International flights to Thailand won't resume until September, says aviation authority

rooster59

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Trillian, I like your hope and optimistic spirit, but unless you have been in the provinces, lived in the provinces, and observed how these people lived before and now live, I think your view might become a little different. 

I'm based in Bangkok for work but I do occasionally get to visit other provinces so I do see first hand some amount of what you describe. In the main my views have been formulated based on two things primarily, lots of data, reports and meeting about economics and finance that I have to synthesise at work and also first hand interactions via an NGO/charity I support. I know full well there is pain on the bottom end, that's not in dispute but we seem not to agree on the depth and breadth of it nor its probable duration. What we see and what keeps being reaffirmed to us is that most people are adapting, changing the type of work they do, some are reverting to family and family businesses and many have moved back into agriculture. I don't have numbers I can present to you just as you see what you see and nothing else...we shall have to agree to disagree or to accept that as with all things here, different people see different things.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Keyser Soze666 said:

True enough. Apparently you have had a mini outbreak there now, Victoria specifically?

Yeah, 13-25 new cases a day for the last 5 days (many countries would be delighted with numbers as low as that!). Vic Govt has blamed family gatherings. This will postpone the opening of Australia’s internal borders between states.

No, I do not think it is funny being away from loved ones but,

The Government are between a rock & a hard place.

Having pretty much freed the country of the virus they look around & see the worldwide figures still

going up & many ist world countries really look like they culd not care a less

Air travel is obviously the number 1 way to spread the virus internatinally.

We don't even have the local businesses up & running yet (but that is another subject)

Seriously, what would you do ? Just open up with the possibility of a major 2nd wave ?

34 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

The THAI authority are laughing..They can resume entry right now tourists included. But they are bad not logical and racist. This will be there end.

These are the countries most reliant on your tourism dollars

Thailand is number 21 on the list with 9.82% of GDP

This is foreign tourism as most lump foreign tourism and domestic tourism together to get a higher figure of 18-20% of GDP

Goverment is unlikely to resume unrestricted tourism in the near future and I think it safe to say Visa on arrival and visa exemption is bottom of the list, all access in Thailand will be controlled by visa's issued through Thai embassy 

https://qz.com/1724042/the-countries-most-reliant-on-tourism-for-gdp/

• Like 1

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It would be interesting to see if entry is by flight origin or passport.

It would be nuts to see someone from the US whose been in HK for the past 4 months be prevented entry to Thailand because of his US passport. Equally so, people could easily fly to HK and then onto Thailand for ease of entry, unless their travel history is also being checked - if so, expect huge lines at immigration upon arrival.

The problem is: just in HK you don't get any stamp anymore in your pp.

How you can prove you come from there?

1 minute ago, Peterphuket said:

Pretty sure you do as i had to fill in a landing card.  I have a british passport.  I dont know if its changed now since November last year

2 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

A lot of countries don't stamp passports these days.

Boarding pass stub? Off and on, it's been a part of inbound Thai Immigration clearance for a fair while. I imagine right now, it's full-on again.

Unless of course one is of the disposition to drop that in the seat back pocket in front of you before push back.

15 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Boarding pass stub? Off and on, it's been a part of inbound Thai Immigration clearance for a fair while. I imagine right now, it's full-on again.

Post Edited because of:

Never mind I figured out what you were trying to say.

Edited by ThailandRyan

On 6/20/2020 at 3:02 PM, DrJack54 said:

Geezus. Glad I'm not stuck out..

Feel bad for guys stuck outside.

Yes well as the good fellow says below ... "Bummer"… and x 1,000 !!! ... I am stuck in Adelaide Australia, probably about the safest place for CV 19 in the world I think, … like NO cases at all now !!! For weeks ! .... But wellll, Jxxxxx is it cold down this part of the World now !!! ... And September before ? Possibly easier Fights in to Thailand ! Not to mention the Problem of getting out of Australia in the first Place !!! …. …  And then all of the Visa rule changes at the Thai end, …  and uncertainty to deal with !!! ...

Just up to now with Thailand having the Curfew etc. possibly not to bad a time to be stuck here ! ... Apart from No international travel, things ARE coming pretty much back to Normal here now, and well, they were not too bad any way … NO Police fines, or action here I think ? … (No breathalyzers for a while also !)… Just do not form a Crowd. … But go where you like, and without masks.

… But well, yes No easy flights in to BKK until Sept or Oct ! ? … BUMMER as the wise man below says ..... "I should never have come here for my Holiday for the festival and to get other things done”  !!!  Like, I SHOULD have realized how bad this thing was going to get !!! ... (And I still DO think that there is worse to come !!!) … Still you really never would know would you .... SARS hardly slowed a thing down a bit didn't it ??? ... So yes !!! Who would have Known !!!

