Pubs, bars may open on July 1 if they follow 22 iron-clad rules

snoop1130

36 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:
1 hour ago, SidJames said:

Any clues to when the clubs & gogos can open?

When they do hand sanitizers will be available at ALL entrances .

weren't they already ? i would of guessed anyone in their right mind would want to sanitize before and after frequenting such a fine establishment.

15 minutes ago, dave s said:

And iron-clad rule number 22 is?

No Thai can count past 10 without taking off his shoes.

And apparently, no Thai can count past 20 under any circumstances.

I thought that TheNation and ThaiVisa articles were written by farangs ? :unsure:

3 minutes ago, pineapple01 said:

Mainly Ferang Teachers.

Visit Vietnam if you have not already. Sit down Bui Vien. The "teachers" there sucking phiss on way to work make English "teachers" in Thailand look like professors. Which they certainly are not.

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:

Sure, for the first few hours after which everybody collectively says meh, to hell with it. TiT.

Yes, once reopened, and the all important informal revenue stream has resumed, then the iron clad rules will become a token effort. After all, the "enforcers" are also likely to be amongst the main beneficiaries of the industry reopening.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, uncleP said:

This is no longer about science it is clearly about control and oppression. No cases locally for a month means there is no need for restrictions of any sort.

Blah blah blah.  Tired of reading this.  You do realise the OP is about easing current restrictions, and ahead of when most people thought.  So how is that about control and oppression exactly?  

Rather than just chucking your stock TVF phrase out there, please explain.

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

No sports matches or competitions that will attract large groups of people are allowed;

No service personnel or public relations representatives are allowed to sit with customers.

So no live football and no bar girls allowed to sit with customers, that's beer bars and go go bars finished.

Seriously? So sports bars, er, restaurants, which have had the TVs burning brightly for the past week, will now have to turn the TVs off. Wow, that's just unbelievable. So the sports "restaurants" (and bars)  might as well shut down again and send all their desperately needy staff back to the village. 

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Kaoboi Bebobp said:

Seriously? So sports bars, er, restaurants, which have had the TVs burning brightly for the past week, will now have to turn the TVs off. Wow, that's just unbelievable. So the sports "restaurants" (and bars)  might as well shut down again and send all their desperately needy staff back to the village. 

That's how it is worded.

2 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

I see. The new PC term, right?

Yeah sure is and Thai karaoke bars have outside girls too. I knew they would do this, it was obvious, no sitting together and masks/visors for the staff.

8 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

No sports matches or competitions that will attract large groups of people are allowed;

There's never been a large group of people in the bars I sometimes drink in, sport or not.

12 hours ago, homeseeker said:

:Toilets must be cleaned every 30 to 60 minutes;" 

What? =

-Most bars in Patpong ain't been cleaned for 30 years!

I guess it will get as clean as it gets them. I estimate that if they start clean those toilets according to the rules above, they will look quite clean in about 30 year more.

Another option is to call in a deep clean team.

One thing hit me. This means that the police that are in charge of following up and inspect that the rules are followed, needs to be able to check upp 22 new things.

Oh Dear! Everyone can understand that will not work, looking at previous history of knowledge regarding and upholding the laws.

Edited by Matzzon