Exclusive: 'Sorry is not enough', Caribbean states say of British slavery apologies

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

If you'd like to send me a list, I'm happy to help you check.

No need, I take great care over who I invest in.

From your posts I feel I wouldn’t trust your judgement in this area. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Even though you couldn't even remember whether you had shares in Lloyds.  

Ah, I believe I said I didn’t believe I did but I’d check. Always best to check eh.

Nice to see I was 100% correct in my belief

Notice how you keep ignoring fact I’ve said happy to take financial hit...now why is that?

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I don’t know, however the point is moot.

I’ve already said I’m willing to accept the financial hit if any of my investments turn out to have such a sordid history that they end up paying reparations. 

Which would result in less monetary return for you ?

Shrewd investing ; Dont invest in Companies that were involved in the slave trade because profits may fall if repatriations are made 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

Which would result in less monetary return for you ?

Shrewd investing ; Dont invest in Companies that were involved in the slave trade because profits may fall if repatriations are made 

If I lose because of my failing to do due diligence then so be it.

Not happened yet. 

As to how well I’m doing, none of your business. 

• Sad 1

Honestly feel bad about what my great great... hmm... great grandfather did. But I dont want to be saddled with his misdeeds. I am not responsible for his actions. I certainly feel assistance with development should not be the result of emotional blackmail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

I didnt ask how you were doing , just pointing out that you made the decision based on monetary gain, rather than morally 

Good, glad you didn’t ask as it’s none of your business. 

Likewise why I invest as I do. 

28 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Ah, I believe I said I didn’t believe I did but I’d check. Always best to check eh.

Nice to see I was 100% correct in my belief

Notice how you keep ignoring fact I’ve said happy to take financial hit...now why is that?

Are you confusing Lloyds of London underwriters where you can become a member or "name", with Lloyds TSB banking and mortgage brokers where you can buy shares? I believe the business being tenuously linked to the racist witch-hunt is the former.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

No need to be so rude .

Twice now you have told me that its "none of my business" and I havent once yet asked how your shares are doing .

You are being rude for no reason   

Yeah sure. 

3 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Are you confusing Lloyds of London underwriters where you can become a member or "name", with Lloyds TSB banking and mortgage brokers where you can buy shares? I believe the business being tenuously linked to the racist witch-hunt is the former.

There was no such confusion. I referred to the company in the op. 

That I am unaware of how to profit from them is further proof I’ve never even thought about them as an investment. 

Edited by Bluespunk

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

There was no such confusion. I referred to the company in the op. 

That I am unaware of how to profit from them is further proof I’ve never even thought about them as an investment. 

You should take care to not falsely smear Lloyds bank with Lloyds of London, they are unrelated. After Lloyds of London has now been called racist for deeds done hundreds of years ago, everybody must join in the chorus and bash Lloyds underwriters. If anybody fails to bash and trash Lloyds it is possible they themselves are a closet slaver/racist/witch and thus should be cancelled from all social media and lose their job and family etc etc. Off to change my Facebook profile to something showing rage and hate to Lloyds of London in case any of my friends think I am an evil racist and do not care for popular marxist and dismantling of capitalism and the police movements. Why is life so complicated in the age of enlightened liberalism?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TopDeadSenter said:

You should take care to not falsely smear Lloyds bank with Lloyds of London, they are unrelated. After Lloyds of London has now been called racist for deeds done hundreds of years ago, everybody must join in the chorus and bash Lloyds underwriters. If anybody fails to bash and trash Lloyds it is possible they themselves are a closet slaver/racist/witch and thus should be cancelled from all social media and lose their job and family etc etc. Off to change my Facebook profile to something showing rage and hate to Lloyds of London in case any of my friends think I am an evil racist and do not care for popular marxist and dismantling of capitalism and the police movements. Why is life so complicated in the age of enlightened liberalism?

Didn’t read beyond your false claim I smeared anyone. Show me the post where I did that and I’ll read the rest. 

Edited by Bluespunk

2 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

and this OUR fault how or why...  look who got filthy rich from those trades... 

you can point at the kings & queens from European countries and most are still in power & get TAX PAYER money for their expenses

Have you looked up your families involvement in anything.......?   NO, because it would be near impossible, But, YOU could have relatives that were involved in questionable stuff, same as me.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

If you deliberately didnt invest with them because of their links with the slave trade , why did you just need to go and check as to whether you have invested with them or not ?

Already answered this. Read the thread. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bluespunk said:

Didn’t read beyond your false claim I smeared anyone. Show me the post where I did that and read the rest. 

Now one thing we do know is that the German government of the day enslaved and murdered 6,000,000 Jewish people, and killed millions of others....You, me, and most of us KNOW they did, so should Germany pay for their genocide as you seem to think WE should pay for the slavery thing from centuries back.... ?

PS. Now please don't fuddle-duddle, just a yes or no will do, that is not confusing..

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Honestly feel bad about what my great great... hmm... great grandfather did. But I dont want to be saddled with his misdeeds. I am not responsible for his actions. I certainly feel assistance with development should not be the result of emotional blackmail.

Given my ancestry I feel very confident that my forebears had nothing to do with slavery.

All you guys that had British, Scandinavian, Italian, African, Egyptian, Arabic and Asian ancestors can carry on and apologise though.