Tourists banned from first wave of ‘travel bubbles’, says Anutin

webfact

On 6/19/2020 at 6:25 PM, Walker88 said:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0965-6

According to this article, based on a Chinese study of those infected earliest with Covid-19, immunity gained via antibodies may only last 2-3 months.

The figure for SARS is 1 year and for MERS 34 months.

If this initial research is correct, the idea of 'herd immunity' is almost pointless, and even a vaccine may be of limited short term value, since the purpose of a vaccine is to have the body produce antibodies.

The negative implications of this early research are staggering.

I think it remains a scientifically evolving issue at present... But yes, from everything I've read on this thus far...

Not everyone who actually contracts the CV comes away with enough of the right kind of antibodies to confer future immunity. And among that smaller portion that do have enough of the right kind of antibodies to confer future immunity, they don't seem to last all that long.

So the general discussion I've been reading on this is, the future vaccine -- if a successful one is developed -- may end up having to be a repeated seasonal thing like the flu vaccines, not a one time and your done type thing.  A lot on this issue, however, remains still under research.

43 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think it remains a scientifically evolving issue at present... But yes, from everything I've read on this thus far...

Not everyone who actually contracts the CV comes away with enough of the right kind of antibodies to confer future immunity. And among that smaller portion that do have enough of the right kind of antibodies to confer future immunity, they don't seem to last all that long.

So the general discussion I've been reading on this is, the future vaccine -- if a successful one is developed -- may end up having to be a repeated seasonal thing like the flu vaccines, not a one time and your done type thing.  A lot on this issue, however, remains still under research.

I think you may well be right.

The scientists already agree that the initial virus mutated to what they call the Italian version. This sucker seems to like us too much to die out like SARS

I'm pretty sanguine that when I go in to get my annual flu shot, I'll be adding to that, Covid-20/21/22/23......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GinBoy2 said:

I think you may well be right.

The scientists already agree that the initial virus mutated to what they call the Italian version. This sucker seems to like us too much to die out like SARS

I'm pretty sanguine that when I go in to get my annual flu shot, I'll be adding to that, Covid-20/21/22/23......

There's no such a thing as the Italian version, still with this bs nonsense.

There have been many mutation and it was NEVER proved to have any major difference from each other.

Or you want to tell me the Italian version is different from the French,Spanish or Iranian one?

Edited by Anton9
  • Thanks 2

On 6/19/2020 at 4:47 PM, DaRoadrunner said:

This could easily change when other members of the Govt ask genius Anutin where he thinks Thailand gets its money from...... (But they are dirty!

Anutin , and the Junta, will be in control , for a long time .

They are not concerned in the least , about income from farlangs ..

i have a thai friend a thai billionaire.he would never want to be in cliche like that.even thou he could.he would prefer to  be like anybody else in thailand.he would wait until  all this is over so he could travel.I imagine like many I will wait until this is over  and then return.end of the year all this should be history and all back to normal

• Haha 1

On 6/19/2020 at 12:04 PM, Justgrazing said:

Hubble , bubble , toil and trouble as far as tourists bubbles go then .. 

Try a rabies one first .. might stop the distemper when he opens his gob .. 

No - the Trump one. Clorox

4 hours ago, tomauasia said:

They will be broke and riots

No , they the Army aka Goverment , have big Tanks , and Gold too much.

They stay big boss , long time ..

Riots , i think not , thai culture , not have the balls ..

Red shirts , just a memory ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, elliss said:

No , they the Army aka Goverment , have big Tanks , and Gold too much.

They stay big boss , long time ..3

Riots , i think not , thai culture , not have the balls ..

Red shirts , just a memory ..

You wish