...

possible that some are FAKE, just make containers, labels & fill with .... ????

Have been buying Centrum and Now products for some months and no reason to believe any are fake.  They are Canada and US products that people import in small quantities to resell at a profit but as no store required they can sell without the usual huge markups.  You will normally see few products available for shipment and when sold there can be a delay in restock - but others will often have for about the same price.

7 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

In Chrome just right clack on page in red header and tell it to translate to English - often only have to do one time but if need again easy to do.  Translations are quite good.

Thanks Lopburi! As usual you are the voice of wisdom.

4 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

What website are you using?  Shopee Thailand is in Thai and in Baht and search is much better than Lazada most of the time.  As said Chrome translate does a good job of getting it into English.

https://shopee.co.th/

I got on to the Shopee website, and yes the prices were in Thai Baht, I made a purchase, they asked for my address, but gave me no place to print it, they asked for a state  and gave be a whole drop down list of states in a foreign language. This is one farcical company I will not be dealing with.

10 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I got on to the Shopee website, and yes the prices were in Thai Baht, I made a purchase, they asked for my address, but gave me no place to print it, they asked for a state  and gave be a whole drop down list of states in a foreign language. This is one farcical company I will not be dealing with.

During the sign up process you have to click again (maybe just a space) to get English translations as I recall - but once done never have to do that again.

• Like 1

Have been buying Centrum and Now products

sorry,but CENTRUM is worthless, the pills are hard and understandable and in non bioavailable form

I did test many, learned about what vitamins in what quantities work / safe

B-vitamins in 1 mg = as good as worthless... if it says, 100 percent of daily value... means nothing

zinc oxide, magnesium oxide, calcium carbonate, just a few of useless forms 

reference: https://www.google.com/search?q=centrum+vitamins+useless

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

During the sign up process you have to click again (maybe just a space) to get English translations as I recall - but once done never have to do that again.

There's a little bell symbol at the top right corner, next to 3 other selections. I clicked on the bell, a box dropped down with symbol of a person. I clicked on the white portion of the box and everything changed to English. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Have been buying Centrum and Now products for some months and no reason to believe any are fake.  They are Canada and US products that people import in small quantities to resell at a profit but as no store required they can sell without the usual huge markups.  You will normally see few products available for shipment and when sold there can be a delay in restock - but others will often have for about the same price.

Here is some of what you'll find in Centrum:

Calcium as Calcium Carbonate:  This is the least absorbable forms of calcium on the market. A very small percentage is actually absorbed.

Magnesium as Magnesium Oxide: The least absorbable, cheapest form of magnesium.

Iron as Ferrous Fumarate: This form of iron is incredibly constipating.

Vitamin E as DL-Alpha Tocopherol: This is vitamin E and they are using two forms. The “D” form which is natural and the “L” Form which is synthetic. The “L”  form is used to “water-down” the more expensive more bioactive “D” form.

The B vitamins: Citing anywhere from 1.1 mg to 15mg per vitamin is a concentration so low as to have no impact on energy levels, as outlined in their claims.

Nickelous Sulfate and Tin:  I was unable to locate any references discussing a need for humans to supplement with nickel or tin.

THE "NON-ACTIVE" INGREDIENTS

Though it could easily be argued by any functional medicine expert that the entire pill is non-active given the low dose of poorly absorbable, 

cheap nutrient varieties, more harm may actually be coming from the non-active ingredients, 
the binding agents and colourants used to make the pill a pill.

Pregelatinized Corn Starch: This is used as a binder to hold all of the ingredients together. It most likely a genetically modified corn, which presents a number of problems for sensitive people.

Talc: Has been implicated with increased risk of cancer.

Gelatin: Though not inherently a bad product, most of is manufactured from feed lot animal waste. And vegans and vegetarians best beware.

BHT: Butylated hydroxyanisole has been shown to be toxic to the liver, thyroid, kidney, lungs, and affecting blood coagulation. BHT can act as a tumour promoter.

Yellow 6 Lake:   Why is there food colouring in a health supplement? Also known as tartrazine or FD&C Yellow #6, this chemical is banned in some European countries. Side effects of ingestion can include gastric upset, diarrhea, vomiting, nettle rash (urticaria), swelling of the skin (angioedema) and migraines, it's also linked to hyperactivity in young children.

Red 40 Lake: Contains chemical compounds, including benzidine and 4-aminobiphenyl, that research has linked with cancer.

Hydrogenated Palm Oil: Hydrogenating any oil converts the fat into an unnatural structure that has shown to be toxic to the body. It forms strong free radicals associated with increased risk of cancer and heart disease.

Maltodextrin: Several studies have linked maltodextrin consumption to the suppression of “good bacteria” in the digestive system increasing risk of gastro symptoms and intestinal inflammation.

Crospovidone: There is an abundance of documented cases of serious allergenic response.

Sodium Benzoate: Especially dangerous because of its destructive effect on DNA. This means that the sodium benzoate consumed today may still be causing problems in future generations.

Sodium benzoate is known to specifically attack the mitochondria of DNA.

Sodium Aluminosilicate Used as a food additive for its anti caking effect.

well, it is made by Pfizer.... that says enough...

Thanks, but I will just stick to Lazada, even for their faults, at least it is easy to find what you want to buy.