95 % Global Recovery Rate

marvin1950

A 95% recovery rate of covid-19 to me does not warrant a global lockdown.

Even if you are covid-19 positive tested or not, 95% will recover. How many have died from the financial impact of the various lockdowns. Jobs lost, depression, suicide.

There are no statistics for the loss of these lives.

Enough already.

Can the WHO come up eith these statistics?

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Do you understand the impact of loosing your job, of becoming unable to provide for your family, to pay your rent?

100% I contracted C19 back in February here in the UK and really wasn't nothing major for me on this occasion.  My employer will almost certainly insist on all employees being tested prior to returning to office but there's no sign of returning to the office for some considerable time to come.  

I'm quite certain that the UK unemployment rate will rocket to 80s levels in the not too distant future and it's not going to pretty.  

I don't want to lose my job and livelihood and I don't wish it on anyone else either.  But in the current economic climate I'm uncertain about my own employment status and I'm in what would be considered a fairly safe occupation at the moment.   

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

100% I contracted C19 back in February here in the UK and really wasn't nothing major for me on this occasion.  My employer will almost certainly insist on all employees being tested prior to returning to office but there's no sign of returning to the office for some considerable time to come.  

I'm quite certain that the UK unemployment rate will rocket to 80s levels in the not too distant future and it's not going to pretty.  

I don't want to lose my job and livelihood and I don't wish it on anyone else either.  But in the current economic climate I'm uncertain about my own employment status and I'm in what would be considered a fairly safe occupation at the moment.   

I think I may of had it last December in BKK, need an antibody test.

Judging by the amount cars queueing to get into my local refuse dump today, there must a hell of a lot people still off work.

Unemployment will certainly hit 3 million maybe next month or in August with the furlough scheme ending. The highest point in the early 80's was just over 3 million and I remember at the school the 1981 riots, 1 in 10 UB40 song.

The local high street has about 7 charity shops and only 1 has re-opened, a few closing down sales and some others already gone for good. I think there is about 10 pubs and bars, 1 is on shaky ground and 4 will have very limited capacity inside with no beer garden and only pavement frontage.

Edited by tribalfusion001

16 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

1 in 10 UB40 song.

As an aside UB40 did have some good tunes in the early 80s before they went all out on cover versions.  Same sort of early 80s moodiness as The Specials, who were obviously neighbours in the Midlands.

47 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

As an aside UB40 did have some good tunes in the early 80s before they went all out on cover versions.  Same sort of early 80s moodiness as The Specials, who were obviously neighbours in the Midlands.

I was into synth pop in the early 80s, those fascinating Korg, Roland and Emu synths. 2020 and not much has changed still electronic music, techno now lol.

10 hours ago, marvin1950 said:

A 95% recovery rate of covid-19 to me does not warrant a global lockdown

Some have lasting effects, some have no effects, but can spread the virus exponentially... which means w/o some, proper precautions, many more people will get sick and die... 

Seems to me the virus is smarter than many people... and that does not bode well... 

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

Some have lasting effects, some have no effects, but can spread the virus exponentially... which means w/o some, proper precautions, many more people will get sick and die... 

Seems to me the virus is smarter than many people... and that does not bode well... 

The virus is very smart and doesn't effect China too much, but instead effects all the major countries in the west, plus emerging ones like Brazil and India, very smart????

• Haha 1

The "95% recovery rate of covid-19" is most probably far higher than that. At present, we don't know how many people have gotten Covid. We do know that many who get Covid  are asymptomatic and based on statistics from the Princess cruise ship that number might be 50%. Many others who had mild symptoms never presented themselves to hospitals. 

The only 2 studies that were done to try to determine the extent of Covid infection were by Stanford Medical and USC Medical where they took blood samples and used antibody results. The initial findings at Stanford show that 

"mortality rate in Santa Clara County is between 0.12% and 0.2%. (In contrast, the county's mortality rate based solely on official cases and deaths as of last Friday, April 17, was 3.9%."

