Thailand safe from Covid-infected salmon imports: Fisheries Dept

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, NB1986 said:

The biggest joke is, even the first outbreak in Wuhan they couldnt prove where it came from, but now second outbreak ofcourse commies pointing fingers to Norway now they are 100% 

nope, not anymore, there is a new version that salmon has nothing to do with it, but as always China prefers the blaming game

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-claims-new-coronavirus-outbreak-in-beijing-is-under-control

Subsequent tests for the coronavirus in food imports, conducted across the country following the market outbreak, were all negative, a customs administration notice added.

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pharmed Salmon is what we can buy here in Thailand. It might be covid free, but the amount of chemicals used to produce this fish, makes it unhealthy to consume. PCBs, dioxins, DDT and dieldrin, as well as Canthaxanthin and Emamectin benzoate are being used to raise the salmon.  AFAIK wild salmon though is healthy but not available in Thailand.

• Like 1

Title:

"Thailand safe from Covid-infected salmon imports: Fisheries Dept"

Final CONTRADICTIVE conclusion:

"Moreover, there is no evidence that fish can carry the Covid-19 virus since their respiratory systems are different from those of mammals,” said the director-general.

So this is how the media works (for governments) nowadays... click bait, misinformation, anything to draw attention. And lots of sheep reading and not thinking for themselves.

Useless reporting...

Just now, fxe1200 said:

Pharmed Salmon is what we can buy here in Thailand. It might be covid free, but the amount of chemicals used to produce this fish, makes it unhealthy to consume. PCBs, dioxins, DDT and dieldrin, as well as Canthaxanthin and Emamectin benzoate are being used to raise the salmon.  AFAIK wild salmon though is healthy but not available in Thailand.

where did you get all that info from then?

15 hours ago, ukrules said:

I know exactly why the salmon was found to be infected with traces of COVID.

It came from the employees at the markets. Have you seen the Chinese, standing around hocking up a lung full of phlegm every 10 minutes or so and eventually spitting it somewhere?

That mouth full of phlegm is full of COVID if they're infected and some of it ends up on the food, in this case salmon.

Strangely this COVID food contamination only seems to happen in China, a place where they love to clear their throats of all phlegm with great regularity.

????

i would bet the same would happen in a local Thai wet market if it was staffed by infected Thai workers. Poor handling of the fish will cause contamination. It doesn't take much. 

32 minutes ago, mikecha said:

where did you get all that info from then?

Wild salmon is not available in most places around the world. Most is farm raised. And how would one know if it was really wild caught salmon, if someone tried to sell it as such? I've eaten salmon, probably weekly, for the last 10 years. Nothing wrong with my last blood and urine tests. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Authorities have moved to quell fears that a second wave of the Covid-19 outbreak in China could spread to Thailand via imported salmon.

Lordy, lordy the nonsense that the "authorities" and media use to frighten the heck out of the unwashed masses. 

20 hours ago, Mavideol said:

nope, not anymore, there is a new version that salmon has nothing to do with it, but as always China prefers the blaming game

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-claims-new-coronavirus-outbreak-in-beijing-is-under-control

Subsequent tests for the coronavirus in food imports, conducted across the country following the market outbreak, were all negative, a customs administration notice added.

how is that a "new version"?  tests of other stuff in other locations were negative.  that doesn't change the positive tests from the beijing market.  and did the chinesers actually blame the dirty norwegians?  they claimed the positives were from boards used to cut imported salmon, meaning the virus could have been from the fish or the workers.

it's not UN-possible.  masks from china and test kits from south korea were sent to europe where they tested positive.  no reason the surface of a fish couldn't be contaminated by the phlegm of an infected fisherman or seafood processing factory worker.  less likely than contamination by a vendor or customer at the market, but still possible.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

how is that a "new version"?  tests of other stuff in other locations were negative.  that doesn't change the positive tests from the beijing market.  and did the chinesers actually blame the dirty norwegians?  they claimed the positives were from boards used to cut imported salmon, meaning the virus could have been from the fish or the workers.

it's not UN-possible.  masks from china and test kits from south korea were sent to europe where they tested positive.  no reason the surface of a fish couldn't be contaminated by the phlegm of an infected fisherman or seafood processing factory worker.  less likely than contamination by a vendor or customer at the market, but still possible.

After the CCP’s absolute cover up, and f*** up of containing Wuhan, do you really think they deserve any benefit of the doubt? A regime that cries like a spoilt toddler when anyone accuses them of anything, but will in the drop of a hat just blame anyone else and say the most ridiculous and embarrassing things.

The resentment towards the CCP grows stronger and stronger every day. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

After the CCP’s absolute cover up, and f*** up of containing Wuhan, do you really think they deserve any benefit of the doubt? A regime that cries like a spoilt toddler when anyone accuses them of anything, but will in the drop of a hat just blame anyone else and say the most ridiculous and embarrassing things.

