Grab drivers ‘strike’ over huge cut in bonuses

snoop1130

35 minutes ago, tf6122 said:

A great reminder of how important tips can be to these hardworking folks. I am always happy to tip at least 40 baht and appreciate how much easier my life is because of these services. 

I do 10-20baht for normal delivery. 40baht if raining.

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

if people "work" from home, why not cook your own food, too lazy ?

Yes im a lazy <deleted>.. i don't cook every meal. Im supporting the local shops areyou to cheap to do so ?

• Like 1

Absolutely GREAT to hear they are on strike.  I am handicapped and can only walk short distances.  Now maybe all the handicapped parking slots at Tesco's and many other major shopping areas will not be totally filled with GRAB bikes waiting for customers.  It is absolutely disgraceful here in Thailand that people without any visible handicap fill up these spaces others have an actual need to use.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

If they work from home maybe they don't have time to go out to buy supplies to cook either?

Maybe they work from home with children still away from schools, going out is not an option.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Importantly, we have to rush to do more deliveries to score more points … which is putting us and others at risk of accidents.”

Putting them at risk? They and the other delivery service(s) such as Panda in CM are now the single most dangerous factor of being out on the roads. Their flagrant disregard to other peoples safety while speeding out of control is atrocious. Now they are saying they will essentially be more callous on the roads is fully unacceptable and out of line..

My wife's sister sells shrimps and Grab company takes 35% from the price of the goods they deliver.

On the other hand, their employees are staying without bonuses.

Someone is getting greedy. Guess who

45 minutes ago, WebGuy said:

My wife's sister sells shrimps and Grab company takes 35% from the price of the goods they deliver.

It’s 30% but they are still greedy Fs

1 hour ago, WebGuy said:

Possibly Anthony Tan, the Malaysian owner of GRAB???

1 hour ago, WebGuy said:

She can always NOT use grab. I mean nobody forces anyone to work for grab or to use them as a sales partner. Grab needs to make money too. They have employees to pay software to pay (not talking about the drivers they get paid from the delivery fee)

So far grab has not made a profit yet.

Edited by robblok
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dlclark97 said:

It is absolutely disgraceful here in Thailand that people without any visible handicap fill up these spaces others have an actual need to use.

A handicap does not have to be "visible" to qualify as disabled.  I sympathise with your circumstances but, regardless of your disability, it is not your place to judge others who may have medical conditions that are not obvious to you.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dlclark97 said:

It is absolutely disgraceful here in Thailand that people without any visible handicap fill up these spaces others have an actual need to use.

What a silly, ridiculous comment !!

When i am sitting in the passenger seat of our pickup, i look perfectly ok, but i am not, i am paraplegic.

Sitting in the pickup in Tesco car park, wife in the store shopping, man comes over tells me to move the pickup out of the disabled bay.

Do not judge others, unless/ until you know for sure whether they are disabled or not.

Edited by colinneil
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Love Grab.  I have a hard time getting around and they have helped me many times.  I don't understand why grab car rides are sometimes double the price of normal taxi.  I thought they would be cheaper.

I also order food, but I am constantly having problems with drivers having a hard time finding my address.  I live just over samut prakarn border.  Their app and also the websites for tops, villa, tesco will not take my address directly.  It grabs the building across the street.  ok,  so I tell them the real number and give a description.  Still, I constantly get calls and have to go through long explanation to get them here.

I created a great info page with gps, maps, photos but none of them seem to have the tech ability to use it.   I'm a repeat customer, you would think they could handle it..  So, while wanting to tip every time it gets hard to do it under these conditions.

Edited by beherenow888
add info

9 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

Time value of shopping prepping cooking and clean up.

Most people here get a "missus", whatever that is.

Little expensive for me I would rather do delivery or eat out.

9 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes im a lazy <deleted>.. i don't cook every meal. Im supporting the local shops areyou to cheap to do so ?

I am not lazy either.

I cook all my meals, after realizing that the local meals are not a result of cooking. It is the result of heating up some meat and vegetables, and pouring sauce on top, sauce straight from Super Cheap stores. In reality, Super Cheap is the cook. These sauces contain a minimum of 20% of sugar, up to 30% or so.

I prepare my own sauces, without adding any sugar, no sugar.

This sugar is everywhere, makes people sick and fat. Check with the USA.

I will no longer eat any Thai food. I consider it poison... Slow working poison. And my health got better, and my Thai doctor tells me that I am doing the right thing. Cook at home he says.

And I will not support someone trying to poison me, even if they are not aware of it...

Just a nice addition to nicotine for them I presume...

6 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

I am not lazy either.

I cook all my meals, after realizing that the local meals are not a result of cooking. It is the result of heating up some meat and vegetables, and pouring sauce on top, sauce straight from Super Cheap stores. In reality, Super Cheap is the cook. These sauces contain a minimum of 20% of sugar, up to 30% or so.

I prepare my own sauces, without adding any sugar, no sugar.

This sugar is everywhere, makes people sick and fat. Check with the USA.

I will no longer eat any Thai food. I consider it poison... Slow working poison. And my health got better, and my Thai doctor tells me that I am doing the right thing. Cook at home he says.

And I will not support someone trying to poison me, even if they are not aware of it...

Just a nice addition to nicotine for them I presume...

You do know you can order food from "Jones Salad" too not much sugar in that. 

10 hours ago, robblok said:

I like to know what's in my meal.

Plus my wife is a chef who I kidnapped from a 5 star Bangkok hotel :licklips:

16 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a silly, ridiculous comment !!

When i am sitting in the passenger seat of our pickup, i look perfectly ok, but i am not, i am paraplegic.

Sitting in the pickup in Tesco car park, wife in the store shopping, man comes over tells me to move the pickup out of the disabled bay.

Do not judge others, unless/ until you know for sure whether they are disabled or not.

I believe his point is that people (Thais and Falong) park is handicap spaces at will. It's good when someone challenges this so as to keep the spaces clear for those in need. You should of answered that you are disabled and unable to walk. However, you wife was the one going into the store and you were staying in the car, so I guess she could have used a regular space (unless she is also handicapped).

Not ridiculous at all