Source: https://paloaltoonline.com/news/2020/04/21/los-angeles-study-backs-stanford-researchers-conclusion-about-high-prevalence-of-covid-19

IF these studies are accurate, then the recovery rate is 99.8%. The studies naturally elicited major criticism. Some had sensible questions about methodology and the accuracy of the test kit. Others were strictly attacks based on financial or political reasons.  Some garbage studies based on highly unreliable data analysis were rushed out to attempt to contradict the physical studies done by epidemiologists at Stanford and USC. 

Note that the Stanford team reviewed their data after the avalanche of criticism and made slight adjustments, while maintaining that the original conclusions were accurate. Source: https://www.pe.com/2020/05/12/coronavirus-revised-stanford-estimate-says-santa-clara-county-had-54-times-more-cases-than-we-knew-about/ 

Edited by JerseytoBKK
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, JerseytoBKK said:

The "95% recovery rate of covid-19" is most probably far higher than that. At present, we don't know how many people have gotten Covid. We do know that many who get Covid  are asymptomatic and based on statistics from the Princess cruise ship that number might be 50%. Many others who had mild symptoms never presented themselves to hospitals. 

The only 2 studies that were done to try to determine the extent of Covid infection were by Stanford Medical and USC Medical where they took blood samples and used antibody results. The initial findings at Stanford show that 

"mortality rate in Santa Clara County is between 0.12% and 0.2%. (In contrast, the county's mortality rate based solely on official cases and deaths as of last Friday, April 17, was 3.9%."

Source: https://paloaltoonline.com/news/2020/04/21/los-angeles-study-backs-stanford-researchers-conclusion-about-high-prevalence-of-covid-19

IF these studies are accurate, then the recovery rate is 99.8%. The studies naturally elicited major criticism. Some had sensible questions about methodology and the accuracy of the test kit. Others were strictly attacks based on financial or political reasons.  Some garbage studies based on highly unreliable data analysis were rushed out to attempt to contradict the physical studies done by epidemiologists at Stanford and USC. 

Note that the Stanford team reviewed their data after the avalanche of criticism and made slight adjustments, while maintaining that the original conclusions were accurate. Source: https://www.pe.com/2020/05/12/coronavirus-revised-stanford-estimate-says-santa-clara-county-had-54-times-more-cases-than-we-knew-about/ 

The Heinsberg study by Professor Streeck in Germany came to very similar results.

• Like 1

Well, if covid lives don't matter, or at least 5% of them, then the logical conclusion is to let them die and others carry on as normal. Just be explicit and honest about it, let 'em croak.

That's the thing, nobody wants to be the a-hole that thinks that way, although just about anybody with some stats skills will come to the same conclusion. World is going to pay a high price for it's moral obligations.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Well, if covid lives don't matter, or at least 5% of them, then the logical conclusion is to let them die and others carry on as normal. Just be explicit and honest about it, let 'em croak.

That's the thing, nobody wants to be the a-hole that thinks that way, although just about anybody with some stats skills will come to the same conclusion. World is going to pay a high price for it's moral obligations.

i don't mind being the a hole that thinks that way.   CM  every grocery store and 7-11  and so many other places gotta wear masks,  detergent bottles everywhere, bogeyman virus particles floating around like

some Twilight Zone episode.   

The local exercise area with football players and people of all ages exercising and playing is the happiest place I have encountered.  Every day hundreds of people out and enjoying life..... without masks.

My vote goes with them.   You guys who think the whole world is coming to an end,  just stay home!

Damn,  i hate this big brother mentality .   Give me liberty or give me death.  I am sure that those of us who feel this way would love to work and be happy to pay for the Netflix channel and the Grab deliveries of BigMacs to all who want to seclude themselves from the world.

"governments know better than us what to do"     hahaha   funniest line of the decade

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well it is at least pleasing to know there those out there who are not constantly bitching about the poor show by some governments

I am of the opinion that this pandemic may well be a catalyst towards more 'home produced goods' in the future

Thailand is quite unique with it's self sufficiency model providing support cranking along in the background

Above all the most concerning facet is the fact that two months is all some companies could survive! why? because many only provide a service product or turn a profit on goods manufactured elsewhere

For me there was a need for an element of control, now it is past, pubs in the UK are slated to open shortly, I though schools would be the turning point but objections and concerns have delayed their re-opening - still pockets of fear around then apparently

Edited by 473geo

22 minutes ago, rumak said:

"governments know better than us what to do"     hahaha   funniest line of the decade

UK cricket is banned 'because the ball is a

natural vector for C19'.  seen on Sky news

23 June. You couldn't make this S#i# up.

Most of us know its just Flu.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rumak said:

I am sure that those of us who feel this way would love to work and be happy to pay for the Netflix channel and the Grab deliveries of BigMacs to all who want to seclude themselves from the world.

