still quarantine for a recovered person?

Say, a person has recovered, whether it be in a hospital or on their own, or especially if a person wasn't aware he was sick -- assymptomatic and wasn't tested.

Yet, almost in every country over the course of, supposedely, a year from now on, he'll have to present a certificate with a *fresh* test. Each test costs around $80 in any country. And it must be fresh - 48 hours priour to a flight, otherwise a person won't be allowed to board a plane.

Or undergo a quarantine. Or get tested uppon arrival, even if it's for free.

Right?

Edited by dastakantattaka

This really is an important idea, I am fairly sure I had covid back in February. If I took an antibody test now that shows that I did, it would make sense I could travel to Thailand. But I have heard nothing about this. Why quarantine the immune?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

This really is an important idea, I am fairly sure I had covid back in February. If I took an antibody test now that shows that I did, it would make sense I could travel to Thailand. But I have heard nothing about this. Why quarantine the immune?

The answer is.........????????????????????

• Like 2

18 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

Whether immunity occurs among individuals after they have recovered from Covid 19 is yet uncertain. Another coronavirus influenza does not provide immunity upon recovery.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

A positive antibody test should be more than a replacement for a negative PCR test and it should also make quarantine obsolete.

But they don’t think that far, obviously.

"They" think much further ahead than most people realise. Watch this space.

Whether you need a PCR test or not is dependent on the country of destination and the airline policy. I'm booked on Turkish Airlines next week and the only requirement is temperarure check in Istanbul and then quarantine in ths UK when I arrive there. Biggest issue at the moment is that the flight schedule has changed 3 times this week already and the flight is now on hold due to Covid cases in Kazakhstan.

5 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Whether you need a PCR test or not is dependent on the country of destination and the airline policy. I'm booked on Turkish Airlines next week and the only requirement is temperarure check in Istanbul and then quarantine in ths UK when I arrive there. Biggest issue at the moment is that the flight schedule has changed 3 times this week already and the flight is now on hold due to Covid cases in Kazakhstan.

I believe this type of flight disruption will be an ongoing thing for sometime as the virus sweeps around the world creating new hot spots.  Until there is proof that once you have had the virus you have a certain time frame of immunity (that an antibody test can ID), there is an inoculation to prevent infection (that's going to be later next year at the earliest), or an acceptance that you can only try to keep the rate of infection down (so hospitals are not overrun) and carry on as normal as possible, these travel hiccups are going to be normal.  It is going to be interesting to see what happens when flights start to try to get back to normal with so many people having waited to get to where they need to go (such as myself, stuck in the US away from family since Jan 12th).  Logistical nightmare.

On 6/16/2020 at 10:29 PM, canuckamuck said:

No one knows if you are actually immune. Even WHO are not 100% sure. 

On 6/17/2020 at 10:32 PM, DrPhibes said:

I believe this type of flight disruption will be an ongoing thing for sometime as the virus sweeps around the world creating new hot spots.  Until there is proof that once you have had the virus you have a certain time frame of immunity (that an antibody test can ID), there is an inoculation to prevent infection (that's going to be later next year at the earliest), or an acceptance that you can only try to keep the rate of infection down (so hospitals are not overrun) and carry on as normal as possible, these travel hiccups are going to be normal.  It is going to be interesting to see what happens when flights start to try to get back to normal with so many people having waited to get to where they need to go (such as myself, stuck in the US away from family since Jan 12th).  Logistical nightmare.

Agreed, I have been stuck waiting for a flight since March, I also haven't seen my wife since January because she went home to Bangkok for a holiday, so I feel you pain at least a bit. To be honest I'm glad she made it home, she feels safer in our home than she would have done here. My flight is to the UK as a stepping stone and to visit my 84 year old father. I have never lived or worked in the UK so don't know anyone else there. Not an ideal stepping stone country but I'm still a citizen, so the only place I could get to. Strange times we live in.