Months before election, Trump finds himself at odds with most Americans' views

webfact

3 hours ago, candide said:

It seems you are confusing opinions with facts

Confusing opinions with facts is what people who watch the hysterical fake news media do. Unfortunately the left hold a majority stake in this department. And just to clarify for your benefit, the most part of my previous comment which you quoted was in response to the predictable nonsense stating that President Trump is a racist bla bla bla etc. Just boring Democrat talking points that are false.

I also stated clearly that I was not going to debate the economy for the simple reason that economists disagree on this topic depending on who is asking the questions and what questions are being asked. No link I post will change your mind because you are too invested in the anti Trump narrative. I have read and watched several articles and interviews debunking the claim that Obama is responsible for the Trump economy. The bottom line here is that you want to believe that, so no opposing viewpoint, facts, or evidence, will change your mind or even cause you to consider the possibility. Quite sad really, but par for the course.

Edited by Masterton
  • Confused 2

It seems like he's possibly even finding himself at odds with a majority of Texans. At least according to the latest Fox News poll.

Fox News Poll: Texas tossup, Biden-Trump a one-point race

Texas is a tossup, as Democrat Joe Biden tops President Donald Trump by a percentage point, 45-44 percent, in a new Fox News survey of Texas registered voters.

Ten percent are up for grabs, and this small subgroup of voters is more likely to disapprove than approve of Trump’s job performance by 52-34 percent.

The good news for Trump: he bests Biden by 51-45 percent among those “extremely” motivated to vote in the election.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-poll-texas-tossup-biden-trump-a-one-point-race

Edited by johnpetersen

11 hours ago, Masterton said:

Confusing opinions with facts is what people who watch the hysterical fake news media do. Unfortunately the left hold a majority stake in this department. And just to clarify for your benefit, the most part of my previous comment which you quoted was in response to the predictable nonsense stating that President Trump is a racist bla bla bla etc. Just boring Democrat talking points that are false.

I also stated clearly that I was not going to debate the economy for the simple reason that economists disagree on this topic depending on who is asking the questions and what questions are being asked. No link I post will change your mind because you are too invested in the anti Trump narrative. I have read and watched several articles and interviews debunking the claim that Obama is responsible for the Trump economy. The bottom line here is that you want to believe that, so no opposing viewpoint, facts, or evidence, will change your mind or even cause you to consider the possibility. Quite sad really, but par for the course.

We thank our good fortune that you are here to tell us what is correct and true.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Phulublub said:

For the avoidance of doubt, are you saying that Trump is not a racist?

PH

Of course he isn't. The fact that you even consider that he is shows how brainwashed you are by the pro Democrat fake news media. They always seem to wheel out the racist card like clockwork whenever his popularity starts rising amongst black voters. The Democrats know full well that if Trump gets 20% of the black vote they will lose the election. This is all about politics. And you all fall for it.... Sigh.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Masterton said:

Of course he isn't. The fact that you even consider that he is shows how brainwashed you are by the pro Democrat fake news media. They always seem to wheel out the racist card like clockwork whenever his popularity starts rising amongst black voters. The Democrats know full well that if Trump gets 20% of the black vote they will lose the election. This is all about politics. And you all fall for it.... Sigh.

And how people can turn a blind eye to facts always staggers the imagination.

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, J Town said:

And how people can turn a blind eye to facts always staggers the imagination.

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history

Oh please. This is the problem. People in the fake news echo chamber post links to other fake news in order to back up their "views". And all the clapping seals clap. Do you seriously consider Vox to be a credible news source ? Wasn't Vox the website that published the fake Russian dossier? Do you even understand what racism is ? That article was complete BS, most things listed in there don't even have anything to do with racism. Ridiculous. Come on, you really need to do better than this. Wouldn't surprise me if Vox put out a follow up article saying Trump is racist because he enjoys black coffee with his KFC.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Masterton said:

Oh please. This is the problem. People in the fake news echo chamber post links to other fake news in order to back up their "views". And all the clapping seals clap. Do you seriously consider Vox to be a credible news source ? Wasn't Vox the website that published the fake Russian dossier? Do you even understand what racism is ? That article was complete BS, most things listed in there don't even have anything to do with racism. Ridiculous. Come on, you really need to do better than this. Wouldn't surprise me if Vox put out a follow up article saying Trump is racist because he enjoys black coffee with his KFC.

I knew you'd respond this way. It was just the first link that came up on a search. READ the article then try and refute ONE BIT of it. (Hint - you can't)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Opl said:

and so then why do white supremacists support Trump ? 

Wow, what a really intelligent question. (it wasn't)

Why don't you ask them? Or would you prefer they supported Biden? Why do the Antifa and BLM thugs support the Democrats? Why did the guy who shot up the congress people playing baseball support Sanders? 

Wow

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Opl said:

too late, I don't need to ask them, Candide gave a sensitive and convincing  response without mincing words, thanks for your input anyway,  

If you actively defend a racist, then what does that make you?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Opl said:

too late, I don't need to ask them, Candide gave a sensitive and convincing  response without mincing words, thanks for your input anyway,  

Very well deflected. Bravo! Did you ever consider a career in politics?  ???? ????

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

How about an interesting related speculative question?

I think it's clear to all rational people that if the election was held today, 45 would lose and quite possibly lose by a landslide. There is strong polling evidence for that. Massive leads for Biden in swing states, etc.

But the election isn't being held today. 

But here's the fun question.

Supposing republicans start to feel that associating with 45 means their party will be massacred. Losing not only the white house but all of congress as well. 

So what if they decided to actually do something about it?

Talking about replacing 45 for the election.

So who would help them?

Pence, I don't think so. He's just a 45 yes man straight version of Anderson Cooper. 

Cruz? Kind of looks like Dr. Evil these days.

John Kasich? A nice fellow no doubt but too "rino" for most republicans.

Rubio? OK, maybe.

Nikki Haley. She went all in for 45 recently. Tainted.

Believe it or not, I think the best shot for republicans in the very unlikely event of replacing 45 for the election is ... Jeb Bush. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Believe it or not, I think the best shot for republicans in the very unlikely event of replacing 45 for the election is ... Jeb Bush. 

Stadtler believes that you believe. 

Stadtler would yawn, but he's too tired.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Perhaps you should try it some time then. 

Telling me I am some sort of fake news junky who has no mind of my own and merely regurgitate what I am fed is not, to my mind, a pleasant way to conduct a discussion.

PH

Touché!

Tucker Carlson Says 'Exhausted' Trump Faces Losing 2020 Election

At the start of his opening monologue, Carlson said: "Not many people are saying it out loud on the right, but the fact is President Trump could well lose this election. In fact, unless fundamental facts change soon, it could be tough for him to be re-elected.

https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carlson-trump-election-1513567

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phulublub said:

Perhaps you should try it some time then. 

Telling me I am some sort of fake news junky who has no mind of my own and merely regurgitate what I am fed is not, to my mind, a pleasant way to conduct a discussion.

I suppose this would be a good time to remind you about the "pleasant way" you initially conducted yourself in the discussion. You basically implied that people who don't share your left leaning progressive world view are, and I quote, "insular, arrogant, me-first, racist, antagonistic, homophobic, xenophobic cry babies".  Wow. Did I leave anything out ?? 

You also said that "The World has been (mis) run by Anglo Saxon males for too long.  It is well beyond time for change." Oh really PH ? Did you forget to add heterosexual and Christian? What you said, in addition to being inane, is blatantly racist AND sexist. Interesting. ????