The resentment towards the CCP grows stronger and stronger every day. 

that's a lovely rant, but completely irrelevant.

i warmly invite you to respond to the content of my post.

5 hours ago, Bender Rodriguez said:

thai salmon fish comes from china and not norway ?

90% of all farmed salmon i.e in British Columbia is farmed by Norwegian companies. 90% of all farmed salmons on the Thai market comes from Norway or BC. Bon appétit!

36 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

that's a lovely rant, but completely irrelevant.

i warmly invite you to respond to the content of my post.

And yet it’s so true. 

You want me to respond to the idea that a fisherman may have phlegmed on some salmon which may be the cause to Beijing’s ‘wartime mode’ with their local outbreak? No, I won’t be doing that. I won’t be doing that because that theory is stupid. 

Edited by rkidlad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/19/2020 at 6:56 PM, snoop1130 said:

“Moreover, there is no evidence that fish can carry the Covid-19 virus since their respiratory systems are different from those of mammals,” said the director-general.

yeah....but nobody hypothesized that the fish was infected while alive.  the theory is that the surface of an expired fish became contaminated sometime between catching and shipping.

if beijing was covid-free for 55 days, then where did the outbreak come from?  we can assume a chinese worker at the market, and can try to resolve how the virus got into beijing with contact tracing.  maybe from a truck driver or visitor from outside beijing?

but then when they sequenced the genome of the virus samples:

"According to preliminary genomic and epidemiological study results, the virus is from Europe, but it is different from the virus currently spreading in Europe," CDC official Zhang Yong was cited as saying in an article published on Friday by the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection on its website.

"It's older than the virus currently spreading in Europe."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/update-3-china-publishes-beijing-coronavirus-genome-data-officials-suggest-a-european-strain/ar-BB15Hjr8

it's almost as if the virus was put on ice, somehow, and preserved, somehow, while the free-range virus in europe continued to mutate, with each mutation being incorporated into the genome.  and this virus was a duplicate of the virus as it was a month or two or three ago.

as much as we all hate china, yadayadayada, and can discount anything the ccp says as lies, yadayadayda, don't you think it might could be sorta important to determine whether the virus can be spread on frozen foods?

if that is indeed the case, what sort of quarantine measures are being taken for the yummy foreign foods at makro?  assume the high-temperatures used in canning would kill the virus, but what about frozen fish and meat and strawberries?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

More rubbish from the Chinese as they suggest that COVID might have come not from the bat eating neanderthals in China but from Europe or the US, anywhere but China.

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 6:09 PM, NB1986 said:

The biggest joke is, even the first outbreak in Wuhan they couldnt prove where it came from, but now second outbreak ofcourse commies pointing fingers to Norway now they are 100% 

It's the typical blame game, which China does to perfection, and Thailand is always keen to copy. I remember, only a few weeks ago, China blamed the U.S. to be the origin of the virus. Now it's Europe, and even 'Norwegian salmon'! - All to avoid responsibility, and divert attention from the Chinese source, which, IMHO, is either an experiment in a laboratory gone wrong, which the Chinese government desperately tried, for weeks or even months, to sweep under the carpet (will we ever know the real extend of the pandemic in China?), or, even worse, perhaps, a calculated bio-weapon experiment. - One only needs to follow the latest news about what is going on in the South China Sea, where the PRC is behaving like an irrate teenager, pushing limits, and bullying Vietnam and the Philippines, or the recent massive cyberattack on Australia!

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

"According to preliminary genomic and epidemiological study results, the virus is from Europe, but it is different from the virus currently spreading in Europe," CDC official Zhang Yong was cited as saying in an article published on Friday by the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection on its website.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/update-3-china-publishes-beijing-coronavirus-genome-data-officials-suggest-a-european-strain/ar-BB15Hjr8

China unfortunately has a credibility gap. One of their own creations. BTW I worked there and my boss, cantonese, made this comment to me regarding coworkers; "Chinese are taught to shut up when its not profitable to say anything, vice versa they never lie, just don't tell you anything which they believe could disadvantage their position." 

That makes their WHO sponsored investigations into The 2nd wuhan outbreak circle, doubly suspect. 

Edited by LomSak27

On 6/20/2020 at 10:29 AM, fxe1200 said:

I’m not eating anything WILD that’s how it all started in Wuhan????

19 hours ago, rkidlad said:

An erroneous conflation often used to deflect. We don’t hate China. We hate the CCP. 

Yes, the country seems to have some fine scenery. The people though .. you can't really whitewash the common Chinese. If a large part of them was not in support of CCP, they would have toppled the commies already. Many are complicit.

Either you fight the commies or you are one.

Edited by DrTuner