Pubs, bars may open on July 1 if they follow 22 iron-clad rules

snoop1130

There will be many a bar afterr reading this list that may not bother.

Assuming that customers have done their over 3 months in semi isolation in Thailand & the borders are closed what are they trying to prove ?

A game of pool or darts is certainly not going to pollute the place.

Or is there something that they are not telling us ?

1 hour ago, saigonsunset said:

Any place on Thong Lor that serves so much as a bowl of peanuts is already open as a 'restaurant', packed till under the roof with no distancing whatsoever.

Any names please? 

I stay in Thonglor for the moment and can only drink at "The Old English Pub" and "Mellow". 

And in "The Ekamai Beer House" in Ekamai. 

17 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Any names please? 

I stay in Thonglor for the moment and can only drink at "The Old English Pub" and "Mellow". 

Thai bars such as Thay and TDerm are open but catered for younger crowd.

• Thanks 1

This thread is so lame. Government again playing games. The list of 22 rules is a nonsense. Just setting up a catch 22.

I'm sure some members could make short list of rules to "ease" back into bars opening. Easy to limit hours to eg close 10pm. Straight away knocks out nightclubs, Gogo bars etc. 

Most of bars I have a drink at BKK (pre covid) are rarely busy and that's when we had tourists. 

Any guys been places such as Udon Thani, day night area it's VERY quiet pre covid.

Most patrons 80%+ are locals. 

Obviously step after that would be raise opening time.

One question to the members. Take small sample space. LK metro. How busy would that be if all bars Pattaya can open tomorrow. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jester69 said:

I work at a Government Public school and we have no social distancing in place, no handwash anywhere are school and no temperature checking...... this is all another bit of cheap lip!

I thought that the Government Public Schools were not due to reopen until next week - Wednesday the first of July?

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.
  • Like 1

Ensuring all tables are at least 2 metres apart or are partitioned;

Ensuring seats are at least one metre apart;

if the tables are 2 meter apart and each chair takes the space of 1 meter there will be no space left between the chairs 555
- So placing tables 2 meter apart is just ludicrous - 3 - 4 meter would be more correct.

Also:

Patrons are not allowed to be loud or walk around the venue if not necessary;

What the F has the guests loudness to do with anything related to spreading of the virus ???

• Like 2

7 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Any names please? 

Lucky Fish too.  Happy hour is on as it used to be.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, smedly said:

There will be a communist party representative at every venue ready to act against rule breakers - they will be taken away for adjustment  

This is a worldwide phenomenon now!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Keep in mind that girls dancing naked is also illegal in Thailand and that hasn't stopped any go-go from operating. That is the whole reason they have all those boys/girls at the front door of most places, to warn the people inside if they see any cops coming.

More than a few times I've seen a red light start flashing in a go-go and suddenly all the girls on stage run off to the dressing room while other girls (properly dressed in skimpy bikinis) take their place on stage.

Won't be any different a few days after they open again. They'll be careful at the start, knowing that people will be checking on them. After they get settled in though, things will slowly return to normal.
Just most places won't be anywhere near as crowded as before and the "selection" may not be quite as good as before either.

And when the red light flashes in the future, it will be to alert all the staff to jump up and stay a meter away from everyone else - and to put their masks back on. 

Bets on how long it takes before you see some dancers wearing face masks as bikini bottoms ? And then trying to put them on customer's faces ? (And how many customers would be trying to hoard all those masks for "later use" ?)
Yeah, you know you want to. You know you are already trying to figure out how to get your favourite girl to do that for you. 

True in Canada at least (used to be at least, in most places). Dancers have to keep a set distance away from customers and no touching allowed, not even to grab money. They'll have inspectors go in pretending to be customers to make sure the bars/dancers are complying with the regs and those that don't risk losing their liquor license and being shut down.
Many clubs had a distinct rail or separation between the "dance floor" and the customer that neither was allowed to cross (I recall, a long time ago, that in some places it was mandated that there had to be at least an 18" gap between the two). Each province had their own regulations though. In Ontario, the girls could perform lap dances but you couldn't lay a finger on them.

I was back in Canada (Ontario) in 2006 and a friend of mine wanted to take me to a local strip club. I was bored within 5 minutes but he thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. I tried to explain what the clubs in Thailand were like, but it was like trying to explain riding a Harley to someone that had never even ridden a pedal bike before. Or trying to explain what cheesecake tastes like to someone who says they don't like cheese, or cake.

He just couldn't accept that there could be places better than that strip club. (I just read an article that noted that strip club in fact and that it was shut down just 2 years ago.)

The last strip bar in Victoria closed about 2 years ago. Used to be about 7 or 8 of them. Back in Calgary in 80's & 90's in the odd strip club, if you put a $20 bill between your teeth and layed on the stage floor the peelers would either squat on your face and take the bill between their pussy lips or in one or 2 of the clubs they would throw a small blanket over their midsection and let you go at it for 10 seconds or so... was quite popular with the right dancer!!

1 minute ago, xr399 said:

The last strip bar in Victoria closed about 2 years ago. Used to be about 7 or 8 of them. Back in Calgary in 80's & 90's in the odd strip club, if you put a $20 bill between your teeth and layed on the stage floor the peelers would either squat on your face and take the bill between their pussy lips or in one or 2 of the clubs they would throw a small blanket over their midsection and let you go at it for 10 seconds or so... was quite popular with the right dancer!!

The other interesting pastime for some of the raunchier dancers was squirting a blob of whipped cream on their parts and letting the customers lick it clean ha ha!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, xr399 said:

This is a worldwide phenomenon now!

Sure is. No standing inside in UK bars when they reopen next month, standing only allowed in beer garden.

Soi Cowboy not reopening at present, a friend of mine manages a sports bar there. Not sure about Nana Plaza.

15 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Any names please? 

Drinking at three pubs is good? Some only live to ge at the pub and BS with whoever.

Captain Sensible at his very best! Why would anyone bother making up a list like that, its all about control and who is in charge, how much more will the public stand for?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

One question to the members. Take small sample space. LK metro. How busy would that be if all bars Pattaya can open tomorrow. 

Who really knows. Though I do not drink there often, I have been down soi buakow many times in daytime over the last few months.  100's of expats still frequent area.  Even if they only get 20-30 patrons in a week, likely some bar owners will want to open up and give it a try I would think.   As with the massage shops, maybe half of the bars would try a soft opening with a few girls present to see what kind of crowd they get nightly in the LK-metro / Soi Buakow area.  The "ironclad rules" mean nothing when there is no enforcement.  As the song goes, "no one knows what goes on behind closed doors". Maybe 30% of the massage ladies never left Soi Chaiyapoon as they live upstairs in the shops.  The Thai people all know there is always risk of a raid or "fine" from police if they are caught.  I suspect these bars and clubs have excellent "grapevine communication" where employees let each other know when the police are in the area.

Edited by Skallywag
  • Like 1