Teenager killed in Seattle protest zone shooting, one wounded

rooster59

Many were suffering prior to this with all of the bars and restaurants closed down.  Restaurants only doing take out.  Although there are no Thai restaurants within the CHOP, there are probably 15 Thai restaurants within a mile radius of the area.  Four Thai restaurants, Ayuthaya, Soi, Baitong, and Manao are within two blocks of the CHOP.  

On 6/21/2020 at 7:05 AM, chrisandsu said:

Great points . To me it’s still one of t he most beautiful places on earth but has been trashed by the wack job Californians that have trashed California but now want to spread the same disease all over the west coast ! I have lived here 15 years and the change has been monumental . The funniest part is the looney left were only too happy for the homeless camps until it started happening in the wealthier areas and then city hall started getting overrun with complaints ! Kind of you can trash their area over there but don’t you dare come into Queen Anne or Ballard .  

Born in North Seattle here.  Lived there until I was 18.  Came back to the area (Redmond) some 30 years later after spending too many years in LOS.  In the last 5-7 years the homeless camps have over run some areas.  Ballard has been inundated with the homeless and their tents and broken down RV's.  If you have ever listened to the Dori Monson radio show he goes on a rant about this about once a month.  

• Like 1

A week ago I had the opportunity to go with a friend to the CHOP in Seattle on Capitol Hill.  Parking always sucks up there but we found a place about 5 blocks NE of Cal Anderson Park.  That is the main area of the protest as well as the streets just south and east of the park.  We then walked down to the north end of the park.  Entered Cal Anderson from the north east entrance.  Immediately noticed all of the tents that were set up in the park.  They are literally on top of each other.  A lot are occupied the homeless and others from the current movement that has taken over this area.  Lot's of marijuana in the air but hey, it's Seattle and has been legal for some time.  Yes, it's illegal to smoke there but no one ever does anything about it.  Probably 80% of those camping there are.........white!  Walked onto the athletic fields and there were tents on the perimeter and a few places that were selling food and water.  Crossed the park and went out onto the street.  A lot of barriers erected to keep cars out.  Most were covered with graffiti.  Walked through a few blocks including the now vacant Seattle Police East precinct.  A few memorials have been erected to George Floyd and others and walls covered in spray painted graffiti.  It was peaceful but this was also around 5:00pm.  Things change as the night wears on but I wasn't staying around for that.  Made a loop through the area and then headed back to the car.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

A week ago I had the opportunity to go with a friend to the CHOP in Seattle on Capitol Hill.  Parking always sucks up there but we found a place about 5 blocks NE of Cal Anderson Park.  That is the main area of the protest as well as the streets just south and east of the park.  We then walked down to the north end of the park.  Entered Cal Anderson from the north east entrance.  Immediately noticed all of the tents that were set up in the park.  They are literally on top of each other.  A lot are occupied the homeless and others from the current movement that has taken over this area.  Lot's of marijuana in the air but hey, it's Seattle and has been legal for some time.  Yes, it's illegal to smoke there but no one ever does anything about it.  Probably 80% of those camping there are.........white!  Walked onto the athletic fields and there were tents on the perimeter and a few places that were selling food and water.  Crossed the park and went out onto the street.  A lot of barriers erected to keep cars out.  Most were covered with graffiti.  Walked through a few blocks including the now vacant Seattle Police East precinct.  A few memorials have been erected to George Floyd and others and walls covered in spray painted graffiti.  It was peaceful but this was also around 5:00pm.  Things change as the night wears on but I wasn't staying around for that.  Made a loop through the area and then headed back to the car.  

Yes I listen to Dori from time to time he’s from the mean streets of Ballard right ? ???? if you really want to see some fun you should go to a Seattle Sounders game and stand behind the home goal end ! The ultras are hilarious , they are antifa and give out song cards so everyone can join hands and sing the strangest songs I have ever heard at a soccer game (I’m from Europe) ! One guy had a shirt with warlord on the back - he looked like it couldn’t punch through wet paper ???? when I first came to Seattle it was very alternative now it’s turned into a very strange cuckoo place . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

Yes I listen to Dori from time to time he’s from the mean streets of Ballard right ? ???? if you really want to see some fun you should go to a Seattle Sounders game and stand behind the home goal end ! The ultras are hilarious , they are antifa and give out song cards so everyone can join hands and sing the strangest songs I have ever heard at a soccer game (I’m from Europe) ! One guy had a shirt with warlord on the back - he looked like it couldn’t punch through wet paper ???? when I first came to Seattle it was very alternative now it’s turned into a very strange cuckoo place . 

Yes, Dori is from the "mean streets of Ballard" which are now littered with homeless encampments and broken down barely running RV's.  I rarely go to the Sounders, I'm more of a EPL, La Liga, and Serie A fan.  Bundesliga to boring as Bayern Munich always wins.  

3 hours ago, Hanuman2547 said:

Yes, Dori is from the "mean streets of Ballard" which are now littered with homeless encampments and broken down barely running RV's.  I rarely go to the Sounders, I'm more of a EPL, La Liga, and Serie A fan.  Bundesliga to boring as Bayern Munich always wins.  

Is Mike's Chili Parlor still around?