Pubs, bars may open on July 1 if they follow 22 iron-clad rules

snoop1130

On 6/23/2020 at 7:34 AM, Kerryd said:

Lol "if they follow 22 iron-clad rules"

But there's only 21 rules on that list !! What is rule #22 ??

(Yeah, you all assumed there were 22 rules listed, didn't you ?)

It seems the missing rule was "10. Replace menus with single-use paper sheets"

I thought it was going to be "must log in/out on the Thai Chana application". Apparently that is also required but didn't make it onto the "iron clad" list of rules.

“Thermal scanners will be set up at each end of Bangla Rd,” Mayor Chalermluck said.

“Entertainment venue operators also must follow the guidelines [expected to be approved by the CCSA] and must set up Thai Chana QR code at the entrance to their businesses so guests can register their attendance there."
https://www.thephuketnews.com/bangla-nightlife-president-blasts-bar-reopening-rules-76482.php

Could be just a "Phuket" rule though. Maybe only "bamboo clad" compared to the national "iron clad" rules.

On 6/23/2020 at 1:33 PM, KhunKenAP said:

If you look at this poster on the rules, the one on top right column only requires that performers have to wear a face shield. Go-Go bars can breath a sigh of relieve. lol

Bar.jpg

Unfortunately, more likely catching a virus from another bodily location.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 6:46 PM, baansgr said:

You can still buy them a drink, they just can't sit with you...the way some brasses are it won't be any different really

Social distances of 2 metres , you can still buy the lady?, drinks .

Cheers ..

• Haha 1

Coronavirus news: Drinkers warned risk of catching Covid-19 in reopening pubs ‘quite high’, as Boris Johnson eases lockdown and reduces 2-metre rule

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-news-live-boris-johnson-061050612.html

On 6/22/2020 at 6:20 PM, Puchaiyank said:

22 reasons to stay away from coronavirus bars...

Correct , being a tea drinker,  occasionally having a coffee, 

Beer bars , lady bars ,  should be closed , forever .

The new normal Thailand , will no longer be a Brothel , attracting the wrong type ..

Edited by elliss

Give it a week or two at best and things will be the way they always were. E.g., when restaurants first opened a few weeks ago at first there was strict social distancing, alternate empty seats, plexiglass partitions, even separating the same group. All gone now. Expect the same with the bars, gogos and nightclubs.

14 hours ago, elliss said:

The new normal Thailand , will no longer be a Brothel , attracting the wrong type ..

Why would you think that? Talks are going on at Gvnmt level to legalize prostitution.....By the way not only wrong people go to brothels, and there are no brothels in Th. 

On 6/23/2020 at 10:57 PM, josephbloggs said:

Very good Walter, thanks for that.

If the government wanted control, or for some reason to show they lord it over others, we would still have a curfew, we wouldn't be able to move around, we wouldn't have bars opening at all.  But, er, they cancelled the curfew, they allowed most businesses to open, and bars are about to open.

Many other countries like Singapore, UK have had far more severe lockdown rules than us (apart from the alcohol ban).  Thailand did what it needed to do and has been gradually easing restrictions and opening up for the last month.  Singapore opened up too soon and got badly hit by the second wave then locked down severely, Thailand did not make that mistake and has reaped the benefits and is in a very good place.  Many of the easings have come ahead of when they were expected (including bars it seems we will soon hear).  

So you think the government wants to control you by not allowing darts?  They didn't choose to control you by not easing any restrictions, keeping a curfew in place and keeping everyone locked down?  Weird kind of control.  Control by darts bans, OK. 

It would be nice if you thought for yourself instead of following the TVF paranoia.

Sorry for the late reply I dont log in everyday

You are congratulating the govt for the easing of the curfew and such like and taking my "darts" example and simplifying it. Its not too much about the subject of playing darts, its more about giving with 1 hand and taking away with the other. Its rather like allowing a child a bag of sweets yet telling him he can only eat a few. Quite coincidentally, being treated like a child. Which brings me on to the curfew . . . again, treating us all like children and you applaud them lifting something that should never have been implemented in the first place? They even took the rise with the final act of the curfew before it ceased to exist, they firstly went from 10pm - 4am to 11pm to 4am. Then they took the urine even further by resetting it to 11pm to 3am hahaha. Most of us can see when the urine is being extracted from us

Yeah, looking back the curfew was indeed hugely effective in running the virus out of town hahaha (sarcasm)
Playing pool would actually enhance the 2m social distancing rule anyway, seeing as tables are 2m long they will always be 2m apart ???? 

