Pattaya: Attack on 68 year old shopkeeper - further details emerge from CCTV

rooster59

Pattaya: Attack on 68 year old shopkeeper - further details emerge from CCTV

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTYzNy84MTg5NDYyL2F1LmpwZw==.jpg

Image: Sanook

Sanook reported that further details have emerged after a frenzied attack on a 68 year old shopkeeper in the Pattaya area. 

The grandmother fought for her life as she was kicked and stabbed and robbed of about 20,000 baht, said the media.

The police know the identity of the attacker who was earlier reported to be a construction worker called "Oo" real name Somsak, 41.

They have so far failed to catch him after the incident on Wednesday night. 

Somsak was clearly shown in a yellow shirt and shorts attacking Wirat in the convenience store in Sukhumvit Road Soi 71. 

The lady was stabbed many times but spiritedly fought back. 

At one point, fearing discovery, the assailant pulled down the grille of the shop then renewed his assault grabbing the woman's apron that contained money before kicking and stabbing her repeatedly again.

The whole terrifying ordeal for the elderly lady was three minutes long. 

Nearby the suspect changed his bloodstained clothes. 

Earlier reports said that a construction site was surrounded but the suspect was nowhere to be found. 

Sanook reported that he fled the scene of the crime on a motorcycle.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-06-20

• Sad 2

I am pretty sure Thailand will see more of these in the future. The poor will become even poorer with the current situation. They will have a situation on their hands.  Especially Thailand where saving money is considered a laughable activity and it's just the moment that counts. I still have good friends there but man they are bad at expense management. And poor people are even worse. They could cut down on their expenses , they could save a little bit each month...etc etc but to most there is a reason why they're poor. 

Reminds of me of a funny story when I was working there. If you go to an average thai and say to him you are going to pay him 1000 BHT NOW or 3000 at the end of the month for the same amount of work , the majority will take the 1000 THB offer. 

Edited by anon7854

54 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

Gradually the sleepy seaside town of Pattaya returns to normal.

Already is I hear. Mate down there at the moment said a 'westerner' was drugged and robbed outside a restaurant in Soi Buakhao cupla nights ago!! ????????????????????????????????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DPKANKAN said:

Already is I hear. Mate down there at the moment said a 'westerner' was drugged and robbed outside a restaurant in Soi Buakhao cupla nights ago!! ????????????????????????????????

In cases like this, drinking on soi Buakhao can give you a sore bum.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jane Dough said:

He was caught in Rayong today.

Rooster

Thank you for the update.  It has not gone unnoticed that Pattaya news is posted early & regularly updated whilst the main site hardly ever contains stories less than two days stale.

• Like 1