SALE OF LAND - COMPLETION DOCUMENTS

This concerns the use of money transferred from a Thai bank to a UK bank and intended for the purchase of UK property.

As part of the conveyancing, UK Solicitors, bound by anti-money laundering law, are required to determine that money intended for the purchase is 'clean'. To enable that, copies of documents are required thus:

1. Document(s) from Land Office showing the purchase price (a Bill of Sale)

2. Copies of bank statement showing the deposit into the Thai bank account

3. Copies of bank statement showing Outward Remittance(s) to the UK account

4. Copies of the UK bank statements showing Inward Remittance deposit

My question is, what (apart from a Tax Receipt) does a Thailand Land Office issue showing the sale transaction and the actual amount paid by the Buyer to the Seller, i.e. a Bill of Sale?

I am aware that there are three amounts in play. The land value as calculated by the Land Office, the sale price declared by the Buyer and Seller in order to reduce the Tax paid and the actual amount paid by the Buyer to the Seller.

If the 'document' issue by the Land Office is lower than the actual amount paid to the seller then the lower amount only would be seen as 'clean' money and the difference as potentially 'dirty'

How then can one present the actual amount as legitimate cash? Comments invited.

The land office issues a Sale Document signed by the buyer, the seller and land office staff. This document lists the sale price as declared to the land office.

There is more than one variation of this document depending on what was sold (land, condominium, etc.) but they all look roughly the same.

I'm going to close this topic. Thaivisa is not the place to discuss how to misrepresent proceeds gained from evading tax in Thailand in an effort to then circumvent UK anti money laundering legislation.