96 revellers at Bangkok pub charged with violating emergency decree

webfact

Can't be true it's just a Fake Illusion.

Interesting how they can deduce from a random drug test the type and amount of substances. Ya don't think it might have been a setup do ya ? Police are now judge and jury as well as forensic " experts" ! Kinda takes the revelry right outta ya ..

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Greg O said:

Can't be true it's just a Fake Illusion.

Interesting how they can deduce from a random drug test the type and amount of substances. Ya don't think it might have been a setup do ya ? Police are now judge and jury as well as forensic " experts" ! Kinda takes the revelry right outta ya ..

What's 'interesting' is that you didn't read the OP or, for some reason, you chose to fabricate your own version of it.  

The police did not "deduce" anything about the type and amount of the drugs even though they have eyes and experience and it's not unreasonable, based on visual evidence, to take an educated guess at what they were...

"Officials conducted urine tests at the scene and reportedly found 23 revellers -- 11 males and 12 females -- had purple urine, indicating the use of narcotics. Police also reportedly found over 20 zip-lock bags containing a substance that looked like methamphetamine and sent them to a lab for detailed examination".

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andrew65 said:

In the UK the cops do road side drugs tests on drivers, they're able to detect cocaine & cannabis.

They're catching more drug-drivers than they are drunk-drivers.

indeed. it is the same in most modern cities i would expect.

6 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:
11 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

The pub wasn't drinking, gathering in large numbers or consuming narcotics!

The pub allowed it. Drugs are another topic.

Drug consumption/possession are this topic.   Breaking the current restrictions on public gatherings, drinking alcohol and taking drugs there are the responsibility of the individuals concerned also.  That 'the pub' permitted it doesn't absolve them from their offences.

Edited by Bob A Kneale

5 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Drug consumption/possession are this topic.   Breaking the current restrictions on public gatherings, drinking alcohol and taking drugs there are the responsibility of the individuals concerned also.  That 'the pub' permitted it doesn't absolve them from their offences.

I would bet the pub had some food offerings or peanuts to eat. How can the pub tell if you are sneaking taking drugs? More or less a social gathering rather than an all for one and one for all.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Mak25 said:

This picture is not Fake Illusion. It is Fake Club in Ratchada.

Absolutely right.  Screen grabbed a photo to add. But does it matter in the grand scheme of things.  But then there are those who like to be perfectionists and point out all of the ills in society as well as what is posted.  It is unfortunately why the World is is such a quandary.  Just can not leave well enough alone....lol

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

96 revelers at Bangkok pub charged with violating emergency decree

This treasonous monkey business is positively shocking. Obviously disloyal and subversive elements are trying to take advantage of the government’s kindness and leniency.

It’s now abundantly clear that Democratic Thailand needs the Emergency Decree to guarantee national security.....and the health and welfare of the public demands that it become a permanent fixture of progressive, benevolent, enlightened, rightful, and eternal military rule.

Good order is paramount and must be maintained at all costs.

Edited by Hayduke

Bangkok use to have the most vibrant nightlife scene until the 2014 coup and then it started to decrease. Away from the sukhumvit I still found gems open until 4am and later, sadly these might not survive and Bangkok will really have lost it's spark.

Edited by tribalfusion001
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Bangkok use to have the most vibrant nightlife scene until the 2014 coup and then it started to decrease. Away from the sukhumvit I still found gems open until 4am and later, sadly these might not survive and Bangkok will really will have lost it's spark.

The roof top bars were a spot unto there own.  It was why I entered into an agreement on my Penthouse Condo, so That instead of going out I could have friends over and sit on the large Balconies.  From the View I have I can see all of the fireworks displays during the new year and whenever else they want to light up the night Sky.  Birdseye view of CRU from my Largest balcony and of course the vibrant lights of the city.  Alas with the curfew and closures not so many late night fancy and colorful lights...

• Like 1

no mention of race so I guess all Thai.  

I was never one to enjoy a party past 2 am and that messed up my next day.  thai clubs to loud for me and smoking allowed.   20 years behind common sense.   maybe the drug use was discrete?  since a low % purple.  I don't suggest anyone travel to Thailand anymore but  when I did advise people I told them make sure you don't smoke marijuana before you go to Thailand in case you have to pee on a strip.