Pubs, bars may open on July 1 if they follow 22 iron-clad rules

snoop1130

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

No service personnel or public relations representatives are allowed to sit with customers.

I think this rule will be rather disappointing for some visitors...????

• Haha 2

Rule 22: The Political Officer, or Commissar, appointed by Government for each bar and to be paid for by the bar owner, shall at each 30 minute interval:

a) require all activity in the bar to stop
b) read out their authorisation letter from Government

c) list the 21 Rules and provide examples and point out any infractions over the last 30 minutes

d) question patrons on their understanding of the rules

e) require patrons to sign form L/2987/X33/90135/K77/C234 (one per patron)

f) inspect the toilets to ensure they have ben cleaned within the last 30 minutes
g) provide the bar owner with the approval letter to continue operation up until the next 30 minute review ( the pro forma for this approval letter is expected to be available online before the next tourist high season in 2021)

This process is not expected to take more than 45 minutes.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

The rules are only there so the cops can shake them down for not adhering to the rules.

Soon the brown paper bags will have a tick list on them. Please tick which activities you wish us to turn a blind eye to.

Controlling the number of patrons to ensure the venue does not get congested

✓ Checking every customer and staff member’s temperature

Ensuring groups are no bigger than five

Beverages can only be served individually, and shared jugs or ice buckets are prohibited;

A local bar that I used to frequent cannot possibly operate like this.

Many of the stated regulations just go against how they operated.

The floor space is packed with tables, to get as many people in as possible, standing room only around them, a few only offer bar type stools to sit on. Beer is served in a bottle with the top off, Whisky is bought by the bottle & shared among the table, ice-buckets are the norm for Thais to fill their glasses when needed.

80% of the above including all the social distancing will be forgotten once inside.

• Like 2

Social distancing measures must be observed in smoking areas;

This one caught my eye - might put a stop to the "old farts" who congregate at the bar with an ashtray, packet of fags, lighter and a beer in front of them! 

17 hours ago, homeseeker said:

:Toilets must be cleaned every 30 to 60 minutes;" 

What? =

-Most bars in Patpong ain't been cleaned for 30 years!

it's an editing error, they meant to put patrons, not toilets ????????

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Blah blah blah.  Tired of reading this.  You do realise the OP is about easing current restrictions, and ahead of when most people thought.  So how is that about control and oppression exactly?  

Rather than just chucking your stock TVF phrase out there, please explain.

I know how you feel, Im tired of reading comments like yours who dont have the ability to think for themselves

Try understanding that the control comes by not letting you play pool, darts or watch sports on TV. There is nothing in these activities that will risk spreading anything seeing as we are now Covid free anyway - DA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, mr mr said:

weren't they already ? i would of guessed anyone in their right mind would want to sanitize before and after frequenting such a fine establishment.

Why would you not be carrying your own pocket-sized bottle of sanitizer? I did back in Feb/March in Pattaya and I carry one here in UK now.

Not difficult....

Hint:  buy one pocket-sized bottle and one big one for home use....top up small one from big one....repeat as necessary - more cost-effective usually.

• Haha 1

Any place on Thong Lor that serves so much as a bowl of peanuts is already open as a 'restaurant', packed till under the roof with no distancing whatsoever. Why still beat around the bush pretening to be in control while clearly reality has long passed the CCSA and their out of touch approach?

17 hours ago, dave s said:

And iron-clad rule number 22 is?

No Thai can count past 10 without taking off his shoes. And apparently, no Thai can count past 20 under any circumstances.

lady boys can!!! 21.....????????????????????????????????

17 hours ago, mr mr said:

weren't they already ? i would of guessed anyone in their right mind would want to sanitize before and after frequenting such a fine establishment.

Those fine establishments usually cater to people who think that "would of" is the English Language. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Burma Bill said:

This one caught my eye - might put a stop to the "old farts" who congregate at the bar with an ashtray, packet of fags, lighter and a beer in front of them! 

What? Thats what happens in bars. Why would anything put a stop to that? You sound like 1 of those entitled jokers who wander why they cant get a seat in a bar to watch a game when they arrive at KO time haha, snooze ya lose kid

• Sad 1

I just wonder, how many committees and sub-working groups were compiling this list. 

Of utmost highlight I would score:

Patrons are not allowed to be loud or walk around the venue if not necessary. 
This will ensure, that Covito-19/Coronavirus is not woken up and starts to get active again?

No service personnel or public relations representatives are allowed to sit with customers. 
In the past they were possibly called pimps and hookers, as real waitresses and waiters were never allowed to mix with the esteemed clientele; nice linguistic upgrade! 

• Haha 1

Guess I was in a "restaurant" then last Saturday here in BKK:) We didnt`t eat, but shared a couch with other people, had shared jugs, sisha, music and people playing pool. 

Sorry...but they are just killing the whole scene! Owners who can afford the bribes/have contacts are already back to normal!

Edited by SpanishExpat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Walter Travolta said:

I know how you feel, Im tired of reading comments like yours who dont have the ability to think for themselves

Try understanding that the control comes by not letting you play pool, darts or watch sports on TV. There is nothing in these activities that will risk spreading anything seeing as we are now Covid free anyway - DA

That is rich, from someone obviously not thinking for themselves, just about themselves.

How do you know "we are now Covid free anyway"? Would that be from the same source as the death figures?

Why would one statement be any more credible than the other, couldn't possibly be down to wishful thinking on the part of those desperate for a watering hole.

• Confused 1