Jetliner restaurant taxis for take-off in Korat

snoop1130

Jetliner restaurant taxis for take-off in Korat

By The Nation

800_99baed87489e1ec.jpg

A Nakhon Ratchasima entrepreneur has turned an Airbus A330-300 jetliner into a restaurant, hoping that his new business will soar after being grounded by lockdown.

Sirikorn Phimparat, 33, manager of Airway Land, said the Airbus was being refurbished as a tourist attraction and unique dining option.

Inside, diners will find the atmosphere of air travel faithfully recreated, even down to the waitresses dressed as flight attendants. However, they can expect an upgrade on the quality of airline food.

After “landing” and disembarking from the plane, customers can gallop straight into another fantasy world. Horses raised by the restaurant stand ready to whisk them off into the land of cowboys.

The double-themed attraction is scheduled to open at the end of this year, but customers will buckle in with strict anti-virus safety instructions.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30389777

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-06-17

• Haha 1

Obviously this plane will never fly. Simply a theme restaurant like a train car restaurant etc.  It is an interesting idea and even though the plane will never fly the idea might. 

Initially the novelty will drew customers, I would be a great place to take a date that has never been on a plane to dinner. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Obviously this plane will never fly. Simply a theme restaurant like a train car restaurant etc.  It is an interesting idea and even though the plane will never fly the idea might. 

Initially the novelty will drew customers, I would be a great place to take a date that has never been on a plane to dinner. 

But where's the go go poles?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

When I lived in Naypyitaw (Myanmar), I often ate at 'Cafe Flight' restaurant.

cafeflight1.jpg.1ed393b6b55266fdb82d72a22e0c862b.jpg

cafe-flight2.jpg

Interesting, the customer photos from TripAdvisor (2nd below) look fairly different from what I presume are the "official" photos from the restaurant (first below). Wonder which is closer to reality?

Screenshot_2.jpg.d3b4f536a0e9521739a684edc9541c5a.jpg

Screenshot_1.jpg.710e2092fbbfbef830cd744b11fc68f7.jpg

PS - CNN even did a piece a couple years back on aircraft around the world that have been converted into eating establishments. 

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/airplanes-turned-restaurants/index.html

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

9 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Another article where they don't bother to tell you what most people would be curious to know -- where/what airline did the plane come from? 

From the OP photo, it looks like it certainly could use some sprucing up on the exterior. 

It looks to me like its ex Thai Airways going by the colour of the tail, which looks purple, and also the colour of the inside of the wingtip on the right hand side of the photo, which is definitely purple. Plus it's also ex Star Alliance as shown by the logo just aft of the cockpit windows, of which Thai Airways is a member.

• Like 2

I wish him well. They make diners out of old rail cars. Why not an old A-330. I hope he's got the location part worked out correctly. After all, so much depends on location, location, location.

I won't be popping up to Nakhon Ratchasima to try it out, but hopefully for him the local residence will. Good Luck!!

That is how I remember "the quality of airline food" from when I was young in the World, as it once was...

Servering-hos-SAS(1969).jpg.a788b218e733a6fe2edf8ba3a2ae9abd.jpg

–look forward to what the "upgrade" is like...????

Edited by khunPer