Dont let the mask slip ????

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Sorry for the late reply I dont log in everyday

You are congratulating the govt for the easing of the curfew and such like and taking my "darts" example and simplifying it. Its not too much about the subject of playing darts, its more about giving with 1 hand and taking away with the other. Its rather like allowing a child a bag of sweets yet telling him he can only eat a few. Quite coincidentally, being treated like a child. Which brings me on to the curfew . . . again, treating us all like children and you applaud them lifting something that should never have been implemented in the first place? They even took the rise with the final act of the curfew before it ceased to exist, they firstly went from 10pm - 4am to 11pm to 4am. Then they took the urine even further by resetting it to 11pm to 3am hahaha. Most of us can see when the urine is being extracted from us

Yeah, looking back the curfew was indeed hugely effective in running the virus out of town hahaha (sarcasm)
Playing pool would actually enhance the 2m social distancing rule anyway, seeing as tables are 2m long they will always be 2m apart ???? 

Dont let the mask slip ????

Some ethnic groups are entirely attached to social drinking clubs (pubs). It doesn't seem natural to me and probably leads to family break ups, and other social ills. I really don't understand why people are attracted to this life style. Some people occasionally go to dance clubs to dance, or singing clubs to sing, but going to a pub to play darts and get drunk on a frequent basis seems sick. At least it keeps them out of my neighborhood.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Walter Travolta said:

Love how easy you make yourself to read. You dont choose your words carefully at all do you?

Firstly when you take your pop at a certain "ethnic group" (whites I presume?) and use the claim they are ENTIRELY ATTACHED TO SOCIAL DRINKING CLUBS it comes across as you believe whites are addicted to alcohol. Im guessing whites as Im not sure I know of another ethnic group who is stereotyped with copious amounts of alcohol intake.
Then you change your rhetoric totally when you talk about dance clubs. You refer to those patrons as people and use the word occasionally. Then when you go back to the p!$$heads, they get drunk on a frequent basis and it seems sick to you? 
NB - Not everyone who enters a bar drinks alcohol. Not everyone who likes an alcoholic beverage is a drunk. And if they are kept out of your neighbourhood, why the hell did you bother commenting seeing as it has no bearing on your life whatsoever? 

I wasn't referring to whites, but it's up to you. Why do you come to Thailand and import your social ills with you? Do you think it your way of showing your superior life style? 555

On 6/23/2020 at 3:25 PM, Walter Travolta said:

Wow, you just made yourself look quite stupid! Are all your 7585 posts as presumptuous as that? I answered a question that was asked about control, not sure how you come to the conclusion I partake in pool darts or watching sport? 

My "Covid free" comment is based on no cases reported in over a month? Again, not sure how you are wired up but no cases for a month seems to me that we should be OK to come out from under the bed but feel free to stay under yours

I already have a watering hole if I want one

Please dont waste my time again with ridiculous attempts at trying to make me look foolish. You failed quite emphatically 

"no cases reported" - You are perfectly free to believe that equates to thinking for yourself.

• Confused 1

On 6/24/2020 at 9:43 PM, elliss said:

I am so happy, that things are a- okay for you!

Thank God, you are not selfish, at all!

On 6/25/2020 at 4:07 PM, checkered flag said:

I wasn't referring to whites, but it's up to you. Why do you come to Thailand and import your social ills with you? Do you think it your way of showing your superior life style? 555

What are you on about?

"import your social ills"?

Like Thais would not drink, if it weren't for "imported ills"?

What is your point?

On 6/22/2020 at 1:27 PM, NE1 said:

I think my biggest fear , is them not washing the glasses and utensils properly.

Washing numerous items in the same water.

If thats your biggest fear in life ,then i want to be you lol