2 hours ago, Oztruckie said:

Why would you do that lol,when u can purchase a berth on sea going freighters.

I've sailed on many container ships but I'm a bit surprised they are accepting passengers with covid about. 

55 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

Pretty sure you do as i had to fill in a landing card.  I have a british passport.  I dont know if its changed now since November last year

In March last I was refused to come back from HK to LOS, it was possible to change to KL, so the next day arrived at Don Muang, without any hassle.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

A lot of countries don't stamp passports these days.

Unless of course one is of the disposition to drop that in the seat back pocket in front of you before push back.

You can fill in every departure place and flightnumber  you like, but you'll take a risk with that.

On 6/20/2020 at 7:24 AM, rooster59 said:

after the CAAT met with Thai and foreign airlines to discuss the way forward after Thai airspace is expected to be fully opened and further restrictions eased. 

On 6/20/2020 at 7:24 AM, rooster59 said:

Airlines are reluctant to resume operations before they get clear guidance. 

Sounds, as if that’s again the old problem of “Who was first? The hen or the egg?”

However, it only sounds like that! - Absolutely no need to discuss anything with airlines.

Guys, you are in charge! Just open up the airports!

... and airlines will react.

14 minutes ago, BernieOnTour said:

Guys, you are in charge! Just open up the airports!

... and airlines will react.

That's far too simple...a committee will have to be set up to discuss the implications first...????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, possum1931 said:

The rich and middle class paying tax? You mean paying extra tax? No chance, most of them got that way by being too greedy and on the backs of the working class. There is no way they are going to raise their own taxes to help the working class.

Actually my middle class friends are saying they are getting squeezed by this government with additional taxes to make up the shortfall of all the ways the cronies of this government, who are super rich, get around paying taxes.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Actually my middle class friends are saying they are getting squeezed by this government with additional taxes to make up the shortfall of all the ways the cronies of this government, who are super rich, get around paying taxes.

What are the additional taxes they're paying?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Taxes? For example?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

I believe you 100%.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 12:32 PM, DrJack54 said:

Geezus. Glad I'm not stuck out..

Feel bad for guys stuck outside.

Have tickets to return to USA for holidays Nov 23 till Dec 26 to return to Thailand if open for USA passengers. Not sure its going to open up for USA entries into Thailand by Dec

5 hours ago, scorecard said:

Second wave - bad news in Australia. All looking good, then in last 2 days some increase in numbers allowed in restaurants, sports, family gatherings etc.

Very quickly in Victoria in 1 day 25 new infections found, next day 10, also bad numbers in NSW. 

There's a long way to go yet....

What bad numbers in NSW ?virtually all in NSW are hotel quarantine cases. 

19 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:
20 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

But are we expected to give up our careers, stop providing for our families because there is a risk we cannot return?....

That is exactly what millions that work in the Thai tourism industry have had to do, with no choice in the matter, and without having to go anywhere...

They wouldn’t have chosen to ‘give up their work’ though would they? 

Unfortunately the temporary death of the tourism industry is out of their control of the employees. Even dim people understand thats quite different from 'walking off a job’.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, midasthailand said:

Can anyone offer suggestions as to how to satisfy the requirement for COVID 19 insurance to the value of US$100K?

A number of heath insurance companies have confirmed they will provide cover for Covid-19

Such as Aetna, April, AXA etc... 

Pacific Prime confirmed (Crop from the e-mail below). There have been discussions and some uncertainty as to whether the cover applies if we were to catch Covid-19 while travelling against FCO (government) advisory.

Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 10.54.21.png

Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 10.54.51.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Couldn't tell you off hand. In my conversation with them, I didn't ask them for the details, but they sure were not pleased with the people in charge now.

Well I do know the details, there are no new taxes, not one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Is there not now a 14 day quarantine in the UK? A self quarantine like staying indoors?

No contradiction. Outbound flights never ceased. The UK is not the hub of the world.

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

A number of heath insurance companies have confirmed they will provide cover for Covid-19

Such as Aetna, April, AXA etc... 

Pacific Prime confirmed (Crop from the e-mail below). There have been discussions and some uncertainty as to whether the cover applies if we were to catch Covid-19 while travelling against FCO (government) advisory.

Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 10.54.21.png

Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 10.54.51.png

Thank you for this info. My main question is do they offer an exclusion clause for pre existing conditions,  i.e. you are covered for being stood on by an elephant as long as it was not the result of your Diabetes .......etc. Please PM me a budget quote.