Pubs, bars may open on July 1 if they follow 22 iron-clad rules

snoop1130

No video gaming or pub games like pool and darts will be allowed

I've been patiently waiting for my favorite sports bar to open so that I could play pool.

I guess that's not happening. Maybe it's time for me to consider buying a table for my home...

Lol "if they follow 22 iron-clad rules"

But there's only 21 rules on that list !! What is rule #22 ??

(Yeah, you all assumed there were 22 rules listed, didn't you ?)

42 minutes ago, ehs818 said:

No video gaming or pub games like pool and darts will be allowed

I've been patiently waiting for my favorite sports bar to open so that I could play pool.

I guess that's not happening. Maybe it's time for me to consider buying a table for my home...

Give it a few weeks might be a few good second hand one available 

Only eating and drinking is allowed … so no touchy feely stuff then?

Serving staff are required to wear a mask or face shield at all times … so you can’t see the merchandise?

No service personnel or public relations representatives are allowed to sit with customers … would you want them to if they are wearing a mask and you can’t see what they look like?

Patrons are not allowed to be loud or walk around the venue if not necessary … do what?

16 minutes ago, GaryAdriaenssens said:

I'm shocked! ONLY 22 rules...... ????????

Yeah this type of nonsense will backfire. The pubs will complain that there's too many rules and that it's impossible to follow and the police will be sympathetic and thus no rules will be enforced. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

None of this will be enforced. It's just classic Thailand. 

1. Pretend like you're serious about something for 5 minutes, act tough, big power, big face.

2. Create a plethora of rules that can't possibly be abided by so the person enforcing the rules has the power of deciding whether to apply the rules or look the other way for a fee.

If the bars open (it looks like they will), there may be some token enforcement for a day or two before the cops have shaken down enough cash to go to a karaoke bar for Whiskey Sodas.

Yeah, lots of bars already open in Chiang Mai...

I am glad the government is putting a lot of thought in this process of opening up to foreigners. It needs to be done in stages- we all understand that. But who thinks the Chinese should be on the priority list as travelers to enter the country. What is the criteria????

• Like 1

Thailand is Covid free after 28 days of ZERO local cases... who wants to go with these rules and who wants to run a place like this ? Total insanity. Where is rule 22 - customer must wear face mask - dancers as well ???????????? some can only wonder 

Edited by Cadan
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Just go to makro buy yourself a case of Chang 790 baht for 12 bottles and sit by the pool turn the music on and get your wife or gig to dance around the pool serving your beer, save yourself a fortune 

Your local makro has a pool ? 

Not a bad deal @ 790 a case and a swim .

• Haha 1