Is that an offer, you'll work and send BigMacs AND free Netflix to others? Man, I know a few million millenials that'll take it up in an instant.

Otherwise, yes I can respect your opinion, well and clearly put.

• Like 1

People die every day. Some can't be controlled. Some from human neglect and some from carelessness.

If you said to me this or any other virus kills 5% of the people infected I wouldn't be concerned if it would me not having a job to feed and house my family.

All these ads on selling medicine that help against a disease or ailment all come with scarey warnings about side effects on these these drugs.

Life goes on we do not live forever.

Enjoy yourself.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 3:15 AM, yuyiinthesky said:

Do you understand the impact of loosing your job, of becoming unable to provide for your family, to pay your rent?
Do you understand the impact of furloughed doctors and nurses caused by empty hospitals, with no Covid patients, and no other patients?

Do you know what the cost is of a bankruptcy, of a business forever closed? Do you know the impact of such a closure on the employees, the families of the employees, the taxes they do not pay anymore?

Ah no, you don’t, you are not affected. Good pension, right?

OK, so we have established that to you Black Lives Don’t Matter, White Lives Don’t Matter, only money matters ?

5% of cases die and many more have long term effects, one estimate I read said up to 10% will have significant effects for up to 6 months or more.

According to the latest figures the most recent million cases occurred in 8 days ( the first million took 3 months), so 50,000 of them will die, and another 100,000 will be suffering for a while longer. And then how long will the next million cases take ? A week ? All these casualties cost money that is so precious to you .....ongoing health care costs, lost productivity, unpaid taxes, etc. Do you want those costs to keep rising just because some people think their civil liberties are being infringed by having to wear a mask for a few minutes at the 7/11 ? Or because your favourite bar is closed for a while ? Bar closures are temporary, death is for ever.

And then there is absolutely no evidence of long term immunity so even if you survive the first time with no or little effects you might not be so lucky next year, or the year after.

Perhaps some of the COVID deniers should move to Brazil.....

Edited by MikeN

16 hours ago, MikeN said:

OK, so we have established that to you Black Lives Don’t Matter, White Lives Don’t Matter, only money matters ?

Quite the contrary, #AllLivesMatter, all!

That includes the lives of the ones which lost their jobs, and cannot provide for their families anymore.

That includes the lives of the cancer patients which die from cancer because they skipped checkups and treatments due to Covid lockdowns.

And so on, and so on. The lockdowns cause a lot of collateral damage, and at the end that could be more than Covid-19.

Look at the stats, we have almost no deaths in Thailand, and even less in the neighboring countries (Cambodia has zero without a lockdown).

So compared to zero and almost zero deaths it is about time to think about the ones who drop now into poverty, with no new jobs in sight.

I know, many old fat farangs with a pension don’t give a rat’s bottom about them.

16 hours ago, MikeN said:

5% of cases die and many more have long term effects, one estimate I read said up to 10% will have significant effects for up to 6 months or more.

5% ? As others have stated already that is wrong. Very wrong. And I think you know that already. But It sounds scary, good for scaremongering.

If you’re so scared, please stay home, lock yourself in your room, wear your mask, stay 10 meters away from everybody. I won’t.

Edited by yuyiinthesky

On 6/23/2020 at 9:36 PM, rumak said:

The local exercise area with football players and people of all ages exercising and playing is the happiest place I have encountered.  Every day hundreds of people out and enjoying life..... without masks.

My vote goes with them.   You guys who think the whole world is coming to an end,  just stay home!

Damn,  i hate this big brother mentality .   Give me liberty or give me death.  I am sure that those of us who feel this way would love to work and be happy to pay for the Netflix channel and the Grab deliveries of BigMacs to all who want to seclude themselves from the world.

Very well said, thanks!