Exclusive: 'Sorry is not enough', Caribbean states say of British slavery apologies

snoop1130

37 minutes ago, transam said:

Back then us British sent their own to Australia for stealing a loaf of bread, or even hanged them, press gangs lifted drunks off the streets and threw them aboard ships to be away for months on end.

Sailors were keel hauled for being naughty too. Occupied gallows were at crossroads to warn naughty folk of their possible demise. Folk were even put on the "Rack" to be stretched, pull their bones out of their sockets, hung drawn and quartered whilst still alive even..

Things have changed a tad since then though...????

Since then they let the women free.....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, transam said:

So do we pursue the Romans, Normans, Germans for financial closure regarding their atrocities...?

The Briti didn't want the Romans to leave, they knew what the Viking hordes would do to them once the Romans had gone.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, transam said:

Anyone would think that today there were no black folk in jobs of authority or prestige, ie, police, the military, government, actors, musicians, companies, even Royalty circles.

There is no limit to what black folk could, can or have achieved in this modern day world...

I see Bluespunk is confused with my above post, so tell me what is confusing for you...? 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, baansgr said:

That was stealing, different kettle of fish....in fact there are probably more descendants of slaves alive today because of what happened, so reparations should be paid to the slavers and ole whiteys descendents

Not at all. It was compensation for deaths, imprisonment, all kinds of things.

I doubt that stealing human beings will give a better negotiation position to the UK.

After all many died in the slave trade. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1