Protesters burn down Wendy's in Atlanta after police shooting

webfact

13 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I'm not against shooting looters in the leg, not at all. I'm just saying the gun is there for when the cop fears for his life or the life of others. You can change the laws but not many have the skills to put the bullet in the leg only.

Then 3 shots to the leg(s) if the first don't stop them.... but can't you see the picture I am seeing?????? You fire a gun and those behind will run for safety.... thereby stopping the looting and catching their lerader at the same time.......

BLM  to whom exactly? not themselves obviously ,burning,looting their own communities.   Most blacks simply are totally and completely unemployable,period.   What happens then?free money is wanted     

This how it is,always will be,nothing will change unless the police use tactics to render the rioting ineffective...shoot more

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Lawyers representing the family of Brooks told reporters that Atlanta police had no right to use deadly force even if he had fired the TASER, a non-lethal weapon, in their direction.

"You can't shoot somebody unless they are pointing a gun at you," attorney Chris Stewart said.

I don't know where these lawyers live, but, even if I'm not a cop and I have a firearm in that situation, damn right I'd shoot. Someone points a taser or something that I could possibly identify as a handgun at me and I have a handgun, I'd sure use it.

and I can't find where it says he was shot in the back twice?

Edited by Scott Tracy
Added question about being shot in the back
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

I don't know where these lawyers live, but, even if I'm not a cop and I have a firearm in that situation, damn right I'd shoot. Someone points a taser or something that I could possibly identify as a handgun at me and I have a handgun, I'd sure use it.

and I can't find where it says he was shot in the back twice?

Elsewhere it has been reported that the autopsy revealed that he took 2 shots in the back.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

A Taser has the ability to render a person temporarily disabled for up to 20 seconds.  During that time a person who turns it on an officer can remove the officers handgun and shoot the officer with his own weapon.  So in this case I see it as a no win situation for the man who took the taser and aimed it at the police officer.

That was my first thought when I saw the clip on the news earlier too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

So if you were an officer in Atlanta, and a drunk driver who failed a breath test, suddenly turned violent while being arrested, fought with and escaped from the officers, stealing a taser and running off, turned and aimed something, which might be the taser, might be a gun he had, you'd do what?

Remember you have a split second to decide and your life might depend on the call you make?

If the drunk driver had a gun, and shot the police, would you be calling for him to face the full rigour of the law too?

The cop has been fired.

I think that says enough about what should have been done.